Wavy lines on hud during dogfight

Michaelc136

Without seeing a screenshot I have to take a guess at what you are looking at...

I believe what you are seeing is the aircraft specific targeting reference. I'm at work and I cannot look up the official name of it. Basically you have the targeting queue and two lines coming "down" from it correct?

If that is the one you are referencing then the idea is to get the enemy aircraft's wingtips touching each line and the would put you at proper sight alignment.

First you will need to make sure you select the correct aircraft or the distance calculation would be off. Then you have to keep adjusting to keep the bogey at the right "point."

If you post a screenshot we can provide a more definitive answer.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Without seeing a screenshot I have to take a guess at what you are looking at...

I believe what you are seeing is the aircraft specific targeting reference. I'm at work and I cannot look up the official name of it. Basically you have the targeting queue and two lines coming "down" from it correct?

If that is the one you are referencing then the idea is to get the enemy aircraft's wingtips touching each line and the would put you at proper sight alignment.

First you will need to make sure you select the correct aircraft or the distance calculation would be off. Then you have to keep adjusting to keep the bogey at the right "point."

If you post a screenshot we can provide a more definitive answer.

Yep Yep Yep thank you but how do i get them to show up in the first place

You need to be in Gun mode, make sure your Gun switch is activated. Then, if I remember correctly, you will use TMS left and right to select between the different preset profiles. I could be wrong on the TMS hat switch, but it was one of the hat switches on the top of the Warthog HOTAS.

Also be sure that your HUD is set as your SOI.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

From the Flight Manual (pg 389 in this copy).

Air-to-Air HUD

For air-to-air combat in the A-10C you can employ both the 30 mm cannon and the AIM-9M Sidewinder air-to-air missile with unique HUD symbology. Unlike NAV, GUNS, CCIP and CCRP which you access by cycling the Master Mode Button, you hold down the Master Mode Button to bring up the air-to-air HUD. The two primary, unique components of the air-to-air HUD include the gun funnel and the AIM-9 seeker reticle.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Use the Gun Cross for aerial engagements in the A-10C:

GaZPe6nHdz4&hd=1

Much easier :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

You almost blew it! :D

Lol aye was drivin' a squeaker there :megalol:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'