My Pit (version 2) and final ...

Swaty

... until I get a bigger home!:)

Construction is based on dimebug's plans and all these excellent tips I have read here from many people! It's far far away to be a A-10C replica!

Limitations were space (I have only 30-40 cm free from each side) and budget. There more to be done. I have to add the front switch panels (you see the holes) and maybe side consoles if I find a way to fit them. I will use opencockipts cards for these which I already own.

So, here is the front panel after cutting and first coat of color

index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=img&id=242&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=14

The monitors (1 X15'' and 2 X 8'') all VGA

index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=img&id=243&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=14

In place:

index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=img&id=256&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=14

Testing Helios profile (modified Loz profile):

index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=img&id=254&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=14

The Warthog base ( I use materials from the 15'' monitor base) doesn't look good but is pretty steady, at least for now :music_whistling:

index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=img&id=250&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=14

Here is the 50% of the room:)

index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=img&id=252&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=14

And in action:

Needs more work to look better, but for now it works and the v.flight feels good!!

Edited by Swaty

• ED Team

I think he means this

http://www.thebuttkicker.com/gaming/

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

After those months title went wrong, it's difficult to stay in a non-good pit, so I am working to a new version and a new idea!

I came up with an a idea to use the same hardware to built more than one pit using layers! It's WIP and works for front panels. (Dimensions can't be accurate)

At the moment I installed my 3 monitors (1 X 15" and 2 X 8") in the first layer.

On second (A-10 C) layer I installed MFDs and switches for 2 A-10C panels. It's removable and can be mounted on the main panel using 5 screws.

My next built will be a Ka-50 or P-51 layer cut in A-10 front panel main dimensions but it will be as close as it can be to those pits. Of course there is no way to be historically accurate but it will be close enough ( for my taste). Additionally, my small monitors is a problem and ABRIS or Shkval or other gauges will be placed in wrong positions but will be there! If someone will use bigger screens won't have this problem.

At the bottom line, you can have an acceptable main pit and in a couple of minutes you can use the same set up to have a second or third pit!

I will post images ASAP.

Next step!

I am using HELIOS ( Loz for A-10 and Gadroc for Ka-50 ) modified profiles.

• MDF panels will be replaced with new ones when I will be happy with the project.
  • Panels for A-10C are just place holders, not functional.
  • The bigger the monitors the best will be. Atm I am stack to these for financial reasons!:)

My occlusion so far is that only one of the pits (front panels) can be close to the real thing.

So, here is the back panel, the base:

index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=img&id=363&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=14

The A-10 (with cover MDF)

index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=img&id=362&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=14

and Ka-50 (Without cover MDF)

index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=img&id=364&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=14

Not very professional look:music_whistling: