Problem assigning buttons to some functions

PDXMike

I have been reading some posts about using the A-10C TGP and mavs to get multiple mavs off quickly. One of the suggestions was to assign the UFC Rocker up/down functions to joystick buttons.

I though I'd give this a try, so I didn't have to take my hand off the stick to move the mouse over to the UFC rocker... BUT

1st. I was going to use my Logictech G11 G keys, but apparently you (or at least I ) can't pass modifiers from the G keys to DCS. Say I assign LWIN+UP to G16. When I try to use it in game, it only passes the UP....

2nd. After deciding which buttons I was not using on my X52Pro, I tried to go into options, find the UFC Rocker UP / DOWN functions and click the joystick cell, then hit add. No joy! I click on the cell but the add button doesn't activate.

3rd. On the 2nd try there were not any key assignments for the UFC Rocker, and I sort of recall having a problem a few weeks ago not being able to assign joy buttons if there were no keys assigned. So I assigned keys to the UP/DOWN functions, then tried to assign joy buttons. Still NO JOY!

Are there some functions that even though they are listed, can't be assigned to buttons, or are there a maximum number of assignments you can make... OR???

This is DCS World with the 1.2 version of A-10C....

Regarding your first item. That should work. I pass modifiers from my G13 to DCS, including the Win keys.

The second item, may well be because that function was not included in the the available functions for a joystick (I don't recall). If that were the case, you will note that the cell in your joystick column is of a faded color (indicating that you cannot select it).

For the third item. If you assigned key commands (which is how I seem to recall doing that same thing) and then assign those key commands to joystick buttons, that should work as well. If the assignment in the SST software is correctly matching what you assigned in the sim then there is another issue.

This all makes me think that perhaps you have some corrupted controller config files in your Saved Games folder. If that is the case then the best solution is to delete the Config folder in C:\Users\<yourname>\Saved Games\DCS. The system will recreate them and it may fix the problem.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If you have more than one controller, you may have to scroll to the right to see the option for adding that control while in the DCS Controls setup page.

As for those G15 keys.. pfft. You are at the keyboard already, just use a keypress. Edit the control to a more simple press (you can trade the command with one you don't normally use). Make sure any key command you try is not conflicting.

Edited by JG14_Smil

As for those G15 keys.. pfft. You are at the keyboard already, just use a keypress. Edit the control to a more simple press (you can trade the command with one you don't normally use). Make sure any key command you try is not conflicting.

In my case, the G13 is compact (while providing 72 keys and a joystick ;)) and sits next to my throttle which allows me to dispense with the full sized keyboard. It is also easier than remapping the sim given that the keyboard lua has changed several times.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You might also try adding a short delay between the keystrokes on your GKey macros. I do not suggest recording delays, but instead add them in very short duration via the editor.

For example, L-Win down, 0.05 sec delay, UpArrow down, etc...

@cichlidfan..

I followed your suggestion and removed the files in question and restarted. I tried again to assign keys to the functions in DCS options (which works) , but I guess the dev's have disabled the joystick options for these two functions as they are dimmed.

I did get the G11 G keys working though, although it seems backwards to me. I had to set up the keys in DCS options, THEN go to the Logitech Gaming software and enter the same keys there. I could have sworn that I had tested this the other way around, by setting the key strokes up in LGS, then going to DCS options and selecting the key cell,hitting add, then just hitting the Gnn key that I had set up, and it would pass the key strokes to DCS...

I could have sworn that I had tested this the other way around, by setting the key strokes up in LGS, then going to DCS options and selecting the key cell,hitting add, then just hitting the Gnn key that I had set up, and it would pass the key strokes to DCS...

I have never tried to do it that way, since I am programming the G13 with keystrokes already programmed in the sim (for the most part). I have no idea what it would do.

Sounds like you are functional at this point though. Good deal.