Question about AI wingmen...

Hi Jason76,

AFAIK it's possible to land in close formation with your wingman, but it requires very precise approach. IMO it's much more easy with non AFM planes than with the Su25. You have to maintain descending slightly to the left on the glideslope and your touch down speed must be within limits. These limits aren't specified in the manual but depend on your weight and crosswind etc.

Hope it helps a little :o)

Jay

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, OC to 2,66 GHz), MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1,5 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM, GeForce 7800GS 256 MB VGA (G71, OC to 535/1550 MHz, ForceWare 84.21), 2 x 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD (RAID 0), SB Audigy 2 ZS, 480W Thermaltake PurePower TWV PSU, Win XP SP2, MS SideWinder Precision 2, Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, HP L1902

Hey Jay, I've been practicing a bit, and every landing gets better :) than the last...

The landings with the non-su25/su-25t are getting a lot smoother now. Haven't yet tried a landing with the su-25, but that's a lil further down my list of things to try in lock-on :D

These limits aren't specified in the manual but depend on your weight and crosswind etc.

When you are on glideslope try to maintain correct AOA, stay exactly on glideslope and hold it. So you will land with the appropriate speed - regardless which loadout/ fuel you carry with you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog :: Saitek Rudder :: Track IR5 ::

EVGA 3 GB GTX580 :: AMD FX-8120 :: SSD 240 GB :: Win7 Ultimate 64

When you are on glideslope try to maintain correct AOA, stay exactly on glideslope and hold it. So you will land with the appropriate speed - regardless which loadout/ fuel you carry with you.
Yes, it's usually correct procedure, but remember that some airbases in Lo-mac have not correct glideslope indications and you could smash your plane up if you trust your instruments too much ;-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, OC to 2,66 GHz), MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1,5 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM, GeForce 7800GS 256 MB VGA (G71, OC to 535/1550 MHz, ForceWare 84.21), 2 x 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD (RAID 0), SB Audigy 2 ZS, 480W Thermaltake PurePower TWV PSU, Win XP SP2, MS SideWinder Precision 2, Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, HP L1902

Is there a way to get "2" to land right after I land? It seems that after I land, my wingman seems to go off and fly around aimlessly. I've tried this with spacing (open, trail formation).

You could either try to land with him in formation ( just land on the left hand side of the runway, if you do good he will land in formation with you ) or you can give your wingman the "return to base" command, wich is in the "fly to" tab of the comms menu iirc.

Is there a way to get "2" to land right after I land? It seems that after I land, my wingman seems to go off and fly around aimlessly. I've tried this with spacing (open, trail formation).

I did already one landing with my AI wingman in close formation. I can’t remember how I have managed that but I told him anyway to fly close formation. Give him enough space on the right while landing.

It was pretty cool anyway.

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

I did already one landing with my AI wingman in close formation. I can’t remember how I have managed that but I told him anyway to fly close formation. Give him enough space on the right while landing.

It was pretty cool anyway.

Except that the AI doesn't have real flight model and when you are about to land with them they make a strange "jump"... looks a bit weird :icon_neut

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

I didn't know that. Do you have an (or some) examples for us?
Sorry everybody - my bad. I'm sure that was an issue, but now it seems to be fixed. I don't remember exactly which airbase it was, but it was one of the airstrips by the sea with shorter runway. If I was landing using instruments, gear touched down almost in the middle of the runway and I hadn't much space to stop my plane. That's why I wasn't using that runway much so I don't remember it's exact location. Now I tried all the relevant runways again and it didn't happen again.

Sorry again and enjoy Lock-on - the older the better :icon_jook

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]