Diveplanes (AWACS) Mod

OK

So all this does is you "flying" the US or Russian AWACS in a Su-25 cockpit?

No added value towards the Radar ?

I don't really see the point in the whole thing, but could be me of course.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

Diveplane when you say radar is AI controlled does the mean they just get the dome spinning? I would suspect we would be using the F10 key to locate enemy aircraft. Also I would hope that when FC3 comes in that having the awacs up will still extend the fighters radar picture.

no the radar is fully working = ai controlled only. if u noticed my screen shots youll see call outs to enemy aircraft

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/4720/hotap.jpg

no interaction whatsoever atm with radar =turning it off or on by player,

the ai radar engages once u take off from runway.

when u land the radar turns off.

Edited by diveplane

OK

So all this does is you "flying" the US or Russian AWACS in a Su-25 cockpit?

No added value towards the Radar ?

I don't really see the point in the whole thing, but could be me of course.

dont see the point to what?

see u never took time to read the thread and view the screenshots that provide the information.

radar does indeed fully operate inflight.

Edited by diveplane

DCS World AWACS Flyables Mod

uploaded to user files, will be available when ready

Thx i think this will be great extra with the arrival of FC3

Flanker, Flanker 2.0, Flanker 2.5, Lockon, FC1, FC2,FC3, BS1, BS2, A10C, CA and World

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Turning AWACS On/Off

Tested turning the AI AWACS on and off. It works quite effectively through flags by using condition-stop condition in the AWA (advanced waypoint action). Flying an A-10C, I set a cockpit argument to manipulate a given flag on and off. I then used the flag to control the AWACS AWA. Under "Start enroute task" - "AWACS", he can be ordered to turn on and off in this way. This suggests that anyone flying an A-10C, Ka-50, P-51D, or future clickable pit(s) can manipulate the AWACS radar if the mission designer sets it up in this way.

I realize that ideally, the pilot of the AWACS would want to be in control of this action as well. However, since the Su-25T cockpit is unclickable, the only way it can be done consistanly, is through the use of Slmod or (F10) options command in single player.

If needed, I can attach a couple of simple missions later to illustrate its use.

Diveplane. Great job on this mod. A couple of quick observations. Make sure you set your controls first otherwise the aircraft doesnt respond. Also the leading edge slats wont retract. Is there a button for this or is this an animation issue. Forgot how bad the basic flight model is.. Too bad we cant get the advanced one working in this. Hopefully DCS will think seriously about making this aircraft fully functional.

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
dont see the point to what?

see u never took time to read the thread and view the screenshots that provide the information.

radar does indeed fully operate inflight.

I think, like me, he was hoping to have a mod that not only let us fly it, but also let us have a radar screen or something similar to an actual combat controller.

Being able to actually fly it is still awesome though! Good work!

I think, like me, he was hoping to have a mod that not only let us fly it, but also let us have a radar screen or something similar to an actual combat controller.

Being able to actually fly it is still awesome though! Good work!

somthing that could be worked on at a later date,

for now its a basic human controlled awacs.

• 2 years later...