Someone please take a look at this mission...

RazorbackNL

... because I am not able to refuel and rearm. I don't know what I have done wrong. I use the airfield frequency but even with the cockpit door open I get no response from ATC or ground crew. The necessary vehicles for ground support are placed on the airfield.

I hope someone can please give some advise about altering the mission parameters.

Thanx.

Just Flight (A-10C, Ka-50, P-51D).miz

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

Alternatively, i believe you can select the aerodrome in the ME and select the coalition it belongs to. (RED, BLUE or NEUTRAL)

If you do this there is no need for units at an airfield, they are only needed at farps.

(and they have to be real units, not statics as Smil pointed out)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Just had a look.

The airfield is Neutral. It needs to be either Red or Blue to use the RE-arm and RE-fuel feature.

So that means the planes need to be on the same side.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have made some changes to the mission file but it still doesn't work. The support vehicles are all non-static now. The airbase either being neutral or blue or red, still no reply.

Can it have anything to do with the used airfield being a civilian one instead of military?

Attached is the adjusted mission file.

Just Flight (A-10C, Ka-50, P-51D).miz

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

I am completely lost here!

I have made a new mission file with both Russian and US forces and support vehicles at a neutral military airbase. The US communication is working now, but the Russian doesn't. Even when the airbase is Red, US comms are up but the Russian side still doesn't work.

I know it is possible how I want it because I did it before. Don't know how.

Just Flight 2(A-10C, Ka-50, P-51D, Su-25T).miz

Edited by Razorback[NL]

You can't have enemy coalitions (blue and red) occupy an airbase at the same time. A neutral airbase will automatically become occupied and switch to Blue or Red if there are Blue or Red coalition ground units in the airbase. Your mission is switching the airbase to Blue on startup and Red coalition units cannot contact Blue airbases.

You will need to redo your mission and put USA and Russia in the same coalition (ie Blue). Your comms will then work just fine whether you are flying for USA or Russia and you will still be able to use Russian skins on Russian aircraft.

Thanks for the reply, AlaskanGrizzly.

YOU NAILED IT!!!

It is working now. Both US and Russia are BLUE. Comms for both. Rearming and refueling work like a charm.

A big thanx to you (and to all who took the time to help me.)

Edited by Razorback[NL]

When you create a new mission, a screen pops up allowing you to change the allies of the map. You can not change it after the new map has been created.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

When you create a new mission, a screen pops up allowing you to change the allies of the map. You can not change it after the new map has been created.

Just to clarify. You actually need to use the 'File>New' button as opposed to just starting to place units, in order to see that screen.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Just to clarify. You actually need to use the 'File>New' button as opposed to just starting to place units, in order to see that screen.

My apologies should have been more clear :)

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612