Anyone seen missing F-16 engines from an Israeli airbase? Anyone?

Meatwod

Sorry, I needed a new hairdryer. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

A little overkill.

You sure?

profilepic58779_1.gif

Yes, that is actually me. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

My wife loves the long haired men.... SOooooo

Edited by VIKBELL

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Christmas time is around the corner, someone needed a lil extra cash.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I find it hard to believe that the metals in those engines would be easy to recycle. Aren't they specialized high temp alloys?

engines have a lot of precious metals

"The art of simulation design is about understanding limited fidelity...

...compromises must be made. Designers have to consider cost vs. fidelity and processor time vs. fidelity. Additional trade-offs must be made between graphics, AI, flight models, number of units and more...

...never ask the pilot what he wants to learn because he too will end up building an airplane. Instead, ask the pilot what he needs to learn."

-Gilman "Chopstick" Louie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhenium

Rhenium is by far the most expensive element by weight of any elemnt used for jet engine metals. The US government does not allow the resale of critical alloys due to limited supply available on the open market. It's useless to anyone except defense contractors. Of course a contractor will pay a premium to get it from wherever.

Most of the engine is either Nickel Alloy or Titanium, which is relatively cheap by comparison, but 2 tons of metal is still not chump change. The engine is far more valuable as an engine than scrap metal.

I also doubt someone would go through the hassle of lifting it out of a military base if they didn't have a use for it beyond raw materials. I'm thinking industrial espionage.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Industrial espionage? Newer heard about this.

who is that?

...compromises must be made. Designers have to consider cost vs. fidelity and processor time vs. fidelity. Additional trade-offs must be made between graphics, AI, flight models, number of units and more...

...never ask the pilot what he wants to learn because he too will end up building an airplane. Instead, ask the pilot what he needs to learn."

Industrial espionage? Newer heard about this.

I get it now, racism lol thats funny.