Flyable Helicopters Mod, DCSW 1.2.2

Unistalled and installed my entire DCS World and tried again, but still it won't work for me, Could it be something with the upgrade version of Blackshark? Any help would be appriciated, love the work you guys are doing.

-Edit, if i backtrack all the files, it fails on the aircraft gun mounts lua file. If i remove that the sim launches as normal.

Edited by vtsgoose

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unistalled and installed my entire DCS World and tried again, but still it won't work for me, Could it be something with the upgrade version of Blackshark? Any help would be appriciated, love the work you guys are doing.

-Edit, if i backtrack all the files, it fails on the aircraft gun mounts lua file. If i remove that the sim launches as normal.

as dcs world goes through major patches some files are being changed

try to use aircraft_gun_mounts.lua from the latest dcsw build, and

- change rate of fire in this section gun_mount_templates["M_230"] =

to rates = {620,620},

- or don't change rate of fire ingame (shift c) as it will result in crash

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo every one,

I am very new at this forums and to modding DCS in general.

I wanted to ask, if it is possible to have a Mi-24 flyable with Su-25T cockpit?

Because:

1. I don't have BS2

2. I think Su-25 cockpit is more suitable.

:)

Cheers

Any chance of a 1.24 version of this mods? Will love to fly the Hind and the Apache again.

Thanks.

The Flyable Helicopters Mods will work with the new bin and cockpit folder 1.1.2.4

you have to copy the bin and cockpit 1.1.2.4 to the your Flyable mod .

Hallo every one,

I am very new at this forums and to modding DCS in general.

I wanted to ask, if it is possible to have a Mi-24 flyable with Su-25T cockpit?

Because:

1. I don't have BS2

2. I think Su-25 cockpit is more suitable.

:)

Cheers

Install only ModMan 7.3 program,to the pure original LockOn2 without third-party mods!!!

Flight of the Mi-24 is on the airplane, and the necessary condition are flaps that will not go beyond the normal speed limit of 320-350km / h

It also will make a sharp turn typical flight dynamics of the Mi-24.

Keep the engine speed in the vicinity of 8500, leaving the full Power steering only when necessary.

BombGuns.ru

BomberMod_MI_24VPClear.rar

The Flyable Helicopters Mods will work with the new bin and cockpit folder 1.1.2.4

you have to copy the bin and cockpit 1.1.2.4 to the your Flyable mod .

Wondering can you tell us how to make flyable the choppers in 1.1.2.4? Specially the Hind the Apache and the Cobra. Will love to fly them!!

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Wondering If onces the Huey is out, will be possible to use its cockpit and gunners to activate the UH-60 Blackhawk...

I don't have Huey yet, i guess it wouldn't be a problem using the same logic

Wondering can you tell us how to make flyable the choppers in 1.1.2.4? Specially the Hind the Apache and the Cobra. Will love to fly them!!

It's all the same with a few minor changes, i will post a readme file with the instructions how to convert to 1.2.4

Updated first page with readme file for 1.2.4

instructions might look too long or difficult but this is the only way to eliminate conflicts and errors, ask if you have any questions

hi there, can you elaborate on what you did to make it? thanks

Hi Sammy,

I started with a copy of the Ka50 cockpit, I add the line "use_external_shape = true" to the mainpanel_init.lua, I found doing it this way allows all the cockpit switches to still function. Then I add 6dof views to the server.lua.

I'm only new to the DCS series but I found in order for Helo's such as the UH-60A, AH-1W, AH-64 and Mi-24V to take off and fly "as helicopters" I needed to comment out there entries in the "db_units_helicopters.lua".

If you require more info let me know and I'll give you a hand. In the mean time here's a screen of the Mi-24v cockpit.

thanks pal, good find, what parameters did you use to get cockpit for apache in server.lua? experimenting with values are taking too much time,

also now u can edit views straight from apacheA.lua inside the mod folder

just add this section

ViewSettings = {

Cockpit = {

[1] = {-- player slot 1

CockpitLocalPoint = {2.188000,-6.390000,-3.000000},

CameraViewAngleLimits = {20.000000,120.000000},

CameraAngleRestriction = {false,60.000000,0.400000},

CameraAngleLimits = {140.000000,-65.000000,90.000000},

EyePoint = {4.090000,-3.000000,-4.000000},

limits_6DOF = {x = {-0.020000,0.350000},y ={-0.150000,0.165000},z = {-0.170000,0.170000},roll = 90.000000},

},

}, -- Cockpit

Chase = {

LocalPoint = {-0.512000,2.790000,0.000000},

AnglesDefault = {180.000000,-8.000000},

}, -- Chase

Arcade = {

LocalPoint = {-16.812000,5.390000,0.000000},

AnglesDefault = {0.000000,-8.000000},

}, -- Arcade

},

Hi Sammy,

I'm only new to the DCS series but I found in order for Helo's such as the UH-60A, AH-1W, AH-64 and Mi-24V to take off and fly "as helicopters" I needed to comment out there entries in the "db_units_helicopters.lua".

what this exactly changes? didn't see any difference, thanks

I think that would be because I'm not using the name ApacheA, I'm using it's internal name AH-64A.

The UH-60A and other helo's work the same way, the OH-58 has an issue after the 1.2.4 update which I'll sort out eventually but so far all the helo's I've tried work fine.

Below is a shot of the UH-60A

Edited by aussieboy
Updated info