Flyable Helicopters Mod, DCSW 1.2.2

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be a mind reader monkie. ;)

I've received a few PM's over the last few days requesting them to be uploaded again so I've spent the last 4 hours getting them ready. I had to do them all again to remove all the extra bits I had in my personal versions.

Do you guy's want the standard UH-60A, or the UH-60A-ER? You can't have both unfortunately, the difference is that the ER takes weapon loads and looks really darn cool with mini-guns.:D

I posted a pic of the ER model in the screenshot forum, not sure if many here have even seen it before. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108988

I'll will upload them again very soon just waiting for a PM from another member so I can send them to him first for testing.

i would love to use this online i know there a f16 etc mod

that work's online

is there a way to like merge the weapon.lua or whatever it's called nd instead of over writing it just adding the stuff needed for the Apache maybe that would work online cause you're not deleting anything you're just adding the weapon's i suppose

for some reason my dcs wont run when i install the mod. but ill work that out latter cheer's

also did i download the latest version ? or is there another one you need upload ?

also there a missing step witch i think causeing me problems

2. Step 2:

2.1 Copy 2 folders inside STEP2 into DCSW intall directory, overwrite

Edited by Exeagle

Got the AH-1W and CH-47D flying, they fly great. I haven't tried the others yet.

Only issue and I don't know if there is any way to resolve this is the AH-1W armament is pretty much unusable. I am using the KA-50 cockpit and the SHKVAL does not line up with the HUD. If I lock up a target the TOWS don't seem to fire either. The 20MM goes crazy and swings around wildly if I turn the SHKVAL on. The Hydras fire as advertised but HUD does not show a proper aim point.

It's great to fly the choppers even if the weapons don't work, thanks for the effort.

EDIT:

I was able to get the TOW's to fire, not sure what I did differently, the SHKVAL locks on properly but the HUD does not mirror where the SHKVAL is pointing. Lots of fun either way.

Edited by monkie

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

The weapons should work fine, the only ones I haven't seen work are the Penguin's but they're on the ER model which I didn't release. Don't forget to turn on the master arm and laser range finder.

The 20mm worked too last report I had, let me just double check that my end, maybe I missed something because it should train on the target too.

Master Arm is on, Laser Range Finder is on, Arm the Cannon and it fires straight ahead. Once I turn the SHKVAL on the cannon starts to swing wildly back and forth. When I lock up a target the cannon points either to one side or the other and down and tracks nowhere near the target locked on the SHKVAL.

I'm able to fire the TOWs ok now but the laser seems to have a long cooling time before I can fire at another target.

EDIT: The AH64A has the same exact behavior with it's cannon. Also the weapons are not lined up on the pylons, they are both too far inboard. See attached picture.

Thanks for looking into it

AH64Abug.jpg.982c3d26c4cd145b11ad355851643c6f.jpg

Edited by monkie

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

• 1 month later...
are these working in 1.2.5?
Yes

Онлайн-MG:joystick:

"Страшнее Шилки зверя нет".

"ПИСДРУНС СС ПП".

"Носи ППК с молоду-любить будешь до старости".

"СА-Танки решают все!"

"- А мы, старшина, ни за первую и не за вторую… Мы – за третью. За эту… За как её?.. За Родину!"

__|77|________:::::: =}-

\~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~ NAVAL AVIATION FAN ~~~~~~~

Master Arm is on, Laser Range Finder is on, Arm the Cannon and it fires straight ahead. Once I turn the SHKVAL on the cannon starts to swing wildly back and forth. When I lock up a target the cannon points either to one side or the other and down and tracks nowhere near the target locked on the SHKVAL.

I'm able to fire the TOWs ok now but the laser seems to have a long cooling time before I can fire at another target.

EDIT: The AH64A has the same exact behavior with it's cannon. Also the weapons are not lined up on the pylons, they are both too far inboard. See attached picture.

Thanks for looking into it

Have the exact same problem. Any way to fix it?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Open the file GunTurret.lua found in DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\Devices_specs

Find the lines

limits_azimuth = {math.rad(-2.5),math.rad(9)}

limits_elevation = {math.rad(-37) ,math.rad(3.5)}

Change them to read

limits_azimuth = {math.rad(-110.0),math.rad(110.0)}

limits_elevation = {math.rad(-60.0) ,math.rad(11.0)}

That should fix the issue you're having

Everything seems to be working with 1.2.5 but I couldn't just re-copy the Mod Aircraft folders, I had to re-install each and every helicopter again from the start to make sure I didn't fubar something up that might have been fixed in the update.

Well worth the effort.

Lets try to solve this step by step. This time is the Hind as I can't found the mods for the american helicopters.

How can I erase the Hind cockpit you can see outside the Ka50 cockpit?

dcs2013-08-0814-04-07-95_zps583085ed.jpg

I changed this:

cockpit_local_point = {4.500, 0.10, 0.0}

For this:

cockpit_local_point = {fwd/back, up/down, left/right}

And I see this now:

dcs2013-08-0819-16-38-49_zpsed9e7336.jpg

You need to change the values cockpit_local_point = {4.500, 0.10, 0.0}

This part {fwd/back, up/down, left/right} is what each of the section do but you need to enter values

If I remember correctly the MI-24 has 3 hard points per wing as opposed to the KA-50 which has 2 and this makes the MI-24 pretty much unusable with regards to firing the ATGM's.

The only way I was able to get the MI-24 to fire ATGM's was to edit out the outboard pylons which eliminated 4 total ATGM's, not a very efficient fix.

• 2 weeks later...
If I remember correctly the MI-24 has 3 hard points per wing as opposed to the KA-50 which has 2 and this makes the MI-24 pretty much unusable with regards to firing the ATGM's.

The only way I was able to get the MI-24 to fire ATGM's was to edit out the outboard pylons which eliminated 4 total ATGM's, not a very efficient fix.

Even this will be nice. Currently I can't shoot any