Flyable Helicopters Mod, DCSW 1.2.2

hey aussie ..ya wouldn't happen to have a mi-28 version would ya?

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aussie...have you been able to get a "clean" pit for the havok?...by "clean" I mean no external cockpit frames showing through(like the apache has)I've tried all kinds of combos for the co-ords but always it stays the same.How is it the apache co-ords can clear the frame but not the havoc's??Any ideas?

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

aussie...have you been able to get a "clean" pit for the havok?...by "clean" I mean no external cockpit frames showing through(like the apache has)I've tried all kinds of combos for the co-ords but always it stays the same.How is it the apache co-ords can clear the frame but not the havoc's??Any ideas?

To use the Ka50 pit in the Havoc you need to use the below co-ords in the mainpanel_init.lua.

cockpit_local_point = {2.7, 0.8, 0.0}

Also rotate the HUD down:

rotation = math.rad(6.5)

Below is screen of the Havoc with and without the Ka50 pit. You may want to tweak it a little for a better view.

Note: Check the half invisible wiper blade in the first screen, that can be fixed by adjusting the Z_test - clip lanes settings.

Here's the flyable US AI helo's for DCSW v1.2.4.12179:

Included:

AH-1W

AH-64A

AH-64D

OH-58D

CH-47D

UH-60A

Please read the readme.txt included in the .zip for installation instructions.

For the AH-64A and D, and AH-1W you have a choice, I’ve included both the Pilot and Co-pilot’s views or you can use the standard Ka50 cockpit. Russian helo's to come within the next few days.

Edited by aussieboy

Some have reported not being able to fly the AH-1W. Please replace the AH-1W's entry.lua with the one attached below.

Also, to prevent the AH-1W, UH-60A from tipping over when trying to take-off you need to change the collision shell in ah-1w.lods to match that of the Ka50.

Example: Ah-1W - Change the red highlighted text to read ka-50-collision.edm

model = {

lods = {

{"ah-1w.edm",100.000000},

{"ah-1w_lod1.edm",200.000000},

{"ah-1w_lod2.edm",500.000000},

{"ah-1w_lod3.edm",1000.000000},

{"ah-1w_lod4.edm",5000.000000},

{"ld_tec.edm",50000.000000},

},

collision_shell = "ah-1w-collision.edm",

}

Do the same for the file uh-60a.lods which will also prevent it from tipping and allows it to taxi.

link?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I see... nice model anyway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

This model is free for FSX, but after converted to dcs, released it will have much trouble.

This is just a test of my own

i think he is japanese but you should ask permission to convert to dcs or ask him to do himself, yeah nice model :thumbup:

sign-pic4.jpg

I tried to contact the author, but he did not use the email address stated in the "read me" of the "Kamov Ka-52 Alligator" mod( since 2004)

it is an unfinished mod ,it is little animation.

authors do not make the rules required when using

he said: I have pride that the make of the model is good.

Please enjoy flying with my aircraft.

but the community of modelers to FSX will not accept for us to use.:music_whistling:

This is some Awesome work you did Aussie :) One issue I cant seem to get around being so new at all is; is I cant cant get the Ka50 pit off from the CH-47..it has it in the cargo area lol..I took the Mainpanel init and placed it in the correct folder as per the readme instructions...not sure whats going on there...aswell with the OH-58, I used missles and the gun from the editor but could not get them to fire at all. Please help :)

-Eric