Trouble with controls....

jon157uk

Hello guys, can anyone suggest something to help me set up my BS 2 controls please?

I've tried all kinds of settings including the default ones but I'm getting nowhere fast, everytime I enter the game my KA-50 just shoots up in to the air spinning round and round in a circle. Also I don't seem to have any control what so ever over the throttle, not even through keyboard command. I can configure the buttons on my stick OK but the throttle just will not work. This problem is there whether I play in 'sim' or 'game' mode.

I've only just bought this version and so far it looks exactly the same as the first version to me and it's just as damn difficult to play (I uninstalled version 1 because I got bored with not being able to work anything out).

I'm on Black Shark 2, 1.1.1.1

Thanks......

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

hope that helps.

Also your collective is practically your throttle as in it controls your if you go up and down, there is a throttle too, but your suppose to leave it on the auto setting.

As for the spinning, its possible the game assigned your throttle to the pedals instead of the collective, it did that for me.

And youll need to keep BS1 installed for DCS world

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

hope that helps.

Also your collective is practically your throttle as in it controls your if you go up and down, there is a throttle too, but your suppose to leave it on the auto setting.

As for the spinning, its possible the game assigned your throttle to the pedals instead of the collective, it did that for me.

And youll need to keep BS1 installed for DCS world

Keeping BS 1 installed isn't an option I'm affraid, I gave it away over two years ago because I got fed up of not being able to make it work. I bought BS 2 as the full download version hoping that they would have made things a little easier to understand by us 'idiots' but it seems you still have to read book after book after book of instructions before you can play anything.

Thanks for the help karambiatos

I've experienced similar things in the past. Your first port of call needs to be the AXIS section of the Ka-50 (Real) or Ka-50 (Game) controls menu. Once you're in there, make sure EVERYTHING is unassigned for all of the listed controllers. Once you've done that, you can be assured that no devices are conflicting.

Finally, you just need to assign the desired axes to the desired controller. The simplest way to do this is to double-click the relevant assignment box and then move desired axis repeatedly until it registers (you usually have to move the axis fully forward and fully backwards for this to happen).

Hopefully this should resolve your problems.

As for the sim, the Ka-50 is a VERY complex aircraft and just learning to fly straight takes a lot of practice, but it's enormously rewarding once you start to get a feel for it. Good luck and stick with it!

:pilotfly:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Follow Pizzicatos advise (this will may help: Controller Setting info from GUI manual )

and have also a look here:

So here comes my "standard Ka-50 newbie reply" wink.gif:

First download Bigfoots interactive training missions

>>> KA-50 Black Shark 2 Training missions

Read also besides the manual this:

DCS: Black Shark...

Technical, Simplified

-Coaxial Rotor Aerodynamics

-Trimming the Ka-50 Black Shark <<<!!!! very important to understand this fully!

-Part 1 - Autopilot <<<this too!

-Part 2 - Autopilot

and when you are confident about your cyclic-trim,

you wan to read about your rotor-pitch trim:

Is it even possible to maintain speed and/or altitude?

And when you still have time , read this too:

A Stick and Rudder Man's Guide

to DCS: Black Shark

Here is a useful tweak if you using real rudders:

How to unchain the rudder from trim - solution

Things you want to have some day too:

KA-50 collective: another picture-tale

Two MS FFB2 with Cougar Grip

Welcome aboard!

Thank you very much for the help and advice guys, I'm not a big fan of reading and reading and reading.......

That may be why I've never had any success with this game!....haha

I'm re-downloading and doing a fresh install of both DCS World and BS 2, I'll follow your advice and try some more, this looks a great game but I've never yet managed to get it to run right.

You can find a simple key set-up for my X52 here:

http://http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=99241

As they say... the sim is very greatfull once you have the hang of it. There´s plenty of videos on youtube regarding flight and more for BS. If you dont fancy reading, watch a vid ;)

Do practise alot once everything works. I just got back to it after a 3 month break and it took me a bit to get used to it again.

Care,

Red...out

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]