F15C EID Cue...

GGT, I've been searching too ... remember someone (I think WAGs) hinted at the 15s IFF symbology - perhaps he's a good bet.

I've scanned loads of videos of 15 HUDs and have noticed a small triangle attached to the target box in a RL 15 that isn't in LO ... could this be it? The problem is I think the HUD has evovled ... the 15E being very different.

I would have thought (and it is just a guess) that all US planes would have a a consistent methid of showing IFF info on the HUD ... there's no reason not to ... so if we can get ANY HUD shot from a US fighter it may given a good indication of what the 15 has.

IFF is such a pain in the 15, once the target is locked ... you have no way (that I'm aware of) of telling friend from foe ... this has got to be wrong!

This is the reason in our missions, same type of plane arent on the same team. That way you can look at the aircraft ID and tell if F/F.

I have had a few people get pretty pissed not having any plane they want on any side.

Those people probably would end up TKin too, and then wonder why there is no IFF........ ugh.

Check this: http://www.hec.afrl.af.mil/Publications/3689_08.pdf

It seems to be for a HMTD system in development, but there is a diagram of the symbology used. Appears to be 2 circles?

I would suggest that the majority of servers have all types on all sides US+Ukraine v Israel+Russia ... and yep, it is a pain - hardly realistic.

However, I would also say that the number of friendly shootdowns is quite low, people are quite careful, probably given the slating people get when they do! But most of us have done it ... I certainly have :(

• ED Team

Unless you are doing this for your own edification, there is no need. Eagle already has all the needed data; it's just a matter of time, resources and priorities as to when something like this would be implemented.

-Matt

Unless you are doing this for your own edification, there is no need. Eagle already has all the needed data; it's just a matter of time, resources and priorities as to when something like this would be implemented.

-Matt

Good to know Matt, thanks.

Wouldn't mind seeing the guncam of the F-15J that accidently shot down his own wingman who was acting as an enemy with an AIM-9L in a training dogfight with live weapons.
Training with Live weapons, now that's pretty bold (read: stupid).

I would like to hear the voice com from that exercise.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5