Help! FC3 Installer does not see Lockon, so won't install

Bahger

I installed DCSW then LOMAC (bought as a download specifically for this purpose, i.e. to get FC3 installed in DCSW). Was I supposed to install DCSW and Lockon in the opposite order (i.e. Lockon first)?

When I try to run the FC3 installer I get an error message saying I need to have Lockon 1.0 "installed and activated"; it is, I can even start it up and play it.

This is frustrating. Help appreciated.

Did you try uninstalling both n reinstalling in a different order? Lockon first then dcs world and then fc3

I dont see how the order would be an issue in this case.

Also after installing dcs world make sure u do the auto update then instal fc3

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

If you bought it (lockon) as a download, did you get any way of activating it?

I don't think that I had to activate it when installing from dvd?

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

Updated DCSW to 1.2.2.7570, still no luck with getting the FC3 installer to see Lockon.

This is galling. I've spent hours trying to get this to work and have even re-bought a product I have no intention to use in order to do so.

Can anyone help me?

If you bought it (lockon) as a download, did you get any way of activating it?

I don't think that I had to activate it when installing from dvd?

When I try to run the registration program it ultimately tell me I'm not connected to the Internet. Grr.

I might be able to find my old LOMAC disk; would that help?

I had DCSW and A10C installed prior to downloading LOMAC and installing it. I then registered and ran LOMAC to make sure it was in the registry properly. I was able to install FC3 without any problems.

What is your OS and are you able to register and run LOMAC?

Hobo, I can run LOMAC but registration fails when the ancient registration utility tells me I'm not connected to the Internet (although obviously I am...)

Win Vista 64x.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled LOMAC/DCSW in the opposite order and FC3 still won't reciognise LOMAC. I'm not happy.

How does the autoupdate work? I've reverted to an earlier version of DCSW, hoping to solve my problem -- it didn't -- and now I run dcs_updater.exe but it does not appear to be updating DCSW.

I know this is not ED's fault -- because of LOMAC being a Ubisoft IP -- but I have not had to do a useless dance like this with any PC software in a long while. I'll need to get my money back for FC3 if ED cannot help me.

Hold on there Bagher,

Take it easy, put it aside. We'll get you an answer. The devs are on holidays right at the moment but they ought to be back in a few days. You're not going to be left hanging. Just don't stress over it. It'll get taken care of.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Thanks, GGTharos, you've always been great and I appreciate you dropping by.

I've been looking forward to flying the enhanced Eagle in DCSW and to designing many missions in which both the A-10C and the F-15E are flyable. That's why I spent the $40 on FC3 and the $10 on LOCKON. It'll be worth every penny once we get it worked out; thanks again.

No problem. :) I have also moved the thread in the correct place. I've pinged EtherealN, maybe he'll know something about this.

Regarding the autoupdater, what's going on there? Are you seeing an old version and the updater is saying you're up to date? How did you revert your version?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Thanks Kunz, I have found the relevant posts.

Bagher, look at details within both posts here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1604965&postcount=18

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1605024&postcount=27

If you are not comfortable using regedit let me know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah! That registry solution looks promising. I'm afraid I do not have the technical know-how to follow c0ff's directions though, sorry. I always back up my registry but I do not know how to make these changes.

Re autoupdater, it's stuck at the reverted version, which I accomplished via a batch file supplied on these boards. I'm not sure how to reverse this, as it does not update automatically, nor when I run the update executable inside the install folder.

Thanks again, I know I'll get all this sorted somehow.

Edited by Bahger

I did it... I think. Went into regedit and followed C0ff's instructions very carefully. However, because I rolled back the DCSW install and cannot get it to update, I will need to uninstall DCSW and reinstall yet again in order to get the most updated version that will accept FC3. Here goes.

EDIT: Yes! First time I've messed with regedit and lived to tell the tale. Now all I have to do is install the F-15 training missions and set up a CH profile for the eagle. Thanks for your help, guys and I hope this thread will be useful for others who have this problem, i.e. a LOMAC install that does not create registry entries, thereby preventing FC3 from installing.

GGtharos: I owe you a beer. Kunz too.

Edited by Bahger

I am glad some people managed to get the problem with no recognition of Lomac solved. Unfortunately, I have tried the suggested solutions and have had no luck. I recently purchased BS2 and A10C modules and they work flawlessly. I am very impressed with the skill of the developers.

However, the FC3 module does not recognize either my CD version of Lomac or my digital download version. To make matters more frustrating the response time on a problem ticket is terrible. Obnoxiously, the email says the ticket will be addessed in 48 hours. Mine is going on two weeks.

Very poor service and if the product was not so good I would be super P.O.'d about the bad customer service (I just spent about 200 US dollars to get no help on my ticket) Holiday excuse is not a real excuse-If you sell something that won't work you should address the problem or at least respond. I hope someone will eventually get around to responding to my ticket but am not holding my breath. Thanks to guys on fourm trying to help though.

Believe it or not, they do try to keep it within 48 hours - as for holidays, they're a small company and when there's no one manning the desk, there's no one manning the desk ... I can see on-call support for critical things, but not for a game. Anyway, could you post your OS type to begin with? Also, what error do you get etc?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GGTharos, First, I think they had no trouble accepting money during the holidays so in my opinion they should support. But if you don't think so thats up to you and I respect that. Acting as if one should only complain about "critical" things just avoids the issue of poor support in my opinion.

Back to real issue, I submitted my specs with support ticket but since you have been nice enough to address my problem I have Vista 64 operating system in excess of recommended system specs. Error is when I try to install FC3 it says it does not recognize my Lock On. I don't pretend to be computer expert by the way so fixing this is a problem. Thanks.

Edited by Deekon13

Guys I'm new to entire dcs sim but I'm trying to understand why is it that a FC3 is a module for a DCS World but still requires a sim from 2003 is there a walk around it?

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

Guys I'm new to entire dcs sim but I'm trying to understand why is it that a FC3 is a module for a DCS World but still requires a sim from 2003 is there a walk around it?

This is for legal issues.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.