Radio Menu key "\" doesn't work-no commands show.

Tempest

Just fired up the BS2 sim -after being away from it for about a week and my "\" Radio Menu doesn't show. Nothing-no ATC, Wingman, or ground commands-on the ground and in the air when I press the "\".

Is this a bug?

I did a search and saw some strings regarding modifying the keyboard.lua. But that didn't work for me.

I'm flying BS2 with the latest patch. Sim is installed as a standalone.

Options is set to easy communications.

Haven't modified anything really except skins.

Just fired up the BS2 sim -after being away from it for about a week and my "\" Radio Menu doesn't show. Nothing-no ATC, Wingman, or ground commands-on the ground and in the air when I press the "\".

Is this a bug?

I did a search and saw some strings regarding modifying the keyboard.lua. But that didn't work for me.

I'm flying BS2 with the latest patch. Sim is installed as a standalone.

Options is set to easy communications.

Haven't modified anything really except skins.

The mapping got changed fairly recently. You'll need to use RALT+\ to bring up the menu.

Not clear on why it changed or what value it brings, though. Maybe someone can help clear that up for me. I'm probably missing something really obvious.

Note: You'll also need to pay attention to radio frequencies now (along with your switch setting if you want to talk to your ground crew).

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

This key does only work on the US-Layout. If you have a different keyboard or a different input-language selected, they key does not respond.

(DCS does not correspond to the String "/", but to the actuall Raw-Input)

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Thanks - I read all the strings on this. And they mentioned what you wrote Pizzicato. How could that happen the change? Been playing this for 2 months then boom. I haven't upgraded my standalone BS2 since I downloaded it in Dec 2012 and it's not in the DCS World. :joystick:

Weird.

I have a US Layout.

So how does something change when you don't add a patch?

Edited by Tempest

Same problem here - I get a comms menu when I'm on the ground, but as soon as I take off, the \ key does nothing.

As I said, you need to use RALT+\, not just \. I appreciate that it's confusing that \ works on the ground for certain functions, but RALT+\ is actually the right combination to use.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Same here. Works once, but after that iot's inop.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

• 1 year later...

I don't mean to bump an ancient thread, but I'm having basically the same problem. Except mine is worse. I can't get any communication menu to display anywhere (on the ground or in the air)

rALT-\ does nothing, remapping it does nothing. I deleted the keyboard.diff LUA file for my respective aircraft. nothing. I just don't have the comms menu in any situation.

It's not my war!

I don't mean to bump an ancient thread, but I'm having basically the same problem. Except mine is worse. I can't get any communication menu to display anywhere (on the ground or in the air)

rALT-\ does nothing, remapping it does nothing. I deleted the keyboard.diff LUA file for my respective aircraft. nothing. I just don't have the comms menu in any situation.

try and run a repair on the DCS.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||