Servman 3 Non-Official

How to integrate Servman in Lock On.Flaming Cliffs 2.v 1.2.1

Does you installation contain a 'main.lua' file somewhere? If yes, can u attach it in your reply?

I don't own Flaming Cliffs 2 and the game Lock On that i have makes use of .dll files. Perhaps the FC2 extension brings in this main.lua file in the installation.

Servman was designed during the stand alone versions of DCS A-10C and DCS Black Shark which where published with open .lua files on not .dll files. Ubisoft doesn't want tampering and Eagle Dynamics had open arms towards the modding community in which spirit Servman was created. I could be wrong though when do have a main.lua file in the installation you have right there and the FC2 product is different from the original Lock On.

Edited by BRooDJeRo

How to integrate Servman in Lock On.Flaming Cliffs 2.v 1.2.1

Use the older version that was made for FC2. I'm not 100% sure what all changed between then and now with regard to the net lua environment, so its probably the safer option. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=53732&highlight=servman

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Nice, i wasn't aware the older version had support for FC2.

The Servman presented here is the 3.0.1 RC version with only using the main.lua from DCS World current latest live build with the following code from the original 3.0.1 RC added at the bottom of said main.lua file.

function loadaddon(filename, newenv)

local addn = string.upper(string.gsub(filename, "/[%w_.-]*", ": "))

net.log(addn.."Check to see if Addon is Available: "..filename)

local chunk, err1 = loadfile("Scripts/Addons/"..filename) -- loads and compiles the chunk

if chunk then

net.log(addn.."Addon loaded: "..filename)

if newenv then

net.log(addn.."Setting Addon Environment")

setfenv(chunk, newenv)

end

net.log(addn.."Checking the Addon in a protected environment")

local chunkref, err2 = assert(pcall(chunk))

if not err2 then

return chunkref, nil

else

net.log(addn.."Protected call failed with error: "..tostring(err2))

return nil, nil

end

else

err1 = "ADDON SKIPPED: Couldn't be loaded: "..tostring(err1)

net.log(addn..err1)

return nil, err1

end

end

scriptenv = {}

mainserverenv = getfenv(0)

merge(scriptenv, mainserverenv)

local addonref = loadaddon("ServMan3/servman_server.lua",scriptenv)

mainserverenv = nil

scriptenv.mainserverenv = nil

Edited by BRooDJeRo

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just make sure to mention you are using servman and include any modifications you made to it if reporting bugs :)

yeah sith and the others know VA well.

They already have the mods that we use with the modifications made to it

:)

Pman

• 1 month later...

I have problem with the "pause on load" and the mission pause function in ServMan. The server does not set the mission to pause when all players leave. It seams ED have changed the pause function so ServMan don't work with this feature. Anyone solved this?

EDIT: My bad. This works as it should. I missed one line after last update!

Edited by HiJack

• 2 months later...

Hi! Something does not work now in 1.2.8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

АКА =TMS= Count _ Полеты на = T M S = dedicate server На точке работает РП (РП+РПП)

Набор вирпилов на вертикальную, штурмовую и истребительную авиацию со времен ВОВ и по настоящее время

Комсостав и инструкторы - летавшие в горячих точках (и не только) и действующие летчики.

Extreme version of DCS and extreme servman. When replacing main.lua DCS during the pause, servman not start. Settings DCS replaced with the defaults. Before 1.2.7 had no problems.

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

АКА =TMS= Count _ Полеты на = T M S = dedicate server На точке работает РП (РП+РПП)

Набор вирпилов на вертикальную, штурмовую и истребительную авиацию со времен ВОВ и по настоящее время

Комсостав и инструкторы - летавшие в горячих точках (и не только) и действующие летчики.

• 3 weeks later...

1.2.8 fix

I had some trouble getting it to work in 1.2.8 I never found an updated Servman. I was able to modify the main.lua to get it fixed. Here it is for anyone else having the same problem.

Replace the old main.lua in DCS World/Scripts/Net

main.lua

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: :joystick: :pilotfly:

AMD FX8350 8 core @ Stock Clock

G. Skill X Series 32GB (4x 8GB) @ 2200Mhz OC

GTX 1070 8GB

Corsair H110 Liquid Cooler

• 5 months later...

The 104th have recently been using ServMan on our dedicated server running 1.2.10 and have been very impressed with its performance!

We had some issues with another admin tool when trying to host over 35 clients, however when we made the switch to ServMan everything ran much more stable, even right up to 50 clients!

We love the features and the ease at which we can make changes and have them instantly uploaded to the server config!

We hope it continues to be supported as more updates come out as we'd be sad to lose it!

Thanks for all the hard work!

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi!

How are things at work servman for 1.5 x and 2.0 I haven't checked yet, no time

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]