Looking for someone to play DCS A-10c With

Markk

Hey Guys i'm Mark,

I'm looking for someone to play DCS A-10 With, I've only just got it today so i'm looking for someone of a similar level or someone willing to take me under their wing so to say. I've been watching alot of video's and tutorials so I know how to do some procedures already but only very basic. I'm 16, English and I want to join the RAF when i'm Older.

Feel free to add me on Steam my name is MarkDayZ, I also have a TS/Mumble/Skype so we are able to chat vocally.

Thanks for reading,

~ Mark

So am I but i didn't getit through steam so i don't think we can.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Hey Guys i'm Mark,

I'm looking for someone to play DCS A-10 With, I've only just got it today so i'm looking for someone of a similar level or someone willing to take me under their wing so to say. I've been watching alot of video's and tutorials so I know how to do some procedures already but only very basic. I'm 16, English and I want to join the RAF when i'm Older.

Feel free to add me on Steam my name is MarkDayZ, I also have a TS/Mumble/Skype so we are able to chat vocally.

Thanks for reading,

~ Mark

Great choice for a career Mark.

I spent 14 years in the RAF from 85 until 99, loved every minute of it. If I were your age, I would do it all again.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Great choice for a career Mark.

I spent 14 years in the RAF from 85 until 99, loved every minute of it. If I were your age, I would do it all again.

That's great, really makes me want to push and work hard towards this goal of mine, Thank you for the encouragement!

Just wondering but did you continue your career in aviation after your time in the RAF was over? Whatever the outcome what did you go on to do after you had left the RAF?

Thanks,

~ Mark

So am I but i didn't getit through steam so i don't think we can.

I believe we can still play multiplayer together but we will just have to communicate a different way!

I have sent you a PM which contains my skype Username, please feel free to add it

~ Mark

That's great, really makes me want to push and work hard towards this goal of mine, Thank you for the encouragement!

Just wondering but did you continue your career in aviation after your time in the RAF was over? Whatever the outcome what did you go on to do after you had left the RAF?

Thanks,

~ Mark

I believe we can still play multiplayer together but we will just have to communicate a different way!

I have sent you a PM which contains my skype Username, please feel free to add it

~ Mark

You really should convert it to the DCS version. Its free and will allow you keep the Steam version but give you all the compatiblity of DCS World and all its modules. Once you do that anyone that has any DCS Madule can play online with you.

Thanks,

~ Mark

~ Mark

I had the oportunity and was offered jobs in civvy aviation, my trade was Propulsion (aircraft engines) but I went down another route and ended up testing engines for road vehicles on test beds which I still do, and worked in F1 for a while (hard work and long hours).

Looking back on it all I wish I had took the aviation route when I left but hey, hindsight and all that.

If you have goals and work to acheive them you will go far in the RAF. Its a good life, and nothing comes close to it in "civvy street"

I haven't lost the aircraft bug totally though, I have a little microlight I fly for fun......and of course DCS A-10!!!! :joystick:

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I second just installing from the DCS website, DCS world and the modules. If you have track Ir I can give you my profile for that. Also, I use saitek x52 pro and have a functional profile for that too if you need.

I'm not an expert but I've just been practicing and going through Dragon's training for Jtac. I have steam but I don't have the game on there I got it from DCS.

I too wanted to be a airforce pilot when I was graduating highschool but they said I was too tall and my vision was not 20/20. After I got a job offer for a development job here, I've just been using this sim to fulfill that :)

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Doesn't really matter where you bought it. All you would need to do is download DCS World and the A-10C module from the DCS website and use the key from Steam to activate the module. I know several people that have done it this way and haven't heard of issues. I know Steam versions of games don't always play nicely with retail versions but this isn't one of them. Doesn't matter for voice comms either as that is independent of whatever game you're running.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not the fall that gets you. It's the Godawful sudden stop at the end.

I second just installing from the DCS website, DCS world and the modules. If you have track Ir I can give you my profile for that. Also, I use saitek x52 pro and have a functional profile for that too if you need.

I'm not an expert but I've just been practicing and going through Dragon's training for Jtac. I have steam but I don't have the game on there I got it from DCS.

I too wanted to be a airforce pilot when I was graduating highschool but they said I was too tall and my vision was not 20/20. After I got a job offer for a development job here, I've just been using this sim to fulfill that :)

Selyan

To tall lolthat reminds me of the one liner in "W were soldiers" To tall Sir you call we haul.

How are you finding the X52pro, i have finally got my head round programing took me a while tried every available profile none of which really worked properly unsure as to why, so made my own from scratch and now i have full fuctionality.

Using just about every function through the X52pro, i am surprised no one has done a tutorial on how to program it as it really is childs play.

System Spec.

Cheers for the PM Mark i'll get on that just got a result today though got the whole A10c flight manual printed up in colour for 0.04p per sheet all 671 pages due to a miss understanding between the manager and his young assistant lol.

System Spec.

Selyan

To tall lolthat reminds me of the one liner in "W were soldiers" To tall Sir you call we haul.

How are you finding the X52pro, i have finally got my head round programing took me a while tried every available profile none of which really worked properly unsure as to why, so made my own from scratch and now i have full fuctionality.

Using just about every function through the X52pro, i am surprised no one has done a tutorial on how to program it as it really is childs play.

Yeah i could have worked on the A-10 systems though. I find the X-52 Pro to be a great stick. Only part that sucks is setting it up everytime I want to play..plugging in all the cables, yeah I can be lazy.

What I did was download a modded profile off of JackBauer. I cleared all the controls in the sim options menu. Loaded the lua and then exited the game and placed the .pro file inside the Saitek controller folder. So I load the profiler and click my profile and when I launch the game it works fine.

I didn't have time to program my own. You should download World and the module and we could probably run through a Jtac training mission. Although, I have a crappy headset I could use that. There are plenty of missions you can download and use in this sim so as long as you are game to learn, you should get the hang of it pretty soon.

I second just installing from the DCS website, DCS world and the modules. If you have track Ir I can give you my profile for that.

I would like to try your Trackir profile if you wouldn't mind sending it.

I've been trying different profiles and haven't been able to find the excact one I like as yet.

I would like to try your Trackir profile if you wouldn't mind sending it.

I've been trying different profiles and haven't been able to find the excact one I like as yet.

Here you go I have attached it. Oh and that squadron? I think they are for Falcon BMS not A10C. I didn't see anything about the A10 on there.

A10.zip

Edited by selayan

Selyan

I have DCS World already, just got my trackir 5 pro bundle to lovin that better than ftnoir.

System Spec.

Selyan

I have DCS World already, just got my trackir 5 pro bundle to lovin that better than ftnoir.

Makes a world of difference doesn't it? That is the reason I had this game for a year and never played it until now. That profile I attached is from Fish, he has many of them and plenty good Youtube videos around.

Now if I could just get better at Mk82's and CBU/GBU's I always miss :/

Now if I could just get better at Mk82's and CBU/GBU's I always miss :/

For the Mk82, study this: 476th vFG, 76th vFS "Battle Book". It isn't exactly easy, but it is the way it's done and it helped me a lot!

There is nothing that beats the satisfaction of an unguided delivery done right.

Back on topic: Mark, I'd fly with you as well, but like people said before, get DCS World and the A-10C module first. Your serial number from the Steam version will also work with this and you can have everything installed at the same time without conflicts.

Shoot me a PM for mission planning :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

Here you go I have attached it. QUOTE]

Thanks mate.....I'll give it a go.

I would be up for a flight with you guy's sometime as well.

I've only been on line a couple of times so still in the learning curve. I've just got a headset and got that set up yesterday with Teamspeak, although not used it in earnest yet. Tried to get on the 74th's PUMA last night but they were having a Sqn members only night. May look at joining them sometime in the future...if they would have me!!!, but meanwhile I'm building up my hours in the seat.

Just got two 8" Lilliput screens today to fit to the TM Cougars so will probably get that set up over the comming weekend sometime, then it's game on!!!

I wonder if I can use my crappy headset, non usb just the analog mic and audio in plugs lol. Doesn't have a mute button though. I haven't used teamspeak either. I mostly can fly on weekends due to work but I'm going to check out the Hoggit site too.