P-51D vs land armour

AVZ

Is the P-51D capable of eliminating ANY type of overland armour (up to a T-90 and/or an M1A2, whereby one bomb equals to one kill)? Are the HVAR's as effective on maximum armoured tanks, and, are the six guns any good against tanks too (well, at least, could you eliminate a T-72, by firing at its rear, where there is less armour?)?

I am basically working on a mission at the moment and am stuck as to how far I can go in regards to targets for Mustang's.

Hmmm.. I reckon it's only effective against APC's and lighter armored vehicles. tanks? Naaah....

But that's just me. It is suicidal to even think of coming up on a tank with that pony. Use the Hog instead, and churn some tank meat with tusks of 30 mike mike baby!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I'd imagine a well planted 500lb bomb would ruin most vehicles day. Hvars of the type on the P51 might not be effective against modern armour but I'm open to correction. They could work against WWII tanks though. Fifty cals against a tank (any aspect) is pointless.

The P-51D is basically only effective with its .50's against lightly armored vehicles up until about the BMP-2 class. Past that, the HVAR 5" rockets will take down most light armor (think things in the SPG/BMP-3 class). The bombs are really only effective against more heavily armored vehicles given a DIRECT hit. Otherwise, I wouldn't count your chickens.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Me and a friend killed an M1A tank with guns... It was damaged a bit but with each pass we got little by little its life away :D We used all ammo on it.

P51... tank destroyer... like in the movies.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least