originality/suggestions

hello all

when 1.2 is finished and "tank killers" is started what aircraft is it going to fielded, ive heard A10,Su25,F16 ????? what other types are there going to be, can i suggest a MIG 27 and the Sepecat Jaguar aircraft both similar in the role they undertake, also it would appeal too they russian community (i think) as they are both strike/cas orientated and very original as no one to my knowledge has made a combat simulator depicting these, as flight simulators these days seem to be depicting the same flyable aircraft over and over again

cheers

moonbeast

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
F-111F. :icon_supe

you do know there ia a vark mod made by alfa that is available, but its ai only if i remember.

f111 is the uber of uberest of aircraft, and its even got airconditioned ejection. thats what you call eject in style.

Sure, when every other fighter gets AFM.

LockOn Flankers look like old forgotten toys now. They have got the worst 3D-models (even some bombs have more polygons, I believe), and no hope for AFM or any major update in a decade or so (like, probably never). Is that fair to an aircraft that made ED a success some 10 years ago? :D :icon_jook

LockOn Flankers look like old forgotten toys now. They have got the worst 3D-models (even some bombs have more polygons, I believe), and no hope for AFM or any major update in a decade or so (like, probably never). Is that fair to an aircraft that made ED a success some 10 years ago? :D :icon_jook

Lock On has two sides: East and West. ED won't be upgrading one side's fighters alone, AFAIK.

Besides, the flanker pilots would be crying when the AFM was on and other fighters didn't have it ... harder to evade missiles, sluggish handling with AG ordnance, unlike now, etc etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Go Jag, Go !!!

The Jaguar and the MiG-27 would indeed be a quite cool choice. Both planes are from the same era and fullfill a very similar role. And the CAS and strike missions were always among my most favourites.

The big question of course is if there is enough open information about the Jaguar. GB and France have usualy been quite tight lipped about their warplanes.

But for the MiG-27 I guess ED would not have much problems to get the needed documentation. So: Go Flogger, Go :)

Guest IguanaKing
you do know there ia a vark mod made by alfa that is available, but its ai only if i remember.

Nope...I didn't know that.

f111 is the uber of uberest of aircraft, and its even got airconditioned ejection. thats what you call eject in style.

I agree :D...not to mention the fact that it has quite a reputation as a tank killer.

Yeah, and I could say I don't care about the Russian birds, just leave'em behind.

You either care abotu the whole sim or you don't.

I just care about the Russian part of the sim,which have been the focus point of the game since "Flanker 1.0".This sim is not meant to be "Western" from the start ;)

Western birds seem unfinished and unnecessary for me,I'm happy as long as they're modelled as good AI opponents :)

what's so hard about upgrading the models for the other planes?

It takes long time to get the relevent flight datas, I think. You don't build an AFM out of nothing.

As far as originality goes, I think 1 of the important features ED should absolutely NOT left out is LUA scripting. We need waaaayyyy more game-impacting LUA function. Not only positions and status reports, but being able to create units on the fly, etc...

THAT would be a unique feature in combat flight simulations to date. Forget about DC, LUA is the key :P

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Guest ruggbutt
I just care about the Russian part of the sim,which have been the focus point of the game since "Flanker 1.0".This sim is not meant to be "Western" from the start

So I suppose you were part of the development process........................The high res F18, F16, F15 and A10 shoot that unfounded comment of yours down. Also, where LOMAC smokes Flanker is that there are now both sides to fly against each other. Your "meant to be" comment is conjecture and prejudice. It's not based on fact.

Western birds seem unfinished and unnecessary for me,I'm happy as long as they're modelled as good AI opponents

AI in every sim/game/rpg aren't nearly as smart as a human opponent. You remind me of the guys who play only coop with FPS games because human players are too hard to play against.

You're way off base, and your comments reflect only your selfish preferences.