Aries Radio System

towsim

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Towsim:

We've encountered what is probably a bug.

Fresh install, lastest version, on the Steam version of DCS, Windows 8. The shortcuts to the radio, which were assigned to the keyboard, wouldn't work. None of them. Everything else looked good.

We finally nailed the problem:

The AriesConfigurator.exe is saving changes to a file called AriesConfigurator.ini, while the plug-in is looking for the shortcuts in the file AriesAirborneRadio.ini, which still had the default Warthog shortcuts.

Deleting the first .ini file didn't help, as the Configurator is just recreating the same file.

Replacing the AriesAirborneRadio.ini with one modified by someone else (windows 7, non Steam DCS) fixed the shortcut problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The location of AriesAirborneRadio.ini is expected as \DCS World\AriesWings\ AriesAirborneRadio.ini. The cofigurator tests three methods to find the path. The first is a path string from the registy:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AriesWings\ DCSWorldPath

This path was set during the installation of Aries Radio and comes from the dialog, where the default paths are shown. If this fails, the second possibility is tested from the registry (not that reliable):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

or

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

Last, the folder where the configurator resides is taken, which is normally \DCS World\AriesWings\.

In your case, the method one and two obviously failed. Therefore I would recommend to check the registry entries for

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AriesWings\ DCSWorldPath

or in case of Open Beta,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AriesWings\ DCSWorldPathOB.

If you are save with handling registry entries, you can enter the correct paths there .

An example for the Registry path entry:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

If the problem remains, please send me an e-mail to support@ariescon.com

Edited by towsim

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@towsim: the path is correct and defaulted to the steam DCS directory during installation. The problem isn't the path, but the filename. Both files (AriesAirborneRadio.ini and AriesConfigurator.ini) are in this same AriesWings directory. But the configurator isn't saving the changes to the correct file. I don't have the AriesConfigurator.ini file on my system, and on my friend's system (who's having the problem), the configurator is saving settings to this AriesConfigurator.ini file, whereas the plug-in is reading the other, AriesAirborneRadio.ini file.

The problem lies with this AriesConfigurator.ini file, which could be a name left over from previous versions, and only happening because of either Steam or Win8 (only major difference between his system and mine)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, that makes it more clear. It seem, that the very seldom situation came up, when all path information failed.You should open the file DCS World\AriesWings\AriesConfigurator_log.html with your web browser.In the first line you will see what path information was found. The attached ZIP file contains a modified configurator, which covers this seldom situation. Copy AriesConfigurator.exe to \DCS World\AriesWings and, if the Open Beta is installed, AriesConfiguratorOB.exe to \DCS World OpenBeta\AriesWings. It should solve your problem.

AriesConfigurator.zip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Known Bugs

The use of preset channels with the A-10C VHF AM and VHF FM is not reliable. After extensive tests we found the bug in DCS. The bug appears even with Aries Radio deactivated. Because of this bug and the missing possibility to configure the presets remotely, the feature to define the presets with the configurator was deleted. The presets can only be configured with the corresponding cockpit box during runtime. Box 2, UHF AM works normal as expected.

Is ED aware of this?, and working on?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]- I5 3570K @4.2ghz | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel® Thermal Solution RTS2011LC | G.Skill Ares 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | MSI N760 2GD5/OC ITX| 2x Corsair CSSD-F60GBGT-BK | Western Digital WD10EALX 1TB | HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 | Win 7

For those, who installed the latest Version (1.949) of the Gossip Box.

There is a bug, located in the AriesRadio.dll for TeamSpeak 3. If more than one user is speaking at a time, a terrible background noise is audible. The noise is created even if the Gossip Box is not active. The attached AriesRadio.zip contains the bug fix. Copy the AriesRadio.DLL to C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins or wherever TeamSpeak was installed.

Sorry for this inconvenience...

AriesRadio.zip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Aries Team...

Again me XDD

Since last DCS update all my modules works great with Aries except the Dora.

i´m not able to turn on the radio for the Dora. I can see the radio box but it´s off ( like i have no energy for the radio ) but all is on at the electrical panel. So i can´t activate it with the usual button.

Could you be so kind to test if the Dora´s radio works with Aries in this last DCS build?

Thanks mates.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

It seems, that the device ID for the FW190 radio was changed from 16 to 15 with the latest update, without any warning. I have fixed the bug internally. We will have additional tests this night. If nothing comes up, I will publish a bug fix tomorrow.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excuse towsim, ad I understood Aries is correctly working with any airframes bit 190 in the latest build, is it correct?

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

We did not test all types up to now. This will be done this night. During my development today, I worked with the A10C, MIG21 and FW190. FW190 had a bug with the new version and is fixed meanwhile, A10C works normal and the MIG21 is under construction.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Copy, thanks :)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Yes, i´ve tested all modules ( i have all of them ) and all seems to work good ( well Mig-21 has a generic three radios until Aries team could code it )

So only the Dora is faulty now.

Great feedback boys.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

As announced yesterday, a new LUAC file to compensate the DCS radio mismatch for the Dora:

the attached AriesRadio.luac (AriesRadio.zip) has to be copied to \DCS World\AriesWings. The only important change is a device ID change from 16 to 15. The Dora is tested and works normal now. The update with the MIG-21Bis will follow shortly.

Thanks Esac_ mirmidon

AriesRadio.zip

Edited by towsim

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

towsim I have a request about AriesWing. In my PC I have installed three DCS game. One vers. 1.2.9 (due to my team server version), a 1.2.10 and the Open Bets. I'm wondering if I can manage Aries installation for all the DCSs (DCS World Configurator and so on...). Thanks for feedback

That should be possible. While DCS World and Open Beta can be installed with the installer, an

additional installation needs some manual copying. The simplest way is to copy the entire DCS

World\AriesWings folder to the same place in the additional DCS installation. Then locate the Saved

Games\DCS\scripts folder of your additional installation. Copy the export.lua from the normal

installation to that folder. If the folder does not exist, you need to create it. That's all. The only

disadvantages are, that the connect/disconnect function from the teamspeak client does not work

for the additional installation and the configurator works not for the additional installation. But if

you copy AriesAirborneRadio.ini from your normal installation, you have all the settings available.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]