what is wrong with my missiles

lujiashun1

i launched about ten missiles but enemy's jet was OK nothing happened ,what is wrong???when i am close to enemy,every 27ET becomes to rocket but system permits to launch ET. i press ctrl+c,and the canopy gets off i still can see the canopy in the cockpit what is wrong

i launched about ten missiles but enemy's jet was OK nothing happened ,what is wrong???when i am close to enemy,every 27ET becomes to rocket but system permits to launch ET. i press ctrl+c,and the canopy gets off i still can see the canopy in the cockpit what is wrong

Lujiashun, is this happening in the FC3 'Instant action' missions like SU-27 Intercept and Mig CAP? If so I can confirm and have a few tracks of both R-27ER and R-73 Archer SRM's hitting enemy aircraft and no damage ensuing (hits confirmed by both track and Tacview). Occasionaly bizarre R-77 Adder behaviour has been noted too, veering off very close to impact point for no apparent reason. I'll try to set up some Mission editor skirmishes when I get some time to determine whether it is occurring solely in the FC3 'Instant action' missions.

The missiles are still most definitely WIP as pointed out many times, so I'm not moaning lol and I understand that these things are probably fiendishly tricky to get right with the new AFM characteristics. I was however amazed to see that FC3 'beta' designation in the DCS GUI has been removed.....which seems a bit dodgy? :)

If someone can tell me how to upload tracks (and where they can be found in the DCS folder) to this forum I will do so. I think I have an old 'Mediafire' account where I might be able to upload it to. One in particular shows 3 SRM (R-73 Archer) hits on one F-5E aircraft, no damage whatsoever, and its quite amusing. :) In exasperation I just decided to brass him up with the gun instead. Get some! :D

Disappointed that EOS scan elevation has not been sorted yet too, (its 'quite a big deal' for Reds tactically), but Rome wasn't built in a day and I'm sure they'll nail it soon. :)

Lots of positives about the new update though (love the new Flanker Pit and new sounds too.....das ist gut. :) I seem to get a massive FPS loss in the P-51 D cockpit when looking forwards for whatever reason, and .50cal guns particularly at dusk still cause big FPS loss too. Smoke pillar FPS loss has largely been eliminated however.

Edited by Biggles07
Forgot NATO R-77 name lol.

♫ ' Papa was a hairy mole.....Wherever he dug a den was his home ' ♫

I've lost count how many times I've posted this - invincible AI will be corrected in the coming update :)

Okey dokey Stang and beg yer pardon. :) I haven't had time to look in the other bugs sections etc yet and was not aware of this. Haven't seen an invincible AI post yet, but that's because tbh I probably wasn't looking very hard. :D

Sorry if I came across as a bit grumpy I've haven't been awake long :P (come on coffee do your stuff)

No worries man.....:) I often need a good cuppa to become a fully functioning human being again after a kip too lol....Understood. :D

I've lost count how many times I've posted this - invincible AI will be corrected in the coming update :)

to clarify, coming update is in hotfixes for 1.2.4.xxxxxxx or wait for 1.2.5.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?

Im too busy having lil air show moments.... :joystick::joystick:

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

to clarify, coming update is in hotfixes for 1.2.4.xxxxxxx or wait for 1.2.5.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?

Im too busy having lil air show moments.... :joystick::joystick:

Yeah, this should really be fixed quicky. Enemies not taking damage when they're hit is kind of a big deal :smilewink:

Wouldn't want to wait till 1.2.5

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

just have to do everything Hot Shots Style.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs