SAR heir apparent...?

BeachAV8R

As a BIG fan of the old Search and Rescue series, it doesn't take too much of a leap to envision DCS as filling that niche with some awesome custom (and challenging) flying scenarios. Throw in weather, malfunctions, heavy loads, and great scripting tools and we could have a real winner. I haven't been following closely the development - is there any discussions on modeling external sling loads or rescue swimmers/hoist operations? Man..I hope so..

SAR1.jpg

:thumbup:

BeachAV8R

Just seems to make sense doesn't it? 90% of the fun of this helo is the challenge of flying it proficiently.. My fondest memories of Black Shark missions are some of the ones that had you flying at the very edges of the envelope. I recall one mission where you had to engage some targets at a very high mountain pass and it was all you could do to stay stable enough to make the attack runs..

It was by QA (awesome mission..)

cross01.jpg

BeachAV8R

Also a fan of the SAR series. Some SAR and CSAR missions would be fantastic. At the moment, without slings, swimmers and collidable trees it will have to be done with triggers but even so it gives me a real motivation to try harder at mission editing.

Gonna be fun having something dangling from the bottom of the Huey swinging all over the place, best get stable flight down now folks.

:)

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Gonna be fun having something dangling from the bottom of the Huey swinging all over the place, best get stable flight down now folks.

Old video I had made from SAR Vietnam Medevac..go to the 1 minute mark and you'll see my sling load wreaking havoc.. LOL..

BeachAV8R

Classic, the landing at 1:20 was the biznezz :)

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Classic, the landing at 1:20 was the biznezz :)

Yeah..should have used up a little more collective there in the autorotation, but it doesn't have recording, so I had to fly that from that view..LOL..kind of hard to judge the flare..

:pilotfly:

BeachAV8R

Yeah..should have used up a little more collective there in the autorotation, but it doesn't have recording, so I had to fly that from that view..LOL..kind of hard to judge the flare..

:pilotfly:

BeachAV8R

That makes it even more epic :megalol:

Replicate that same landing from that view in DCS: Huey and prove you flew it from that angle and not replayed a track and ill buy you a pony :D