UH-1H Helios Profile?

Abnaxus

TXSailor, search for it on youtube,, best way to understand it in my opinion,,,

Thanks all,, especially Abnaxus!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I wish there was a dedicated Helios forum. Does anybody know if there is one somewhere? Gadroc's Workshop doesn't have a forum that I can see.

I have been trying to figure out how to get a pdf document to show in Helios? TB has a IE window to show any kind of browser capable document, but I don't see that in Helios..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

There used to be a Helios forum but Gadroc had to take it down due to spam issues, IIRC.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hmm, I could set one up in the TouchBuddy forums.. But I thought he was in the process of finding a new host.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

I was on Gadrocs site a couple days ago, and another person offered to host,, I dont know if there has been a reply from Gadroc yet?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I also pointed him to Erik who host's CombatAce.com, TouchBuddy.com, and a few others, but I don't know if he's had time to do anything yet.

I sent him a PM to see what's happening with that...

Thats cool! unfortunately,, I have no idea how code is done,, I would be of no help in that department. Nice to see that those who are capable are contributing to keep Helios alive

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, Its been just a little while since I added a Helios profile, so Im a bit rusty,,,dumb question,, I'm looking for the "monitor.lua" file that I would need to edit the X & Y coordinates,,, I have the Helios profile in the download, but there is no monitor.lua to edit? Thanks for any help

Do you mean config/MonitorSetup/xxxx.lua?

Yes,

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup\xxxxxx.lua

ok, so I took one of my custom monitor config.lua files and saved it as my Huey monitor config.lua ( needed somewhere to start),,, Anyway, I have the Helios profile working, and I took the Kneeboard file and put it in my Generic Mod Enabler subdirectory and then enabled it thru the desktop GUI. Then I added the script into my Huey Monitor.lua. Now when I get in the Sim all looks well, when I go to bring up the map (in which I already set the coordinates for its display position), it looks great! As I putz around, I noticed that if I go and press the Kneeboard key again in Helios, the map pops up for a split second then disappears real quick, that space is NOT being replaced by the lighting knobs,, the maps just not there? I keep cycling the key in Helios, and it continues to do the same thing, pops up then disappears leaving a black background?

Ok, 2nd problem,,, I can access these (2) files via Notepad++

DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Scripts\ControlsIndicator\ControlsIndicator_page.lua

DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Scripts\AI\ControlPanel\g_panel_page.lua

I am able to do a comparison between the original files I have, and the ones that have been modified. The problem I have is that I have no clue at all what the changes are between the 2? Its not as straight forward as it is compared to making the changes in the monitor.lua file.

With that being said, I have the tools I need to plot the X& Y coordinates and the Pixel width and height, I just don’t know where and how to plug this data into these 2 files to MOD them?

“Controls Indicator” Data=

Y=12

X=3076

Pixel Width= 419

Pixel Height= 418

“AI Panel” Data=

Y=502

X=3052

Pixel Width= 454

Pixel Height= 136

In addition to the kneeboard problem, can anyone assist me on learning how to plug this data into those specific files, or maybe do it for me and I will reverse engineer it so I can understand it? Thanks,

Kinda figured I would have a response on this by now? Obviously you guys had to to this yourself to get it to work,,, HELP,,,, LOL,, Im dying to get this profile online~!

I have not gotten around to setting this up or even read the instructions since I first read this thread a few months ago. I have however customized my Huey Hint window postion, and controls indicator position a long time ago...

Doesn't his instructions tell you enough detail how to do this? I don't know what you have to do with the monitorsetup/xxx.lua files. Those customizations are just for viewports. The Huey controls indicator, hints window, and kneeboard were not viewports when I customized them months ago. Has that changed?

Sorry, trying to help, but I have not followed this whole thread...

I remember moving the controls indicator on some of the aircraft was very complicated and others it was not so bad. Moving the hints and kneeboard I don't think were that hard, but I didn't resize them or change their colors.

EDIT:

Never mind, I just took a quick look and see that he turns the kneeboard into a viewport.

Edited by Snacko

Yeah, its moving the Controls indicator and AI window that I cant figure out how to do,,,,

no, likely because my dual monitor setup is much different then yours, so the values need to be changed. Its just a matter what and where? I have the coordinates that I need, I just dont know how to implement them.

Fakum, I have been searching for this lately too. I found the answer in this post: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1753910&postcount=2

The co-ordinates are strange, they don't denote pixels. I have a 2560x1280 main monitor and a 1920x1080 touchscreen monitor, so to get the controls indicator to fit in this Helios profile, I used the following changes in the ControlsIndicator_page.lua:

Line 12: local size = 0.22

Line 44: base.init_pos = {4.275,0.7}

I am still trying to work out settings for the AI panel

Awsum! I know Snacko is on the verge of some breakthru's as well, he is making some progress as well. I will be dabbling into this over the next few days to see how I can implement,,, keep us up to date on the AI Panel as well,, thanks

While I am at it, I have to ask this question. Every time I edit a .lua file to resize or reposition something, I:

Open the .lua file in notepad++

Make changes

Save Changes

Close Notepad

Open DCS

Run the sim to see changes

Exit out of the sim

Close DCS

Then I start the whole process over repeatedly until satisfied. Is these a better way to do this, like on the fly or something so i don't have to keep going in and out of the sim to do all this, or is this the only way? just want to make sure Im not making it difficult on myself, thanks.

When you are making changes to something in the game (flying), you just have to exit out to the menu, make your lua changes, and click fly to test it again. You don't need to go all the way to desktop everytime.

Thats helpful thanks, I thought maybe DCS would load the .lua files when you opened it, therefore in order to use the revised lua, you would have to exit completely out,,, I should have asked that question years ago,, thanks

Thank you Snacko, cichlidfan and thereminqblank for the help so far via PM’s and here. Heres what I have for the Controls indicator for the Helios profile that works for my configuration. 4480 x 1600, which consists of a 30” Mainscreen 2560 x 1600 to the left, and a 23” Touchscreen to the right at 1920 x 1080.

DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Scripts\ControlsIndicator\ControlsIndic ator_page.lua

local size = 0.205

base.init_pos = {3.83,0.744}

*** Raising “local size” increases pixel square size

*** Raising 1st set of numbers in base.init_pos bracket shifts pixel square further to the right.

*** Raising 2nd set of numbers in base.init_pos bracket shifts pixel square further up.

NOW!!!!! How do I get rid of that red color background for the controls indicator so the background is pure black?

AND !!! the next puzzle to solve,, the AI Panel,,, havnt even started with that yet!