F-15 missing NAV and ILS symbols on HUD

kontiuka

I've noticed that when I'm in NAV mode, when I should see a steering index on the HUD in the form of a cross (+), I only see a vertical line (|). Also, the horizontal bar on the ADI doesn't move so I never know if I'm at the right assigned waypoint altitude.

When I'm in ILS mode, I don't see the localizer and glide slope bars on the HUD and I have to rely on my ADI to know where I am on my landing approach.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thx.

Thought I was doing something wrong, but I definitely noticed this. Again, this could be user error on my part. :)

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, VKB STECS Standard, Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

FC3 F15 has ILS HUD director cross for ILS ... same as Wypt steering cross. The old (incorrct steering cross/bars are gone).

You track this with the velocity vector to track the ILS Glide slope and localiser

IlsHUDFC3-1_zpsa7ce41c1.jpg

ok. thanks. I guess the FC3 manual needs to be updated.

On the topic of NAV mode (as opposed to ILS mode), why is the steering index on the HUD a ( | ) symbol instead of a ( + ) symbol? Also, on the ADI, the horizontal bar doesn't move to tell me if I'm above or below the set altitude. As you can see from my screenshots, my altitude is about 1500 ft ASL but my set altitude defined in the mission editor was 3000 ft ASL. I would have thought that the horizontal bar on the ADI would be near the top but it just rests on the bottom and doesn`t move. Even if I`ve reached the set altitude.

Screen_130515_211820.thumb.jpg.fb32670377da7535e551d9807c849361.jpg

Screen_130515_211825.thumb.jpg.0e777a8ed2a224ece1a510fb370f7b87.jpg

ok. I guess I was just going by what I've seen in other aircraft. For example, I've flown the SU-25 quite a bit and I know that the horizontal bar on the ADI does move up and down as I progress towards a waypoint.

So, in the F-15, is there any way to know what your set altitude is without actually engaging the autopilot? Just curious because I like to fly on manual when I can.

• 3 months later...

In the F-16 from BMS 4.32 the only way to know your set altitude is by checking the DED (Data Entry Display) and bring the ICP(Integrated Control Panel) STPT page on it.The F-16 HUD has a diamond in it which should point to the selected steerpoint altitude , but it points to the ground in BMS 4.32.

Perhaps this should be the case for the F-15 ,too.But the DED and ICP are not implemented in FC2 and FC3 , so the only way is to memorize the planed altitudes.Maybe the real F-15 has some HUD cues for this ,only a real F-15 pilot could tell.