X-Control Mod (Take Over control of AI planes) - Comunity open mod

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TV Series on Military or Science Channel... they can slot it just before each weekend Firefly marathon.

Nah, History Channel, then I could have the Ancient Aliens guy on my show.

giorgio-tsoukalos.jpeg

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

aussieboy I tested your settings but they work the same. :D

But there is a catch. The problem appears only on the ground and only if you taxi with more than 10km/h and you apply almost full or full right/left rudder. If you start at the end of the runway or you taxi under 10km/h the problem does not appear.

Also... question. is you L39ZA touching the ground with back wheels?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Can we blame Blaze? :D

I tested with my settings and it does the same so it's not from entry.lua.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

A question for Alex O'kean

What setting is better to be use in entry.lua

this one:

make_flyable('L-39ZA' , current_mod_path..'/Cockpit/KneeboardRight/',{self_ID,'L-39ZA',old = 16}, current_mod_path..'/Comm/L-39_ZA.lua')

or this one:

local FM = {self_ID, 'Su-25', old = 16}

make_flyable('L-39ZA', current_mod_path..'/Cockpit/KneeboardRight/', FM, current_mod_path..'/comm.lua')

Imho they do same thing but maybe one is better.

They are for making L39ZA flyable with Su25 avionics

The FM is "attached" to avionics?

Thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

su 27 "old"cockpit:

local FM = {self_ID, 'FC3', old = 3}

mount_vfs_texture_path("Bazar/World/textures/CockpitsHDTextures")

mount_vfs_texture_path(current_mod_path .. "/Cockpit/Resources/Model/Textures/SU-25-CPT-TEXTURES")

mount_vfs_model_path (current_mod_path.."/Cockpit/Resources/Model/Shape")

mount_vfs_liveries_path (current_mod_path .. "/Liveries")

make_flyable('L-39ZA', current_mod_path..'/Cockpit/KneeboardRight/', FM, current_mod_path..'/comm.lua')

it worked well, and we just need to change the ID

can you taxi with speed and take sharp turns?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Found the problem with the wings falling off. It's in the collision shell.

You can swap it to use the Su-25's and it works. Open the L-39_ZA.lods and change the collision_shell entry so it looks like below

collision_shell = "su-25-collision.edm",

But that will mean that in combat L39 will take hits as a Su25A... isn't it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Guys,

Need some help from the experts :)

I have got 99% of this working, great job Aussie, but I have the hud spawn well above the "hud frame" in the F15C cockpit, I have to sit up high in my seat, reset TrackIR and then sit back down to get it vaguely in the right place.

Something I missed maybe?

Many thanks

Pman

The below is what you need to use the F-15 pit

local FM = {self_ID, 'L-39ZA', old = 6}

mount_vfs_texture_path(current_mod_path .. "/Cockpit/Resources/Model/Textures/F-15C-CPT-TEXTURES")

mount_vfs_model_path (current_mod_path.."/Cockpit/Resources/Model/Shape")

mount_vfs_liveries_path (current_mod_path .. "/Liveries")

Found the problem with the wings falling off. It's in the collision shell.

You can swap it to use the Su-25's and it works. Open the L-39_ZA.lods and change the collision_shell entry so it looks like below

collision_shell = "su-25-collision.edm",

I made the change and L39 now keeps its wings while on the ground. Grat! Thank you!

One question:

Can you explain what is the purpose of this line:

binaries = { 'Legacy_AFM_Su25', },

?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

An attempt to use the old Su25 AFM, generally you bind it to the FC3 binary but I tried one of the legacy AFM's instead. There's a few other legacy AFM's which you can use too found in the DCS World/bin folder.

BTW, I only just installed the new Su25A so I'll check that out.

Hey guys, amazing work with the flyable ai aircraft. I have been able to get the L39 and the F16 to work, but I have come across a problem trying to fly the F-4E. I was able to make it "flyable" as in, you can place it in the editor and take control. However, none of the controls are responsive. keyboard and joystick commands wont work. I have tried deleting the control profile, re-applying controls, etc. Any ideas?

-Thanks

zaelu, I found an easy way for FC3 owners to have AI's use the new cockpit models instead of the old versions. Grab the attached AI-Modern Cockpit MOD and extract to DCS World\Bazar\World\Shapes folder. Then use the same method as we did for the L-39ZA cockpit and it will use the new cockpits. :)

pman,

If you're using the new F-15 cockpit you will need to adjust the view settings for the HUD to appear correctly.

I put together an example using the new ViewSettings method. Add these lines to the F-18 entry.lua on the line above the make_flyable entry.

dofile(current_mod_path.."/Views.lua")

make_view_settings('F/A-18C', ViewSettings, SnapViews)

attached is the view.lua, extract F-18 Views.zip to the main Mods\aircrafts\F-18C folder

Thank You!!! This is very very clever indeed.

I see what it is doing that smart LODS file, I will check it out in game.

There is also a need for that view.lua file in Mod folder but I don know yet how to make one for more than one plane... maybe if I just keep the names of the planes from server.lua and snapviewsdefault.lua?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is also a need for that view.lua file in Mod folder but I don know yet how to make one for more than one plane... maybe if I just keep the names of the planes from server.lua and snapviewsdefault.lua?

Thanks zaelu,

For the F-18 I started with the F-15C entries from the server.lua and snapviewsdefault.lua then adjusted it to suite. The main entry is named default view, in the F-15's case it was #13

Here's a breakdown:

[13] = {--default view

viewAngle = 88.727844,--FOV

hAngle = 0.000000, -- angle left/right

vAngle = -12.678451, -- angle up/down

x_trans = 0.060000, -- HUD position fwd/aft

y_trans = -0.105873, -- HUD position up/down

z_trans = 0.000000, -- HUD position left/right

rollAngle = 0.000000, -- not sure exactly what this does, haven't used it yet

},

Here a working version of the F-18 using the new F-15C cockpit with corrected views. Also note the improved FM characteristics due to using the new pit. You will need to install my AI Modern cockpit MOD available here http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=85786&d=1375754074

Installation:

Step 1: Extract AI-Modern Cockpit MOD to DCS World\Bazar\World\Shapes folder

Step 2: Extract F-18C.zip to the main DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\folder

Enjoy!

zaelu,

You might be interested in looking at my F-18's entry.lua, I used an minimalistic approach to avoid copying any files from FC3.

I used the new cockpits from the beginning (but the old hard way of copying the files) and I did noticed that F18 flies like it has it's own caracteristics... so is L39 and the rest but I never thought it is due to the cockpit... lol .

Regarding views... I know it is possible to put a view.lua file inside the mod and direct the game to it... I saw it on Huey from last patch. But I want to insert more than one plane in it. I will try as I said with naming the sections like in the original files.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK here is what I found so far

The lines:

mount_vfs_texture_path ("Mods/aircrafts/Flaming Cliffs/Cockpit/F-15C-CPT-TEXTURES")

mount_vfs_model_path ("Mods/aircrafts/Flaming Cliffs/Cockpit/Resources/Model/Shape")

are not required... first line is not used anyway in new cockpits, second line was wrong path (which made me think is not necessary at all :) ) subsequently the third line is not necessary.

The cockpit geometry and textures are solely decided by this next line by the red bolder underlined number which decides all:

make_flyable('F/A-18C', 'Mods/aircrafts/Flaming Cliffs/Cockpit/KneeboardRight/', {self_ID,'FA_18C',old = 6}, current_mod_path..'/comm.lua')

So is not the cockpit that decides the FM but that number which then impose a FM, avionics and cockpit.

Problems so far:

1. I can't make the views for all planes in my mod. I don't find the correct sintax

2. The problem with F15E aggravates. Now by setting avionics to Su27 which allow payloads beyond pylon 11 sets also the cockpit and the FM... which is a bit... worse.

I attached my WIP version so far. Maybe you have a better idea.

For anyone else wanting to try the mod. It is JSMGE compatible. put the folder inside archive into _Mods used by JSMGE and activate the mod. Make sure you don't have any previous X Control Mod installed!!!!! For manual installation the folder inside archive contains Bazar and Mods folders with the folder structure necessary. Make sure you removed any previous versions of the X Control Mod or you don't have conflicting mods (other AI planes enabling mods) and copy those 2 folders into your DCS Folder... accept overwrites... it doesn't actually overwrite any file

X Control Mod for JSMGE beta 4 wip.zip

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will take a look at what you have so far and let you know.

The section old = 6 is rather flexible, you can uses names for instance old = F_15 will do the same thing.

The cockpits don't decide the FM but rather they impact on them to varying degrees.