View issues controlling guns

Whenever I am in either the flexible gun mode or on the M-60 door guns my mouse will not control the movement of the guns. Whenever I try to move the mouse the gun moves slightly then suddenly snaps to center view. It is like "center camera" is stuck on constantly. The mouse does correctly spin the camera around the helicopter in the F2 outside view. This problem is only within the cockpit on the gun positions.

The only thing that is able to move the guns correctly is when I turn on FreeTrack and move my head. This problem still persists even without running FreeTrack and starting the simulation.

I have unbound all view command keys except for mouse X for horizontal, Mouse Y for vertical, and Mouse Z for zoom and this problem still persists.

Here is a short track showing the issue. You can see correct aiming with FreeTrack on and then the jumpiness trying to use the mouse and FreeTrack off.

View issues.trk

Edited by Vintovka
Added track file

Just a Quick bump it has been a few days and no response. I am still unable to control guns in the Co-pilot, door gunner, or crew chief positions using the mouse. Other people I have asked in Multiplayer sessions all control the guns using the mouse with no issues at all. The only mod I am using with DCS world is the Mp logbook mod and this issue still persists after de-activating it.

Any info?

This problem still persists even without running FreeTrack and starting the simulation.

Are you sure? I'm using TrackIR and I'm encountering this behavior with head tracking on. Head tracking is superior to mouse movement.

I have TrackIR pause binded to middle mouse button and it is working flawlesly. Try to push Freetrack-pause button, then LAlt+C to enable mouselook and everything should be OK...

• Like 1

Unfortunately(1), that's how FreeTrack works. :bored:

Even FreeTrack is off (not launched, pause or whatever), you can't use mouse as pilot-head in game. Because there's "headtracker.dll" that located under "...\DCS World\bin\headtracker\" folder. Its existence somehow blocks the mouse usage. To use mouse, you have to rename "headtracker" folder or dll file. But then you can't use FreeTrack in game. Unfortunately(2), stopping, pausing or closing FreeTrack doesn't solve this problem.

Unfortunately(3), we (FreeTrack users) have to learn to use FlexSight with FreeTrack... :joystick:

:pain:

Edited by Devrim
  • Like 1

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Unfortunately(1), that's how FreeTrack works. :bored:

Even FreeTrack is off (not launched, pause or whatever), you can't use mouse as pilot-head in game. Because there's "headtracker.dll" that located under "...\DCS World\bin\headtracker\" folder. Its existence somehow blocks the mouse usage. To use mouse, you have to rename "headtracker" folder or dll file. But then you can't use FreeTrack in game. Unfortunately(2), stopping, pausing or closing FreeTrack doesn't solve this problem.

Unfortunately(3), we (FreeTrack users) have to learn to use FlexSight with FreeTrack... :joystick:

:pain:

Wow thank you very much this was driving me crazy not knowing what was wrong. I thought maybe I had to reinstall. Well for now due to low framerate on my low end computer I will just stick to flying and utilize the guns in the future when I upgrade. For me with the low FPS the freetrack is not smooth enough to aim with.

Thank you again for the replies and solving this.

No problem Suchacz.

Vintovka; I hope a proggrammer (may be the guy that wrote this dll) cares about this. As you wish, when we've paused FreeTrack, we could have used mouse as desired.

For now, sorry.

Thanks.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 3 weeks later...

There is 3 (or more) different headtracker.dll files arround... will try their respective behaviour with the Huey and post the results here...

This headtracker.dll thing where it takes over mouse movement even while disengaged has to be solved, somehow... dammit... :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Here they go attached... an archive with all different headtracker.dll files.

Authors are:

samtheeagle

V4Friend

popux

And now to some testing... maybe one will let us move mouse when headtracking is inactive on Huey gunner positions... :doh:

Headtracker_DLLs.rar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here is my testing results:

[TABLE]VERSION V4Friend samtheeagle popux

HEADTRACKING ON STOP stays stays stays

MOUSE VIEW ON STOP judders judders judders

POV HAT VIEW WITHOUT HTR ON disabled enabled disabled

TURNING HTR AFTER GAME START works no can do works

REMARK yaw inverted yaw inverted yaw & pitch inverted

[/TABLE]

I chose to use samtheeagle's headtracker.dll with FacetrackNoIR because when I want to use POV Hat views and mouse cockpit view I just don't turn FacetrackNoIR prior to starting DCS World...

With the other two headtracker.dll files, your POV Hat & mouse views are screwed permanently...

Someone has to make changes in the .dll or the API so when headtracking stops/pauses the mouse cockpit view retakes priority... :smartass:

Unfortunately, my knowledge is thin in this .dll writing/compiling area... :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am a TrackIR user...and for me the best control over the Co-Pilot and gunner aiming is to use TrackIR with Precision On...in lieu of trying for finite control with the mouse. With Precision set...I use the F12 key....I have much better control for aiming....and I use the middle mouse button to assist in alignment of the front and rear sights as needed with the gunners.

I use my trigger button on the Hotas Warthog or the left mouse button to fire the weapons.

Velocity MicroI7-4790 Windows 7 Home Premium 16Gigs RAM EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 500GB SSD TM Hotas Warthog

• 2 weeks later...
I am a TrackIR user...and for me the best control over the Co-Pilot and gunner aiming is to use TrackIR with Precision On...in lieu of trying for finite control with the mouse. With Precision set...I use the F12 key....I have much better control for aiming....and I use the middle mouse button to assist in alignment of the front and rear sights as needed with the gunners.

I use my trigger button on the Hotas Warthog or the left mouse button to fire the weapons.

What is this precision mode you're speaking about? Never heard...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Right then. So I've been away from the community for a while... It seems like the new Huey module is causing some problems eh? Well having just treated myself to this whirlybird I shall of course be looking in to what is going on! If I get any joy I shall post updated binaries to the original headtracker thread here: http://www.forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=75917

Ok, so that turned out to be an easy fix! :D Updated binaries and sources can be found in the original thread here: http://www.forum.lockon.ru/showpost.php?p=1888102&postcount=147

I've had a quick test this morning and all looks good!

To summarize all the points that seem to be swirling about with head tracking in DCS World 1.2.6 and the Huey here are a few key points...

1. The head tracker files need to be placed directly into the bin folder now.
  2. To use you mouse to control guns you need to setup a shortcut/button to temporarily disable FreeTrack.
  3. You then need to press LALT-C to toggle the mouse control.

There is also a special option for the Huey module to allow TrackIr aiming. I currently have this set to enabled and mouse aiming works in game (following the points above). I haven't tested what happens with the option disabled...

Fingers crossed this will work for everyone else, let me know how you get on :)

Edited by samtheeagle