KNEEBOARD Export for 'multimonitorsetup.lua' in all modules - DCS 1.2.4

I dont see new keys for kneeboard inside controls option

I tried using this instructions, but there are no Kneeboard section under game options/control for a-10c. I have kneeboard section under p-51d and huey...

Also, can you explain what is device_init.lua. Part used for?

possible solution:

Open device_init.lua (...\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts), go to line 762 and paste this code:

indicators[#indicators + 1] = {
   "ccKneeboard",
   LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."KNEEBOARD/indicator/init.lua",
   devices.KNEEBOARD,
   {{},
   --[[
   all corrections are incremental to default values or calculated on connector base
   default for example : sw incremental to half width where default width is 0.1
   --]]
   {sx_l = -0.65,sz_l =  0.15,sy_l = -0.5,ry_l =  10, rz_l = 85 ,sw = 0.142 * 0.5 - 0.1,sh = 0.214 * 0.5 - 0.1}, 
    1}
}

Then, open Keyboard.lua (C:\Users\Andrew\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\A-10C\keyboard) go to line 842 [ENTER] and paste this code:

{combos = {{key = "]", reformers = {"RCtrl", }}, }, down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 45, value_down = 1, name = "Kneeboard Next Page", category = "Kneeboard"},
{combos = {{key = "K", reformers = {"RAlt", "RCtrl", }}, }, down = iCommandPlaneShowKneeboard, name = "Kneeboard ON/OFF", category = "Kneeboard"},
{combos = {{key = "[", reformers = {"RAlt", }}, }, down = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 45, value_down = 1, name = "Kneeboard Previous Page", category = "Kneeboard"},
{combos = {{key = "K", reformers = {"RCtrl", }}, }, down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 45, value_down = 1, name = "Kneeboard current position mark point", category = "Kneeboard"},
{combos = {{key = "K"}, {key = "/", reformers = {"RShift", }}, }, down = iCommandPlaneShowKneeboard, up = iCommandPlaneShowKneeboard, value_down = 1, value_up = -1, name = "Kneeboard glance view", category = "Kneeboard"},

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attention!

It's not save to use Heaters instruction and it isn't working!

1. there is a second entry for the "device_init.lua" missing (creators)

2. The "devices.lua" needs also a entry.

3. The key-commands trigger a conflict with other key-commands that are already occupied by default.

Please be a little patient and wait until I will upload a save-to-use file package that fixes the Kneebord for the A-10C

Attention!

It's not save to use Heaters instruction and it isn't working!

1. there is a second entry for the "device_init.lua" missing (creators)

2. The "devices.lua" needs also a entry.

3. The key-commands trigger a conflict with other key-commands that are already occupied by default.

Please be a little patient and wait until I will upload a save-to-use file package that fixes the Kneebord for the A-10C

Ok

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

I'm not at home now, but there are others two files to modify for flying with the PeterP's kneeboard.

My fix was only an example to PeterP. I'm sure that Peter will upload a new version later.

NB: before create a new mod, use always a clean DCS installation. Indeed, PeterP was surprised when the mod fault with A-10 running

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

I got everything in place now and it works, but I will now reinstall a whole DCS-World on a separate system to check again if I didn't missed something.

When everything works as expected I will upload the

"A-10C Kneeboard FIX for DCS 1.2.4" within the next hour.

I got everything in place now and it works, but I will now reinstall a whole DCS-World on a separate system to check again if I didn't missed something.

When everything works as expected I will upload the

"A-10C Kneeboard FIX for DCS 1.2.4" within the next hour.

Well done Peter ;)

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 

A-10C Kneeboard Fix for DCS 1.2.4

Download in the first post in combination with the original mod.

A-10C Kneeboard Fix for DCS 1.2.4

All tests are made in DCS World 1.2.4

This will enable the Kneeboard in the A-10C.

Installation:

-------------

1. First we have to 'tell' the A10C module that the Kneeboard exists,so:

Copy the "Mods" folder into your DCS World install and allow to overwrite.

Example path:

H:Program FilesEagle DynamicsDCS World

2. Now we have to "Teach" the A-10C Sim module new Key-commands for the Kneeboard

------

A)

This will keep all 'joystick files untouched and you only have to reset your Keyboard to Default,

but you can only control the kneeboard via the keyboard.

Select

OPTIONS > CONTROLS > A-10C Sim > Than Highlight the keyboard row >

Select "LOAD PROFILE" > Navigate to ...DCS WorldModsaircraftsA-10CInputA-10Ckeyboard and select the 'default.lua'

> Click OK

Now you have a Kneeboard category in your keyboard controls.

Please have a look at the "A-10C Kneeboard FIX for DCS 1.2.4.jpg" for reference.

And here is a video that shows above steps :

------

B)

To 'teach' every controller that you have attached the new Kneeboard category , you will have to edit your input files.

And use Notepad++ when you edit the scripts! And: before you edit: Make a Backup, make a Backup and make a Backup! - OK ?!

Navigate to C:Users>your user name<Saved GamesDCSConfigInputA-10C add to every file you find in this the "joystick"

Folder this Block directly after the "keyCommands = {" line:

{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 74, value_down = 1, name = "Kneeboard Next Page", category = "Kneeboard"},

{down = iCommandPlaneShowKneeboard, name = "Kneeboard ON/OFF", category = "Kneeboard"},

{down = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 74, value_down = 1, name = "Kneeboard Previous Page", category = "Kneeboard"},

{down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 74, value_down = 1, name = "Kneeboard current position mark point", category = "Kneeboard"},

{down = iCommandPlaneShowKneeboard, up = iCommandPlaneShowKneeboard, value_down = 1, value_up = -1, name = "Kneeboard glance view", category = "Kneeboard"},

Please see the "Controller Profile edit.jpg"

Do it the same with the file in the "Keyboard" folder if you don't have done option "A)"

Now you can assign your own button presses for each controller in the Kneeboard category while you have kept you own inputs intact.

Un-install:

----------

run a DCS-repair

Info/annotations >>> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1776454#post1776454

- PeterP 02.06.2013

Controller Profile edit.jpg:

ControllerProfileedit_zpse370b8b8.jpg

A-10C Kneeboard FIX for DCS 1.2.4.jpg :

A-10CKneeboardFIXforDCS124_zps97d0705f.jpg

Edited by PeterP

thanks Peter.

Bug: TAD map is over the kneeboard. If I click on DSMS, the bug disappear. Then If you switch the MFCDs, the bug disappear.

2035663197_dcs2013-06-0218-07-23-83.thumb.jpg.c823e793f0b9ae329bf2b90834910e1f.jpg

thanks Peter.

Bug: TAD map is over the kneeboard. If I click on DSMS, the bug disappear. Then If you switch the MFCDs, the bug disappear.

The TAD and the Kneeboard share the same Level.

Quick'n'Dirty temp workaround only for the A-10C:

\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\indicator\definitions.lua

line number #2 - set

DEFAULT_LEVEL = 4

To

DEFAULT_LEVEL = 5

But this sadly triggers that the charts aren't visible any-more... - well , this needs some special treatment and a deeper analysis how it's chained together for a robust fix.

Edited by PeterP

thanks Peter.

I came to this thread because I was just about to post the exact same bug report. I have my two MFDs setup on a second monitor and have positioned the kneeboard between these two MFDs. The TAD map extends over the Kneeboard.

Regards,

Milli

Did now some tests with common Helios set-ups only in the A-10C and saw myself how inconvenient this 'A-10C TAD bug' is - I also located 'somehow' the culprit in the A-10C MFCD_page_TAD_MAP.lua and/or MFCD_page_TAD_CHART.lua (or close) - but I wasn't able Mask the TAD only on to the export render-space of the MFCD- maybe there is just a simple thing that I'm missing...

Whatever - instead that I reserve-engineer something and/or just 'Try' and waste a lot of time:

It would be much simpler if a Tester would start a request in his tester-forum and ask for Dev input.

A) how to mask the TAD texture - so it didn't spawns to the knee-board ?

and/or

B) how to bring the Knee-board to another level while keeping the User-Charts intact?

Maybe it's just a very simple edit to bring the Kneeboard to full function while it is rendered near a MFCD export in the A-10C.

Maybe this behaviour is also the main culprit why we don't have the knee-board implemented in the A-10C by default in 1.2.4 , while all others modules use it - who knows?!

Edited by PeterP

another workaround:

This dose't fix the export , but it will render the Kneeboard inside the cockpit ,

so you are still able to get all info from the charts even if no "KNEEBORD" entry is defined in your "MiltimonitorSetup".lua

Go to

\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\indicator\init.lua

and delete/comment out line # 49 , example:

from this:

purposes = {100,render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW}

to this

-- purposes = {100,render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW}

Screen_130604_072330_zps8f32f7e7.jpg

Hi PeterP.

Great mod, very useful.

It´s possible yo include a fix por Ka-50 also? Could be great to have such powerful toy in my loved Kamov.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

It already works (PeterP rules !). You just have to use http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1748616&postcount=33 with a little modification I made http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1771104&postcount=44

SoftTH_dcs.exe_2013_06_05_17_11_03_35.thumb.jpg.d3d9ce98273a7f5e903c49f132653bca.jpg

SoftTH_dcs.exe_2013_06_05_17_12_08_52.thumb.jpg.b0e76add29e63727e7deb67a32bb7813.jpg

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

- yes , but this 'early files' that got leaked by Icemaker are not fully compatible with this mod (I never wanted to make a public release with them - they where just meant for showcasing something to him during a e-mail/skype conversation).

My version looks right now like this :

Screen_130605_163226_zps2726ea11.jpg

"fixed" in-cockpit UH-1H kneeboard position:

Screen_130605_171157_zps2444b911.jpg

... Please have some patience - I'm not a 'coding machine' - and the read-me/explanation wants also to be written...

... the family have to be feed - bills have to be paid.;)

- expect a new version within the next two to four days.

In the meantime you are free to use the links that lefuneste01

gave you - but don't expect any assistance on how to make it work together with this 'Kneeboard-base-mod'.

working out functional FC3 in-cockpit positions.
Edited by PeterP

...even working out a new border with a iPad skin ,or similar, ( Click-able?! ), to make it absulute plausible why the kneeboard is always bright and shiny, also at night , and not influenced by the ambient light when rendered in-cockpit .

Screen_130605_171157_zps5b224607.jpg

Edited by PeterP

...even working out a new border with a iPad skin ,or similar, ( Click-able?! ), to make it absulute plausible why the kneeboard is always bright and shiny,

brilliant idea !

But be careful with Apple guys, they are so greedy that they can register a complain about you because you used a IPAD image without paying them !

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Don't worry ! :) - here is the current look:

Blue-light buttons and a green status light - also different frame-size as an iPad ... -just a very generic tablet design.

Screen_130606_234108_zps5415faa1.jpg

With NVG in the P-51D:

Screen_130606_234653_zpsfd124901.jpg

Edited by PeterP

Good news:

I think that I finally fixed the 'A-10C TAD bug'

tadfix_zpsb1a01599.jpg

Above shows the Kneeboard Chart side-by-side and a little overlapping rendered with the TAD. - I flew two times one of the instance missions and it seems that I didn't introduced another bug with this fix.

Will now put together a new package that includes this fix for the A-10C and also fixes the Ka-50.

This version will also allow you to place the Kneeboard independently for each module and you can decide if you want it as in-cockpit render or as view-port , also independently for each module. .

Edited by PeterP

Thank you PeterP, much appreciated.

Regards,

Milli

Thank you!

Right now preparing the documentation - will finish it after the Montreal F1 Grand-Prix broadcast is over.

EDIT:

Sorry, no new version today - I'm too exhausted - was coding the whole weekend and dinging my way in the MFCD's structure to find a fix for the A-10C tad bug , well , the fix was very easy to do in the end , but first I had to go through almost every file that is chained to the MFCD's to understand the whole structure/logic and how they are coded. ...

whatever

I will finish a easy usable Mod during the next days as time allows it .

here are some picture of all available modes - you can hide/show the Kneeboard-'Tablet' regardless if it is rendered in-cockpit or you have assigned a viewport:

DCSWORLD_and_FC3_KNEEBOARD =

DCSWORLD_and_FC3_KNEEBOARDviewport_zps0da820e3.jpg

DCSWORLD_and_FC3_KNEEBOARDInCockpit_zps5bb35bb9.jpg

ED_A10C_KNEEBOARD =

ED_A10C_KNEEBOARDviewport_zps1f5131d4.jpg

ED_A10C_KNEEBOARDInCockpit_zps73aa5ffd.jpg

ED_KA50_KNEEBOARD =

ED_KA50_KNEEBOARDviewport_zps501dc6c3.jpg

ED_KA50_KNEEBOARDInCockpit_zpscef6e7da.jpg

ED_P51D_KNEEBOARD =

ED_P51D_KNEEBOARDviewport_zpse55a4b84.jpg

ED_P51D_KNEEBOARDInCockpit_zps12feccf4.jpg

BST_UH1H_KNEEBOARD =

BST_UH1H_KNEEBOARDviewport_zpse99ad482.jpg

BST_UH1H_KNEEBOARDInCockpit_zps0da1fdc0.jpg

Edited by PeterP

That's looking awesome Peter.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Hot Fix for

TAD sharing the same level

Is now attached to the first post.

Please make some excessive tests with a A-10C Helios set-up if there are no other Bugs introduced by this fix.

I had to change the MFCD render to fix it.

It would help me vastly to bring out the new version much quicker if I would get some response if it works in all different MFCD modes and doesn't interrupts other exports of displays in the A-10C.

EDIT:

If you found a bug:

Please attach a track , and your used 'multimonitorsetup.lua' . Name also the time-frame when 'IT' happened (Preferable also a screenshot) - so it is easy for me to recreate the current state of the MFCD mode and I see exactly what you have done.

(...because its very hard to debug the MFCD once you fiddled around with it's different layers and you were not at all involved while it was designed ...)

Thanks !

Edited by PeterP