DCS World- 4 Cores or 6 Cores?

2 cores

1 for the SIM, A.I.,...

1 for the Sound engine.

So, 4 cores is enough

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

An i5 can be faster than an i7 for gaming according to the benchmarks I've seen, but if you are planning to record or stream your games then an i7 can be worth the investment because you'll be running extra applications in the background that can use those extra cores.

I personally don't know any game using 6 cores, DCS uses 2 cores as said above, but hey look in the future, a nice quadcore will do the job on other games such as Arma or Cliffs of Dover maybe and DCS will probably evolve to use 4 cores.

Looking at the prices, I don't see the point for a 6 cores, unless you do some 3D modeling for example.

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

perhaps try removing DCS' core affinity from Core#0. Tools like ProcessLasso can do the job well. I'm not aware of a command switch that would do the same thing on the shortcut, or an event in the Scheduler that could perform the same task.

I don't always openly list my things. But when I do, I put it in my signature.