NEW UH1 Huey Mission by IADC

Aircraft Type - UH1 HUEY

Release Date: 19th July 2013

Mission Name: Rotor Head

Mission Designer: IADC (Crusty Jim)

MISSION LINK

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6M4tgeFw-NNMVcyUENTZk1nXzA&usp=sharing

Overview – Rotor Head is a UH1 Huey mission that is taken from a much larger mission that is in the build called Battle of Payback. I broke out the UH1 section of the mission and turned it into a Single/2-ship multiplayer version because I had so much fun making this I thought that it would be a waste to just have it incorporated into Battle of Payback and not be made available for single player or just two players to fly the Huey around as I know there are many out there who don’t play online.

The mission Battle of Payback unfortunately will only be a multi role mission where close coordination between several pilots flying the A10C – KA50 and UH1 will bring ultimate success. I hope you enjoy flying this section of the mission as much as I did making it.

The Big Picture – Tensions along the border demarcation between Senaki and Martvili with Russian forces have been running high for several days. Intelligence sources confirm that the Ruskies are planning to deploy an SA10 system 11 miles NE of Senaki which will render Senaki as inoperable in the event Hostilities break out. It was agreed in the past between both sides that long range air defense assets would not be deployed near each other’s military air bases. Intelligence sources also confirm the enemy forces based in the village of Dizhiha plan to thrust their armor units south in an attempt to take control on the smaller village of Gedzheti giving them a bigger cushion to defend their SA10 deployment area. Gedzheti is currently under US control and has Recon teams based on the northern perimeter of the village keeping an eyball on the activity in Dizhiha.

The best form of defense is a good offense. US forces are sending a Heavy Armor division north to meet the impending attack and then they will try to force their way through to the SA10 staging area. Before the heavy armor reaches Dizhiha A10 aircraft are going to soften up the heavy armor that looks to be massing for a push to the south to take over our observation posts held by US forces. KA 50 attack helicopters are going to lay in wait for the SA 10 convoy moving down from Martvili and destroy the system before it becomes operational.

Once the Heavy armor reaches Gedzheti AH1 Cobra Gunships will provide CAS as they move up to Dizhiha. By this time the A10 CAS strike should have destroyed most of the heavy armor assets in the area allowing the US armor to push through to take the SA10 site and destroy any assets there as well.

You’re Mission – Springfield will be providing CSAR and CASVAC for the upcoming fight code named Battle of Payback. Once the lead starts flying and A10 CAS/SEAD flight engages the enemy air defense units we know the enemy is going to thrust south to try and take our observation positions in the north of Gedaheti. Your primary roll today is to pull out the JTAC team call sign Warrior from the front line once the SA15’s defenses have been taken out and the enemy armor starts pushing south.

Once your primary assignment is over you will be on call for CSAR and CASVAC missions in support of the US ground and air forces operation in the area. Your home plate and drop off LZ for all missions is Kholki. You are required to return to this base after each successful OP is conducted.

If you get shot down or crash and there are two of you, missions can be completed with one UH1 or the crash victim can go fetch himself a new bird.

Operational Units

Springfield – 2 x UH1 Transport Helicopter units.

UZI – 2 x KA50 Attack Helicopters

Boar – 2 x A10C CAS/SEAD aircraft.

Pig – 2 x A10C CAS/SEAD aircraft

Colt – 2 x AH1 Cobra Attack Helicopters

Warrior – JTAC forward observation Unit

Road Kill – US Heavy Armor units pushing north in defense of Gedaheti.

Operation Comms – 251.000 all flights. Mission progress can be monitored on this channel.

I would strongly suggest you take time to study the F10 map in game when waiting for your tasking so you are properly orientated with the battle plan. You will also find units on the map that pertain to your missions so you can properly plan your route so not to run across something that will blow you out the sky.

I have played this mission about 10 times now in testing it and I am surprised how the final outcome changes each time with the battle that goes on around you. The base of Kholki is your safe zone. It is heavily defended.

Have fun and if you play it and find a problem or a bug please have the decency to tell me so I can fix it for others. It takes a lot of time and effort to produce decent missions so do your part to make them better for everyone else. Thanks

1105088314_RotorHeadMap.thumb.png.5f5482f618c1be41f41013b3c34a7dec.png

• Like 1

Guys if you have Down Loaded this mission before I posted this message please down load again as there was a trigger problem that took some time to resolve and several tests to make sure it runs ok

I made the A10s and KA50s flyable and flew the mission with some SimHQ buddies with 2 A10s and 2 Hueys tonight. A good time was had by all and everything seemed to run Okay. The CCR music was a nice touch for this old man. Can't wait for the whole mission to be completed and I'll be watching for it. Once again....great job sir.:thumbup:

Guys I have had some great feed back by PM on some things that could be tweaked to prevent triggers going off to early and maybe some confusion on the targets for the last UH1 mission. Anyway I will try to do those changes today so all of you who have not flown it yet can DL the latest update.

Blooze thats cool you opened up the A10's as well and it worked to certain degree. Lots more objective triggers to add yet to finish things off for the A10 and KA50 slots. Yeah I also liked the CCR Music touch, that tickled me adding that.

People please hold off playing the mission until I can get several fixes in that have been reported as well as adding another few tasks as requested by the several PM that have come in asking for it.

If you have an idea for a task you would like to see then please tell me and Ill be happy to add it.

Thanks very much for the work but where do I take the JTAC team once I have them?

Was in the brief on the first post.

"You’re Mission – Springfield will be providing CSAR and CASVAC for the upcoming fight code named Battle of Payback. Once the lead starts flying and A10 CAS/SEAD flight engages the enemy air defense units we know the enemy is going to thrust south to try and take our observation positions in the north of Gedaheti. Your primary roll today is to pull out the JTAC team call sign Warrior from the front line once the SA15’s defenses have been taken out and the enemy armor starts pushing south.

Once your primary assignment is over you will be on call for CSAR and CASVAC missions in support of the US ground and air forces operation in the area. Your home plate and drop off LZ for all missions is Kholki. You are required to return to this base after each successful OP is conducted.

If you get shot down or crash and there are two of you, missions can be completed with one UH1 or the crash victim can go fetch himself a new bird."

Was in the brief on the first post.

:doh:Ah sorry, it's not in the actual mission briefing itself, might be an idea to put it in there to remove the need to refer back to an internet forum when you're simming and all you have is the mission briefing in the simulator to consult for mission data:smartass:

:doh:Ah sorry, it's not in the actual mission briefing itself, might be an idea to put it in there to remove the need to refer back to an internet forum when you're simming and all you have is the mission briefing in the simulator to consult for mission data:smartass:

Yeah I will do that. That is what happens when I have several briefs going and I forget what information is where. You are correct that is valuable info that should be in the brief. I am sure if you asked the the JTAC team they would have said down the Pub and that would have caused more problems with the CO.:megalol:

iADC. Can I fly this mission with all the aircraft flyable? (UH-1H, Ka50 and A10C)?

BAD, I plan to release a version of this which is a mission called Battle of Payback. This version will have flyable A10/KA50 and UH1 aircraft. I am working on this now and I had hoped to get it out before this weekend but it will be touch and go as I am away for 3 weeks from Saturday.

Cheers

• 4 months later...