upgrading DCS BS 1 from direct2drive / gamefly

Geezuz

maybe try to deactivate, deleting the registry entry, then reactivating. I never had any issues with the upgrade so I dont know if this will help. You can fly a single player mission with no issues? The way I always installed was bs1 then single player instant mission to activate. Then bs2 and haven't had an issue.

I'll try that. I'm guessing the key is something obvious? So I don't delete the wrong thing.

To be clear, by deactivating you mean doing so by deleteing the key right? That's not two separate steps?

Edited by Geezuz

Before you do that, The email address that u were using when you 1st got BS1 is it the same email address that you are using with DCS World? IF the two are not the same you need to remember what your old login was. I think they are binded to the address. I think.

Edited by slowhand

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Two separate steps. If you run the activation exe(I think protect.exe) in the bin folder there is an option to deactivate. It will give you a hardware key to paste at the end of your serial number(serial:hardware key) to prevent losing an activation. Then in the registry delete the key. A search of the forum should find a post that tells you where it should be. As for the account binding I'm not sure how that works with bs1. I also had the d2d version but never played online.

Make sure you run dcs as administrator also.

Edited by pacotito

Pacotito

I7-5820k@4.5 Z99 extreme4 16gb ddr4

520gb ssd. Gigabyte ssc GTX960 SSC 4gb

Before you do that, The email address that u were using when you 1st got BS1 is it the same email address that you are using with DCS World? IF the two are not the same you need to remember what your old login was. I think they are binded to the address. I think.

I think it should be - I have been using the same email address for years now. However, if this is bound in any other way - user name or whatnot; then it's possible.

Question though - can I simply reset them both to make sure rather than tracking down what they were?

Two separate steps. If you run the activation exe(I think protect.exe) in the bin folder there is an option to deactivate. It will give you a hardware key to paste at the end of your serial number(serial:hardware key) to prevent losing an activation. Then in the registry delete the key. A search of the forum should find a post that tells you where it should be. As for the account binding I'm not sure how that works with bs1. I also had the d2d version but never played online.

Make sure you run dcs as administrator also.

Thanks, I'll do that. Is it crucial to install BS1 as admin? Lastly, what about the udpate...I've heard rumors to can't have that installed when trying to upgrade?

Almost done with work so I get to try it out soon ;)

Yes run all dcs products as admin. Its also recommend to be installed in a non program files(c:\program files) directory. I have mine installed in c:\games\dcs. As for the update I'm not sure. With the last sale I went ahead and purchased to full version.

It would be bound to your dcs store login or the first user to use it on mp. My bs1 was never on my purchase history though so I can't answer if bs1 is bound to an account.

Edited by pacotito

Pacotito

Well I deactivated and reactivated and it's still the same. I am still told that BS1 needs to be installed and activated...Which it is because I just done it.

This is quite ridiculous tbh. I hope someone answers my support ticket eventually. I guess I should have spent $10 more but then again, this should not be so difficult.

I do really appreciate the help though. I'd love to fly, and actually would get the Huey beta in a heartbeat but right now I am not so sure. I am somewhat weary of even trying to get my A-10 install from steam to work in dcs world...

Yes bs2 upgrade is a pain although like I said I never had an issue. If its installed and you can fly bs2 should install.A10 should work without a problem. Download the module and see. Anything bought from the dcs store will work without issues aside from bs2 with the upgrade issues. There's usually a very long wait on support tickets. Etherealn is usually good at helping with these types of issues.

Edited by pacotito

Pacotito

I don't think it has been mentioned here yet, but a similar problem I saw a member experience was with having the correct versions of world and module. After you installed world, if you let it auto-update before installing the module, its possible it has a different version number and wont install. Version number is very important.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

I'll give these a shot when i get home today. Although I am at a point where it's really not worth my time anymore...I've spent way too much time on this already.

And if response to my ticket is slow enough I might be done with DCS altogether...with wife and child I get little time already for gaming, I really don't want to spend it watching a progress bar installing things over and over. What a shame...

Actually, one more quick question. how long am i supposed to wait for support to even acknowledge my ticket?

because I am seriously considering to just retracting the payment - at this point I am considering the upgrade as not working, and I don't want to wait for months to get value for the money i've already given.

Hey Geez did you ck out that link? there is another link on that same page to the code key page and how to unbind them..:music_whistling:

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Hey Geez, Sry to hear tht was a no go. I guess you will have to wait on your ticket.

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

Anytime, Don't give up yet. I'm waiting to talk to a bud of mine that had the same trouble with his bs1 from D2D..i'll get back to ya..

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

That's odd I never had any issues with my d2d version. I'm not sure what version I last installed on but maybe try an older version of dcs. Maybe something in the new version is not working right?

Pacotito

Steps

1: Uninstall all your DCS stuff. Delete all folders in program files relating to DCS

2: Download the latest version of DCS World from this site.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/dcs_world/

3: Install it to C:\DCS. Or a drive letter of your choice. Make sure DCS is the root folder.

4: Run DCS world once.

5: Download and Install BS1 in to C:\ BS1

Get it from here : http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/previous_versions/dcs_black_shark_english/

6: Run BS1 using the shortcuts on your desktop.

If it asks you to activate, activate it. If it doesn't. Good. If it does ask to activate, then use the serial you got from gamefly. The serial is all that matters.

7: Install BS 2 upgrade after downloading it from here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/modules/dcs_black_shark_2_upgrade/

Installing this upgrade should find your DCS World folder, or c:\DCS and should see that you have BS1 installed and activated. WHen running DCS World, activate it your BS2 upgrade using your BS2 upgrade serial.

Step 8:

Run DCS World. Play.

I hope it does work for you. Sorry if I'm not helping.

Night!

Edited by Bodo

Corsair 550D / Be Quiet 650W Pro 10 / ASUS P8Z77-V Pro / Intel i5 3570K / 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz / EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2 4GB / 128GB Samsung 830 / RME HDSPe Multiface 2 / 1TB Samsung F3 / Prolimatech Megalames Rev. B / Windows 10 / BenQ XL2420T / Saitek X52 Pro / Kone Pure+ / Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja