Speedmaster Flight Review

damnfoolman

Hi all,

OK so, I ordered the Flight seat from Speedmaster in Germany, and paid online.

It took 5 day's from order to delivery which for €40 is very good indeed.

The seat came in two boxes, one with the seat itself, and the other (Heavy) box with the frames and surfaces.

9293005434_c18b466eb8_b.jpg

The pieces fitted together very well, although I did need to make an adjustment for the seat and centre joystick mount, just needed to drill out the panel as it was around 3mm too narrow to align with the seat/bolt fixing.

9290292323_da3992b99c_b.jpg

The seat itself is firm and sturdy on the base. It also has a slider built into it so you can adjust distance from the pedals/consoles. This also makes getting in and out easier.

9293040328_089f8eea93_b.jpg

9336566924_d323825755_b.jpg

I took my Warthog Stick off of the base by removing the 4 screws. Using the base as a template I drilled holes into the plate which sits under the seat. I did need to go and buy 4 longer screws to attach the stick as the original screws are about 5mm too short. These cost very little indeed and were in the first hardware store I visited.

9293032992_be3b072422_b.jpg

I already had a basic stand from my original cockpit, and amazingly it works with the Speedmaster! Perfect height and distance for the screen to sit. Just plain luck.

9290271503_8182d16e55_b.jpg

I attached all of the controls, which fit extremely well. I thought the MFD's might be a problem sitting near the screen, but they don't obstruct the view much at all.

9293025684_7042a29259_h.jpg

9336576198_5c6983eb99_b.jpg

9333769967_5ecaf73d3d_b.jpg

I have to say I'm very pleased with the seat. It is extremely functional, and comfortable too. I'm 1.9m tall and 90kgs so 6ft 2" and 14Stn And I fit in very easily.

To keep the review honest and impartial I have to put the good and bad out there.

I did recieve some damaged parts, but it was not a problem for me as I'm not that worried. But if you were a perfectionist it might bother you. A scratched foot plate, and some damage to the keyboard section, which had been badly repaired...again not a big issue for me. You cannot see the scratches on the footplate as it's covered by the pedals, and the corner is so dark as to be almost invisible unless you really look for it.

9293061874_571c3cae59_b.jpg

9290278713_265dc43020_b.jpg

So in conclusion.

If you are looking for a good compact seat, this is perfect. Especially for the Thrustmaster Warthog controls.

My customer experience with Speedmaster was second to none, good communications and I was provided with tracking information for the delivery. Purchasing online through Paypal is simplicity itself, and allows great security too.

Think about how you will set up your screen, they do also sell a screen mount too.

I can say I'm very satisfied with the product.

I hope someone finds this review to be helpful.

Dave.

Awesome, and only 40 euro's ?

Couldn't make it myself for that money if i wanted to.

Sounds like a steal really, afraid i will need to tear down my desk and build a new one though cause it would be to high and to deep.

Out of curiosity, what size monitor your using? (tv?)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Awesome, and only 40 euro's ?

That's probably the delivery charge :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Hi,

Sorry I should have been clearer on the cost!

40 Euro for the delivery and 480 Euro for the seat.

It says on the site that you pay extra for the right side shelf, but it came with mine at no additional cost.

The monitor is an LG 42"

Worst thing is that after installing everything my PC took a BIOS Flash and stopped working. It's in the shop being fixed under warranty. I took a laptop home from work but it's so awfully slow I've given up trying to run A10. :doh:

Should be fixed and back in time for a weekend of flying.

Hope I've not forgotten everything I've managed to learn....

Thanks for the comments guy's

Dave

I have a VolairSim seat and it has a very similar frame design. I wish it had that center mount though.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...