Emm How do I get the Su25 cockpit....

.......for flying the Mig 25 Foxbat? All I get is the Su33 cockpit and I want the Su25 one insteadIts a real pain not being able to have the Su25 cockpit so any know how to wipe my mizzery away :)

Sorry for all topics asking probably very simple questions with simple answers.

Thank you in advance.

Mizzy

You copy the Su25 cockpit model, and paste it back in with the MiG25 name attached to it.

Wasn't it going to be the MiG23 Flogger, anyway?

IIRC, the cockpit files are to be found in the Bazar\World\Shapes folder, with the name format Kabina-su-25.lom

Change the su to mig, and all should be well :)

You copy the Su25 cockpit model, and paste it back in with the MiG25 name attached to it.

Wasn't it going to be the MiG23 Flogger, anyway?

IIRC, the cockpit files are to be found in the Bazar\World\Shapes folder, with the name format Kabina-su-25.lom

Change the su to mig, and all should be well :)

Thank you Brit, much appreciated.

Yes I will be doing it for the Flogger (didn't know it was called that) as well :)

Wolverine, I am not sure what you mean, I thought the Mig 25 had a radar of some description but realism isn't the main issue here sorry. Please don't laugh but I want the Su25 cockpit cos the canopy opens up the same way it does on the Foxbat :) That's about as real as I get LOL

Mizzy.

Can't find a file called kabina-si-25.lom I can find the glass one but doesn't do anything.

Brit I am stupid when it comes to these things so what do I do again, rename which file into what name?

Thank you

Mizzy

Thank you Brit, much appreciated.

Yes I will be doing it for the Flogger (didn't know it was called that) as well :)

Wolverine, I am not sure what you mean, I thought the Mig 25 had a radar of some description but realism isn't the main issue here sorry. Please don't laugh but I want the Su25 cockpit cos the canopy opens up the same way it does on the Foxbat :) That's about as real as I get LOL

Mizzy.

Hmmn - the Su25T has a canopy that opens to the right, a HUD, and an MFD - might work better for the MiG25.

The MiG23 is old, knackered, and simple enough for the Su25 cockpit to be a good substitute.

(edit - although a HUD will display on the Su25 reflector sight anyway, but nevermind that)

The reason you can't find the Kabina-su-25.lom file is because it isn't there - my apologies :p

Lomac has two shape file types - .lom, which is a file written specially for Lomac, and .cmd . . . which is usually a Flanker 2 file type compatible with Lomac.

The Su25 cockpit file, despite not actually being from Flanker, is Kabina-su-25.cmd

You need to make a copy, and rename that copy to Kabina.mig-25.cmd

Do the same for the glass file as well.

. . . Then post screenies ;)

Wolve

I am not sure what it means really, I don't shoot down anything in LOMAC, I have one air to air kill to date and that was recent. I can't work all the radar stuff out and what it means. A radarless Mig25 won't mean much to me. I do appreciate that most here need the realistic thingy but I just fly around and occassionally have a bit of a fight but never get anywhere when I do.

I don't like Microsoft FS or Falcon 4 which I play but that's worse than LOMAC. Believe me I have a wonderful time playing LOMAC trying to land on a ship and in bad weather and have lots of flights with loads of aircraft in the sky but as far as my fighting skills are concerned its a bit like Andy Pandy taking on Mike Tyson... shudder the thought.

Mizzy

Ah so it doesn't matter because you only want it for free flight. Rgr got you now. I though you also wanted to use it to fight as well.

Yep thats right just faff about flying from one part of virtual airspace to the other. But this doesn't mean we have to ignore each other do we LOL :)

Thank again Brit, I will try that but time has run out tonite for my online/offline computer shinanigins,I will try tomorrow and see what, can't wait to fly my Mig 25 from Russia to Crimea at Mach 2 hehe.

Mizzy

In the folder C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Bazar\World\Shapes find the files kabina-su-25 & Kabina-SU-25-GLASS.lom

copy both files and rename them to kabina-mig-25 & Kabina-MIG-25-GLASS.lom

Why? ;)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Mizzy wants to use the Mig-25 with a Su-25 cockpit. Brit told her what to do but she was confused so I was simply expanding on his instructions to make them clearer.

Wether it works or not is a different matter. :icon_lol:

Ah sorry - I didnt read through the whole thread :icon_redf .

No it doesnt work :) . It only works for the MiG-29K and Su-39 because these are defined as "flyables" with seperately named cockpit files in the lockon.exe. Besides, you cannot just "guess" what to call the cockpit 3D files - they need to be named exactly as stated in the lockon.exe.....one wrong character and the sim wont recognise them.

All other AI-entries - including the MiG-25 - are issued a default cockpit(the Su-27 one) when set to player control via the "HumanCockpit" bit. So in order to give the MiG-25 a different cockpit environment you would actually need to do a "file-swap" - i.e. rename the two cockpit files for whatever cockpit you want to "Kabina-27.cmd" and "Kabina-SU-27-GLASS.lom".....which in turn means that this will affect both the Su-27 and Su-33 entries as well, as they both use these Su-27 cockpit 3D files.

Finally, the Su-25 cockpit files might not work for the MiG-25 entry at all, because there needs to be coherence between the cockpit files and code associated with the aircraft entry. As an example you can use the Su-33 cockpit for the MiG-29(doesnt give the MiG-29 any Su-33 functionality though), but you cannot use the MiG-29 cockpit for the Su-33.....the sim just wont load the cockpit at all.

So...:)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Hmmn, thought it worked - oh well.

There was another thread I remember many moons ago - involved stuff like A10 cockpits on the Su33.

There was a way to do it that may prove interesting/useful . . . . I can't remember how, and I can't remember the thread.

Any ideas.

Alpha is right, it doesn't work

oh bum can't fly the Mig 23 no folding wings, Flying the foxbat with Su27 cockpit isn't too bad actually, at least I have control!! ....Now where have I heard that saying ;)

Thanks anyway, much appreciated.

Mizzy

Finally, the Su-25 cockpit files might not work for the MiG-25 entry at all, because there needs to be coherence between the cockpit files and code associated with the aircraft entry. As an example you can use the Su-33 cockpit for the MiG-29(doesnt give the MiG-29 any Su-33 functionality though), but you cannot use the MiG-29 cockpit for the Su-33.....the sim just wont load the cockpit at all.

So...:)

Cheers,

- JJ.

You're head on with your post, but only the last piece of text contains practical errors :p I've been experimenting with other cockpits, and they all work fine, but, "active" components inside the cockpit, such as hud symbology, the tactical display in the su-27/mig-29 cockpits will only work on planes with such capability AND FLYABLE, so you will get a normal looking su-27/mig-29/Su-25T cockpit when you fly the F-5, but all the symbology, in the case of a Su-25T cockpit, will be shown on the TV screen (which looks ugly and low-res).

Alternatively, when you decide to give the su-25T a new cockpit, the one from the su-27 for example, the TV screen image will be projected on the tactical dysplay, and you'll get a nifty countermeasure counter shown somewhere near the fuel guage. The TV image will be very sharp on the MFD of the su-27, as the size of it is smaller, while retaining the same resoloution (and it looks cool, as if you have a su-27 with an optical pod).

However, when you for example, try the su-25T cockpit on the Su-25, you will not get a HUD, and no Shkval ssytem either, insead the optical targeting reticle from the su-25 will show on your su-25T HUD, and nothing more, so no nad data, no bank angles, nothing, just that yellow crossair, as in the default su-25 cockpit.

Oh, and giving the su-25T the su-27 cockpit will not give it afterburners or something, it will just be the piggy it was, just with another cockpit, and no HMS either.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

• 5 months later...

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm also developing this strange attraction to old planes, like Su-17 and MiG-23. There's no hope of getting an add-on with this oldtimers, is there :/ I'd love a sim from this era which is not as simplified as WOV and has LOMAC's graphics.

Ah, least i have my vanilla Su-25...

mt-2003-sun-corona.jpg