Su-25A framerate

Ghanja

I've noticed the SU-25A in cockpit frame rates are suffering. I'm hoping it's just a 1.2.5 thing because I'm not getting the smoothness I had in 1.2.4 with the UH-1H either, more stuttering for sure.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

Having the same issues, noticeable stutters looking around cockpit and severe stutters when close to airports. I do not have this issue with the a-10c.

i7-4790k stock 4.4 / gtx 980ti / 16gb ram / 256gb ssd (os) / 256gb ssd for apps / Acer XB27OHU 27" g-sync

The FPS is little lower in Su-25A compared to A-10A and A-10C, so this is normal (different cockpits have different CPU utilization, some have canopy scratches while others don't, and different features and shapes so it's normal to have bit different FPS)... so this is not just your machine

I can tell you that on my machine in F1 view at Batumi I get

UH-1H 18fps

Mi-8MTV2 15fps

Ka-50 21fps

P-51D 25fps

A-10A 26fps

A-10C 22fps

F-15C 28fps

MiG-29's 30fps

Su-25A 20fps

Su-25T 23fps

Su-27 17fps

Su-33 31fps

As you can see beside Mi-8 which is still WIP, the SU-27 has lowest fps... so don't complain as I like to fly the Su-27 the most :)

you can see my PC config bellow... keep in mind I am running 3 monitors with 3 viewports, fps are quite better with 1 monitor.

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

Kuky I realise there are different FPS depending on cockpits. But should the difference really be so big, since the Su-25 do not have MFD´s, clickable buttons and other sensor functions?

When I tell you what FPS I have, in cockpit, you would not complain about the Su-27... :D

8-10 FPS in the A-10C depending on weather... :music_whistling: You know when you are a DCS addict when you are out of money, and thinking about getting it the criminal way to fund my DCS experience by buying myself a new PC haha!

[sIGPIC]sigpic70266_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

Snooze-81st-vFS

Well I hate to break it to you but if you are getting 8-10fps in A-10C (and especially if this is on single monitor) and I can get double that with 3 monitors/viewports on fairly high settings, then you really need to upgrade that PC, you can't expect ED to cater to keep improving graphics graphics and have good (and more of) simulation of FM, avionics etc and have high fps on older PC's as this all simply eats up CPU and GPU cycles.

I am really anxious about what EDGE might bring, hopefully it will add some multithreading to the graphics engine in which case even older multi-core CPU's should fair better... but for this is still wait and see... I have my fingers crossed...

No longer active in DCS...

Something weird must be going on your systems. With my current settings If i put the SU-25 on the runway F1 view witout anything else on the map i get 101 fps looking straight ahead and 45 fps looking to the right ay Batumi city. Only thing which have major impact is if i have Shadows at HIGH then i get around 85 and 42 fps in those views. I have one change in graphics.lua thats all. LodMult= 0.3. Doesn't impact eyecandy at all i think. I do run 1600x900 though to see fonts better...

EDIT: It's the SU-25 from FC3

Edited by xracer

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't know what it is, but in the su-25 I'm also seeing very annoying frame rate stuttering.

I don't know if its the precense of Bradley's in the small mission I've got for testing at Batumi airport(need to remove and test again), but as I start over the water the frames are fine. When I ingress over land, the frames stutter really bad and this is with mirrors off.

I need to test a mipmap cockpit Zealu provided me to test which I haven't gotten around to as yet.

I don't get this with other jets. :cry:

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

Post the mission then with an exact route where the problems arise so we can test. Will only do 1 monitor though.

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]