TGP in AA Mode

LMoS

Could anyone please tell me how on earth to scan without the same A to G diamond? It's such a royal pain in the ass to find anything unless they're pumping flares or smoking. Am I missing something here?

Edited by LMoS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus P8Z77-M PRO // Core i7 -3770K@ 4300MHz // 8GB DDR3 1600 Kingston HyperX Blu // x4 WD Black HDD RAID0 // GeForce GTX 660 Ti x3 SLI /// Sound Blaster EVO ZXR Headphones /// Logitech K800 KB // Logitech G700 Mouse // TrackIR with

:D:D Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog :D:D

Could anyone please tell me how on earth they scan without the same AG diamond?

Set the depressible pipper to the AA TGP boresight position, ie set the Depressible Pipper to 41 mils (3 degrees) (Press rocker switch downwards 41 times).

This will effectively make the DP a sight that you can use as a reference so that you always know where your TGP is looking in AA mode.

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Genius! I never thought of that. You're talking about the circular icon that moves if you try and slew the TGP uncaged right?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus P8Z77-M PRO // Core i7 -3770K@ 4300MHz // 8GB DDR3 1600 Kingston HyperX Blu // x4 WD Black HDD RAID0 // GeForce GTX 660 Ti x3 SLI /// Sound Blaster EVO ZXR Headphones /// Logitech K800 KB // Logitech G700 Mouse // TrackIR with

:D:D Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog :D:D

The other option is to slave an AIM-9 to the TGP line of sight (assuming you have an AIM-9). That should make it so the A-A TGP line of sight has a small circle around it.

...given how tough it can be to slew the TGP in A-A mode while flying, I think Vipers idea is the best. The depressible pipper is a dashed circle that, by default, lives at the top of your HUD

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

This thread seems like a good place to ask about an issue I am having with AA and TGP. I have a stand alone vs 1.1.1.1 A-10C and the vs 1.2.6 from within DCS World. On the stand alone version, I activate TGP then slew to a target and lock on. The target shows in a small rectangle in the middle of the screen. That target remains locked even if I maneuver slightly to attack another target. Then I can maneuver to the first target to attack and watch the AIM-9 hit the target in the TGP view.

In version 1.2.6, the TGP loses the first locked target when I do the maneuver to the second target.

Any ideas why the difference?

Thanks for any ideas, Jim

It's not really clear to me what you are doing exactly. You slew the TGP and then what is it that you maneuver? Where does the Aim-9 come from? Did you slave your Aim-9 seeker to the SPI??

The TGP can not track multiple targets. If you slew the TGP away from a tracked object, it will obviously lose the track. Tracking an object with the TGP is also something completely different from getting and keeping a target locked by a weapon.

I also see no benefit nor sense to play a version of A-10C that is about 2 years old.

Well, I like to see the Aim-9 hit the target in the TGP view. Maneuver? obviously, maneuver the A-10C! Lock Yeah, keep the TGP on the target. AND, I have two targets. I want the TGP on the second target while I shoot the first target. Then I take pleasure in going after the second target and watching the Aim-9 hit the target in the TGP view.

Hey, that is just my preference. The question is why does the TGP lose the target in version 1.2.6?

Thanks, Jim

hawkeye, you do know that the AIM-9 does lock the target, not the TGP, don't you?

Yes of course. BUT, the TGP also "locks" or "stays" pointed at the target when you slew to a target, get it in the middle of the TGP page and then press left Crtl and up arrow. In version 1.1.1.1, the second target continues to show on the TGP page while I maneuver the A-10C and shoot the first target. In version 1.2.6, the TGP loses the second target when I maneuver the A-10C to shoot the first target.

Not a big deal I guess, but why the difference?

Regards, Jim

I dont understand where your second target comes in. The TGP isnt capable to track more than one target.

I can only imagine that what you are saying is you track target B with the TGP while attacking target A after tracking/locking it with your AIM-9. And after firing the AIM-9 on target A you notice that the TGP has lost the tracking of target B. Is that your case?

It may also lose the track when being masked to long (by turning...). Coasting of the sensor is unlikely to bring back the track when unmasked again, as the aerial target will have moved away from the last 3D-coordinates. I dont think there is a coasting function in A-A as the TGP will fall back into RATES mode.

So after all I dont see anything to be put in question, everything working as intended.

I dont understand where your second target comes in. The TGP isnt capable to track more than one target.

I can only imagine that what you are saying is you track target B with the TGP while attacking target A after tracking/locking it with your AIM-9. And after firing the AIM-9 on target A you notice that the TGP has lost the tracking of target B. Is that your case?

Exactly! And, this only happens with Version 1.2.6. On version 1.1.1.1, the TGP continues to track target B.

And both versions have the exact same mission. I copied the .miz file from 1.1.1.1 to 1.2.6, then did a do nothing mission edit in 1.2.6 and renamed and saved the mission.

Here is a summary of the mission which I use for my amusement: Mission starts with target A slightly to the left and about 4 miles ahead. Target B is slightly to the right and about 7 miles ahead. I am in auto pilot flying straight ahead. I activate the TGP, slew to target B and begin tracking it. Then I disengage auto pilot, maneuver to get behind target A, close to about 2.5 miles, lock the aim-9 and shoot target A. Then I maneuver to get behind target B, close to about 2.5 miles, lock the aim-9, fire the aim-9 and watch the action on the TGP.

Except on version 1.2.6, the TGP loses tracking on target B shortly after I begin to maneuver to target A..

Regards, Jim

Ok, now I can follow your case. But still, the described situation doesn't really sound odd.

The TGP can and will lose tracks. Maneuvering is a major cause for that. So nothing to be suspicious about.

I guess they may have altered the tolerance thresholds for TGP that define it's ability to keep a track. Regard version 1.1.1.1 as what it is. An outdated two years old build of this simulation.

I would recommend to expect the actual version the more reliable one in aspects of simulation accuracy.