MI-8 ceiling lights ?

hypersonik

I can't get them to work, the switches on the triangle panels work, but the 2 switches on the lighting panel for general lights/cabin lights don't seem to function. it would be really nice to have a bright light for night starts and cockpit navigation when it's dark.

Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

https://www.youtube.com/user/504smudge

https://www.facebook.com/504smudge

• 7 months later...
Sigh, it even says Beta in the title. It's not a bug, it's simply not implemented yet. Reckon everything that isn't implemented in a Beta is a bug all of a sudden?

Cockpit lighting bugs are present in the huey as well, and that got out of beta ages ago and yet there's a new aircraft in the belsimtek subforum already. Neither aircraft is usable at night without improper workarounds. You have to admit that doesn't look good as far as care for product quality is concerned.

I'm sure people could think of many excuses but as a customer I see two things I bought already not getting proper attention and focus being shifted elsewhere.

The Huey and the Mi-8 are two different products, and whilst I have myself voiced disappointment at the lack of finished lightning systems in the Huey, saying that it is unusable due to this is taking it too far. All the cockpit lights in the Huey are functional, albeit together, and why would you need to have different levels of light at different parts in the cockpit?

But most importantly, the Mi-8 is very much still in Beta. The people who do systems aren't at all necessarily those involved in making e.g. the Sabre. The Beta status isn't an excuse for that particular lack; A Beta product doesn't require excuses for missing details.

The Huey and the Mi-8 are two different products, and whilst I have myself voiced disappointment at the lack of finished lightning systems in the Huey, saying that it is unusable due to this is taking it too far. All the cockpit lights in the Huey are functional, albeit together, and why would you need to have different levels of light at different parts in the cockpit?

But most importantly, the Mi-8 is very much still in Beta. The people who do systems aren't at all necessarily those involved in making e.g. the Sabre. The Beta status isn't an excuse for that particular lack; A Beta product doesn't require excuses for missing details.

Unlike you I prefer having less aircraft in higher fidelity. Just voicing my opinion here, no need to defend.

I'd much rather hear Belsimtek's position on this in the bug threads, that's all I'm trying to get.

Unfortunately I couldn't find any other means of customer support than the forum which doesn't look good to me either. I'd just like all the bugs people are raising to be acknowledged, tracked and either resolved or rejected. The status quo really sucks.

Just let us know your plans regarding existing aircraft, Belsimtek, please. It's not that hard.

Sigh, it even says Beta in the title. It's not a bug, it's simply not implemented yet. Reckon everything that isn't implemented in a Beta is a bug all of a sudden?

You do realize that this forum is for bugs and problems. While this isn't a bug it however is a problem.

Back on topic: +1. Domelights are very important for night starts.

3D modeler at Coretex Designs

• 4 weeks later...

+1. As for not calling it a bug now, I find that odd. There is a switch, that switch can be clicked, yet it does not function properly ( or at all, in this case.) It is a bug, and BETA is the time to fix the bug before release. A simple "REPORTED" would put this to rest and it need not be further discussed. Until then, I'll bump it because bugs like this have gotten through the Hueys BETA without ever being addressed.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

You do realize that this forum is for bugs and problems. While this isn't a bug it however is a problem.

Back on topic: +1. Domelights are very important for night starts.

Right. It's definitely is a problem so I don't know what you're complaining about. Plus I think I'm not alone in suspecting they're not gonna fix it anyway and just relabel the mi-8 as being 'out of beta' even without an english manual.

+1. As for not calling it a bug now, I find that odd. There is a switch, that switch can be clicked, yet it does not function properly ( or at all, in this case.) It is a bug, and BETA is the time to fix the bug before release. A simple "REPORTED" would put this to rest and it need not be further discussed. Until then, I'll bump it because bugs like this have gotten through the Hueys BETA without ever being addressed.

I agree 100%

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried out the lighting in the Mi-8 a few days ago, and the lighting works! I tried both dome lights, (right and left) and the white and red light options. They work now =)

The red seems a little saturated but, I don't really care, I can see the cockpit at night.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

• 3 years later...
Cockpit lighting bugs are present in the huey as well, and that got out of beta ages ago and yet there's a new aircraft in the belsimtek subforum already. Neither aircraft is usable at night without improper workarounds. You have to admit that doesn't look good as far as care for product quality is concerned.

I'm sure people could think of many excuses but as a customer I see two things I bought already not getting proper attention and focus being shifted elsewhere.

Yep! I don't buy from these guys anymore and will not. Fix it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well I broke my arm so I've decided to check if anything changed in the Huey and Mi8 cause I can't fly the mig right now anyway. Turns out it didn't. Will the lighting EVER get implemented in the Mi8 and fixed in the huey ?

What he said...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What he said...

What KaspeR32 said ?

I tried out the lighting in the Mi-8 a few days ago, and the lighting works! I tried both dome lights, (right and left) and the white and red light options. They work now =)

The red seems a little saturated but, I don't really care, I can see the cockpit at night.

Cheers.

Mi-8 Cockpit Lighting 2.5 OpenBeta is working good in pitch-black conditions wee hours this morning using the 104th's MP server.

Experimented various setups, all 4 methods, Deferred Shading On or Off.

There are 2 dome lights, 6 circular rheostats, a working NVG, a flashlight and a rotary knob behind the #2 pilot.

Is looking good, now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As a community, we will never be totally satisfied with devs in this niche market. I must say however, Belsimtek of late has shown an encouraging

degree of responsiveness.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS