uninstal activations question

Start world and select module manager. You'll find what you're looking for there.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

I recall reading somewhere that there is a procedure for uninstalling so as to avoid using a activation. Will deleting local content use an activation?

In the case of Steam, deleting local content will be the same as uninstalling (without deactivating) in a non Steam situation. You can reinstall at any time without using an activation because your registry is still intact.

I would imagine that the deactivation procedure in ED's FAQ would still work with Steam, but I do not know this for a fact.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

just delete local content.

ok lemme rephrase.

if DCSW Steam and DCSW Standalone are the same Version,

Copy your modules folder from the steam install to the standalone install.

The License Key for Starforce is already in the registry, and you hardware code isnt changing.

Delete local content on steam,

then open DCSW Standalone and make sure your keys are entered in the module manager.

and make sure the modules are added to the autoupdater.cfg so they update.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

does the steam keys works here as well

if for example buy one module from steam can i use the key to activate a downloaded version of the same module from here

im not using dcsw steam version but it has a paysafe option

good for people that it does not use credits or debits cards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Yes, Steam Keys are Active Starforce License Keys, and will Activate the Moment you Purchase the License from Steam.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I have my new parts (CPU, Mainboard, SSD) sitting on the table and therefore I will be setting it up one of these days. Of course WIndows and DCS World will be a complete new installation. Do I have to deactivate all the modules or will I loose an activation anyway?

you will loose an activation anyway :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||