Warthog Hotas Stick Issues

Hi guys,

I hate to be that guy but I am struggling here with this Hotas compared to my Cougar experience!!!

After a clean install of DCS World and getting my Aircraft serials squared away I proceeded to fly my A-10C. As soon as I go in my plane starts spiraling to the right and when I used the throttles I was all over the sky and nothing was working right......funny, I thought this this HOTAS supported the game right out of the box?

I still do not have this whole TARGET *.FCF vs *.LUA profile thing straight in my head. But I managed to figure out if I take Tigor's V2 Profile and move the LAU files into my C:\Users\<User Name>\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\Config\Input\A-10C that may solve my issue.

So once I did that and took flight, everything seemed well and I was flying with my rudder in the proper orientation. So I though I had somved the problem, but after getting stupid I thought maybe this will work if I just wanted to jump into FC3 and check out the F-15's just for a peek until I get another profile for the F-15. Well, as before I was all over the sky so I decided to go back and fly my A-10 for a while.

Once I went back in my A-10 kept leaning to the right and the throttles were messed up again and I too was cursing Thrustmaster once again in my life!

Soes anyone think they know my problem and might be able to help me out here? I am not sure if I have a bad Hotas or it is because I am not loading a good profile into the right place? I still fdo not get the whole TARGET software thing or even how to load the files!

So if someone would like to make a new friend and get a Christmas gift from Wisconsin from this frustrated pilot I would surely appreciate some help. I would call you to walk through this whole thing so I clue into what the heck I am doing here finally.

I have checked all my connections, re-married the stick with the base, used USB ports on the back of my motherboard, and have updated my firmware on the Hotas.

I have the following show up in my Input folder:

Logitech G13 controller

Thrustmaster Throttle

Thrustmaster Joystick

Keyboard

CH PRoducts Rudder Pedals

Cheers,

DRAGGON

I have decided to uninstall everything and start from scratch with the Warthog first per instructions, than load DCS and each module. Something obviously not right because it does not pick up and map the A-10C right out of the gate as it should once I install the A-10C aircraft and register the serial number.

If it does not see the aircraft and map the controls properly then I would say I have issues with the controllers.

• 6 years later...

Hello Everyone, I just upgraded my HOTAS to the Thrustmaster Warthog. Every plane in the games works with it. However, the Flamining Cliffs F-15 will not work with the Joystick. The Throttle works great. All the other planes in Flaming Cliffs work. Any suggestions?

Hello Everyone, I just upgraded my HOTAS to the Thrustmaster Warthog. Every plane in the games works with it. However, the Flamining Cliffs F-15 will not work with the Joystick. The Throttle works great. All the other planes in Flaming Cliffs work. Any suggestions?

What doesn’t work, buttons or axis inputs or both?

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

sounds like axis conflicts, with controls being double bound. check in game settings and delete the bindings that are wrong. There have been a few patches where controls got funked up.

Edited by ilikepie

Action After Contemplation

Yep Pies right, no doubt your axis controls are double bound, look in the drop down menu in controls and you will see 'Axis commands' check the rudder axis are not set to your X and Y axis (often it is in both joystick and rudders column) and check each axis carefully to make sure they are in the correct column, once you clear those conflicts out you should be good to go.

The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...

Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz