TGP Tips?

Roscoe

Learn to utilize black hot/white hot modes to your advantage. Sometimes it is indeed extremely hard to spot targets. Proper briefing can help to some degree.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Also Distance and Altitude.

If you are near the target area the field of view is too narrow and the ground is passing by too fast, making searching a difficult if impossible task.

Climb to 15k plus and search the target area while 15 miles plus out. Also as noted before try switching between hot and cold modes. You will find things a lot easier with practice that way. Also if you see a little green X in the area of the targets they are friendly.

Good Luck

:pilotfly:

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

...Also if you see a little green X in the area of the targets they are friendly.
:D I've learned this after some friendly-fires.

I realized that it's important to know how to use TMS and especially China Hat effectively. And it's good to know "All Sensors to SPI", "Slave TGP to Steerpoint" and "making SPI" via TMS Up. These are really accelerating everything. :)

Edited by Devrim

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Dont forget when in the IR modes to adjust the gain. It will help clean up the picture and make things easier to spot. Try scanning in a grid pattern so you don't go over the same area twice. Also it you feel you scanned too far rest the pod back to the SPI and start again. As others have stated distance and altitude are key! Try and set up a wide orbit (providing there are no threats you may fly into) into whatever station your pod is on to limit masking. Practice man! The more you find things the more you'll get the "eye" and it will get easier!

Go Ugly Early!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A good map recon can help before ever taking off. Look at the map on your TADS and ask yourself "where would I place vehicles". Place Mark Points in those areas. Areas on main roads, open fields near airports ect. You can then slave your TGP to the mark point and begin your search there. If you don't find anything, cycle to your next mark point and begin again. With time you will get better and guessing the proximity of targets the mission designer placed in a tactical manner. If you do see a target don't go for it right away. Mark it and continue your search for other targets (namely SAMs).

Best of luck to you.

i regularly use BHOT and play with contrast/gain to really make contacts pop out against background. I can spot tanks pretty darn far away now.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL