Loading mission Hang

R1PE

When i try to join any server, I see the loading mission box come up but nothing else, If i wait and wait it will eventually say connection interrupted, There are random times where it will connect and join a server but 9 times out of 10 it just sits at "Loading Mission", Tried a re install of everything yet still the same issue (This cured my last connection interruption fault i had been getting many months ago).

I don't know what the cause for this could be because it does actually work sometimes, I have tried deleting the network.cfg file in the saved games section under users, also deleting the entire dcs saved games folder altogether to see if it will cure it but to no success

Any ideas?

Hi ENO, Yep i switched to LAN, I also restored the saved games folder for DCS after it didnt make no difference.

I just tried a server not long after i posted this thread and successfully managed to get into one, Had a fly around then left, Tried again and same issue....Very puzzling, Maybe i should wait till the next update maybe :/

And you meet the system requirements of 64-bit 7/8 only and 8GBs of RAM?

Try the beta 1.2.7, it's great!

Also get an SSD if you are still on HDD. It loads onto a busy MP server within seconds.

You must be getting endorsement payments with as much as you mention SSDs as the fix for loading and performance issues.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

And you meet the system requirements of 64-bit 7/8 only and 8GBs of RAM?

Try the beta 1.2.7, it's great!

Also get an SSD if you are still on HDD. It loads onto a busy MP server within seconds.

Actually the mission is transfered over the NETWORK aka internet. How a SSD can speed up the transfer rate through multiple devices (routers) not even connected to it is beyond me! :music_whistling:

From my point of view a good WAN connection, especially to the master server for the initial check and connection and small mission files (less audio, pictures, etc.) help a lot more than an SSD that simply loads the textures and object models faster than before.

Basically it will be the same enhancement like with non MP games...:smartass:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I now have a very similar problem. I can connect to master server. I can pick a game server from the list and join. The connection window appears then the loading window. At this point, during the day (gmt London), usually nothing further happens, very occasionally I get through and the game completes its load but most of the time it just hangs. However. In the early morning hours (0500), I am able to load and join any game on the master server list.

I have changed absolutely nothing. In fact I was away on holiday over Christmas. Computer off and unplugged. The above problem has been with me since my return. Prior to my hols I was on multiplayer 3 or four times a week without a problem (I run a squad and have been flying this sim for years).

So has anything else changed? Well 127 was launched in my absence so this may be a factor. Virgin (my ISP(not fibre so usual copper wire speeds)) announced the introduction of new traffic management software designed to limit p to p during the day, so maybe that's it.

Other multiplayer games like ARMA and FSX work fine and all my network test show no change from the norm.

I could list all my equipment and drivers etc. but, as I have changed absolutely nothing, I see no point.

Any Ideas ED.

Javelin

Edited by javelin
Typo

Usually the quietest person in the room is the one with the most experience and the loudest person is the one who just thinks he is.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi eXPeRT, I tried all you said, Still same issues :-/ , Maybe i should just wait till the update is released and see if that cures it. One thing i did forget to mention if it is at all relivant is i have all the dcs modules including the huey and the huge russian helicopter