X52 works in Windows setup... not DCS

ENO

Just wondering- this is driving me crazy.

I have an X52 for my backup system so that the GF can come in and fly every now and then but for some reason the modifiers (like button 6, the pinky equivalent on the stick) don't transmit anything in DCS. What's worse, is it used to work just fine without issue.

I go back into controller profiles and all buttons work flawlessly. I go back into DCS... nothing. I downloaded the drivers from the website-

Any tricks to get through this? I'm ready to mix up some napalm in the bathtub and cannonball into it.

I know it's an older joystick- and I'd be less concerned if it hadn't already worked fine before.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Is it just the pinky modifier that's not working? Check under the setup and make sure the JOY_BTN6 is listed as a modifier.

BrKwSE8.jpg

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Just wondering- this is driving me crazy.

I have an X52 for my backup system so that the GF can come in and fly every now and then but for some reason the modifiers (like button 6, the pinky equivalent on the stick) don't transmit anything in DCS. What's worse, is it used to work just fine without issue.

I go back into controller profiles and all buttons work flawlessly. I go back into DCS... nothing. I downloaded the drivers from the website-

Any tricks to get through this? I'm ready to mix up some napalm in the bathtub and cannonball into it.

I know it's an older joystick- and I'd be less concerned if it hadn't already worked fine before.

If you rely on the Saitek profile and not DCS control options try deleting the X52 category (except axis commands) from the Control options menu. You could also try deleting the joystick folder in saved games folder (after backup) and see what happens when it builds a new one.

Is it just the pinky modifier that's not working? Check under the setup and make sure the JOY_BTN6 is listed as a modifier.

BrKwSE8.jpg

I do go into "add modifier" and have to manually select it. I can't just click it and have it activate- which isn't a big deal provided I can then go into other controls and add the modifier by clicking on it (as you are generally able to with other inputs)

It won't activate in the control menu- though to be fair I haven't tried adding the modifier manually either (to the control where I want to use it), nor tried it in game. Seems my complaint is premature except that I never had to do that before (even if it does work- I'll go check).

And blooze- I don't use a profile on the X52 at all... well... nothing other than the drivers. If the above fails I'll try deleting that input folder but it's worth mentioning that this is an entirely fresh install... and I had that folder re-written in saved games.

"ENO"

Nothing...

Tried manually entering as a modifier, tried manually entering the modifier in the control... tried it in game. Nothing.

Sigh.

You have this issue in Sim Mode and Game Modes? Usually its one or the other not both.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Okay- well did all that multiple times (uninstalled Saitek and reinstalled)... and nothing. Works perfectly in windows- not in DCS.

Some keys do... others don't. I'm buying ingredients.

There was a person that had a similar problem because he had installed X52 Pro drivers for an X52 non pro stick by mistake so please don't be insulted by the question. Are you sure you have the right drivers?

I just took the Hog up for a first flight with latest update. I also have the X52 I ran an Instant Action mission just to test the new ver.

I flew for about an hour with no problems at all on an updated ver. (Not Clean Install). So check your system ENO Mine is in profile.

• Like 1

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Is it just the pinky switch and one button on the throttle that aren't working? I seem to recall that these need enabling, or told to act as regular buttons, somewhere in the joystick properties.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

are the buttons that are emulating the mouse clicks not working maybe, i had that problem it turned out it was TS?

also I 98% sure its the saitek software messing up, could you tell me exactly which buttons arent working?

in DCS in case its the pinky you need to go into the x52 profile editor and make it be a fallback button, you can only do it if the button in the profile editor inst used for switching profiles.

Edited by karambiatos

Right now the only one I want to get working is the pinky on the stick as a modifier- I'm not sure about the rest since I haven't been able to get through this one stupid issue.

All of the buttons work fine in windows control panel advanced properties (settings)...

Are you saying they need to be enabled on the DCS side? Just to be clear, I am going through configuring the modifier and adding this button-

But now that you mention it... makes me recall that at some point we may have had to adjust a .lua... is that what you're talking about Tone?

"ENO"

Karambia... the whole reason I've wanted to stay away from the profile editor / SAITEK software is because it adds some uncertainty- so I've only installed the drivers. Yes, I did try installing the software as a problem solving (creating) measure- but it didn't work so I promptly removed it.

Each time I uninstall I go through the same steps, and even into the regedit... erasing it from the system registry.

I've tried multiple USB ports as well- but this unlatching thing may be worth checking out. I'm just not sure why it would "click" in windows but not in DCS...

"ENO"

I was thinking of having to unlatch the button, as karambiatos mentioned. Not at my computer at the moment but I think you either do that in the Saitek software, or joystick properties (in Windows).

Edit: Windows just shows that the button physically works, it's some crazy Saitek voodoo that's preventing it from working in-game :)

Edited by Tone71

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

yep since you reinstalled the drivers, it defaulted youll need to redo your x52 software profiles, but here ill upload mine, test it and see if it works.

You may not like using the profile editor, but saitek isnt going to give you the choice :)

Untitle2d - Copy.zip

THAT DID IT!!!! THANK YOU!

x52.jpg

It was that "enable clutch mode" and "latched clutch button." (late edit- or various combinations thereof)

Once I set that, it worked fine!

Thank you again- those of you I can still rep (without having to spread) will receive!

Standing down on my napalm bath!

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

THAT DID IT!!!! THANK YOU!

x52.jpg

It was that "enable clutch mode" and "latched clutch button."

Once I set that, it worked fine!

Thank you again- those of you I can still rep (without having to spread) will receive!

Standing down on my napalm bath!

Yeah, that's the fella. Although the clutch button is actually on the throttle but what the hey, so long as it's now working! :thumbup:

• Like 1