ADI Pip Stuck to the Right

Jimbolya

So I downloaded the latest 1.2.7 and everything is working just fine, but one small thing...

I'm flying the DCS World SU-25T and the ADI top pip stays stuck to the right. I've flown in a circle and engaged autopilot and it stays stuck to the right. The altitude pip works just fine. When route following autopilot is engaged the auto pilot takes me to the assigned route and altitude. Altitude pip centers out just find and comes to rest right in the center of the circle; but, that top pip just doesn't seem to move.

Anyone have this issue...should I reinstall??

Nope - not a controller problem. Controller works just fine =).

It's in the navigational display on the ADI itself.

I uninstalled the app and re-installed it via Steam over night.

I'm assuming it also ran an auto-update overnight as well; so, I should be on ver 1.2.7

Ok - so I'm not alone then lol. I mean I can learn the yellow guide lines and how to read them but that pip was super helpful lol. Has that affected the steering circle as well in ENR mode?

Has anyone tried a complete reinstall?

I just attempted after a reinstall, but it did not fix the issue. However, I found that there were some folders hanging around that might have affected it. I'm going to run the downloader tonight and let it run over night - should auto patch like it did last night.

To post a track, do the following:

Run the mission and when you have replicated the issue just hit 'Esc' and you will be taken to the debrief screen. On the debrief screen there is a tab that allows you to save the track named 'Save Track'. Click on 'Save Track' and follow the prompts to save the track which will be saved in your Saved Games/DCS...../Tracks folder.

Once the track is saved, navigate to the Main screen and hit the 'Replay' tab. Select your track to view and just confirm that the track has saved and is indeed playing back correctly and illustrating the problem as you experienced it in-mission.

If you are satisfied, exit SIM and post a reply to this thread. When doing so, you will notice a paperclip icon for attachments in the top toolbar. Click on the paperclip and a new window (manage attachments) will pop up. Hit the 'Choose file' tab on the left and navigate to the location of your track file and hit open. Thereafter hit the 'Upload' tab and the track will upload.

Once done, click on the paperclip icon again and the forums will automatically insert the track link for you in your text.

Hit the 'Submit Reply' tab and you're good to go.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Here's the .trk files

Ok - so I loaded up a quick mission, and replicated the problem. I'm in ENR mode, and waypoint 2 is selected. You can tell by the range to the way point that at some point I do start heading to the waypoint, but the ADI does not reflect this. I'm not sure if auto pilot is affected as well. I will try to see if I can get an easy autopilot test up today as well.

Cheers ~

ADI_PIP_NOT_WORKING.trk

I tried that - I don't really know how to use the HSI. If i'm not mistaken the way the vertical yellow line leans is your stearing direction and the horizontal yellow line indicates weather your above, below, or on altitude for ENR to the waypoint.

If this is the case then I can try using HSI, but my experience has been that this is also broken. If i put the plane in route following autopilot it gets the yellows to line up; but, most of the time it also wants to nose dive me into the ground. I think the waypoints have been set, but no detailed altitude has been programmed into the missions waypoints.

But - i could be wrong.

If i'm not mistaken the way the vertical yellow line leans is your stearing direction

No, the Yellow Arrow on the HSI is your desired Bearing Pointer:

GFqddis.jpg

Are you sure you're not referring to the Required Bank and Pitch Indicators of the ADI?

...and the horizontal yellow line...

No yellow line on the HSI: Only on the ADI -

karlAN8.jpg

...If i put the plane in route following autopilot it gets the yellows to line up; but, most of the time it also wants to nose dive me into the ground. I think the waypoints have been set, but no detailed altitude has been programmed into the missions waypoints....

Depends on what AP mode you have selected. Cannot comment without a track - if you still have issues post a track and I'll have a looksee.

...But - i could be wrong.....

Here's the HSI:

IM3pEhR.jpg

It tells you the distance to next waypoint (Upper Left - 2km), Desired Course you need to fly to get to that waypoint (Upper Right - 291 degrees), an illustration of the Desired Course you need to fly -

i3jGeLx.jpg

and most importantly, the desired Bearing you need to fly on in order to maintain the proper flight-path according to your flight-plan -

GFqddis.jpg

That Bearing Pointer is VITALLY IMPORTANT for the purposes of navigation, especially if you are to ingress to a target area along a predetermined 'Safe Corridor'. Say for example you are told to ingress along a narrow corridor safe from Air Defences. Go left of the 'safe-zone' and you'll be shot. Go right and you'll be shot. Now you can understand that even if you are on the right Course to target/waypoint, give or take a few degrees, if you are not on the right bearing you are in trouble!

Let's look at my Pic again:

IM3pEhR.jpg

Give or take a degree or two, i am bang on target (or am I?) for my next waypoint, 2km away. So my Desired Course is nearly spot-on (290 as opposed to Desired 291).

HOWEVER

I am much too far to the right of my intended flight path as indicated by the yellow Bearing Pointer. What I need to do is to bank hard left 90 degrees and fly until I intercept my Desired Bearing. When I do, execute a hard right bank to get onto the Desired Course, thus aligning the Bearing Pointer with the Desired Course arrow:

LpgrmQd.jpg

Now I know I am on the right Bearing and Course, neither left nor right of my Flight Path but as near as dammit on my flight path as per the Flight Plan.

Let me know if this is any clearer. If not, I'll post a wee track together with written commentary as further illustration.

Edited by 159th_Viper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

that's crystal clear =)

i'll practice using that -

yup... i was talking about the ADI lines lol.

i've watched a training video with regards to the HSI but couldn't understand what they were trying to teach...this is much better - thanks :thumbup:

when you do the left bank because you're too far to the right does the yellow line start to move up (clockwise) until straight vertical...meaning you are now in line with the way point...bank right to get correct bearing again?

Correct.

I usually fly a bearing intercept at 90 degrees as it will get you there the fastest. As you see from this pic, Course should be 318. We however have a Bearing deviation so I banked right 90 degrees, flying an intercept of 041 (should be 318 + 90 = 048 but close enough):

6lVs0zm.jpg

Bearing pointer will slowly move down (counter-clockwise) the nearer I get to my desired bearing. This comes with practice, but once I am close, I usually intercept the Bearing on a 60 degree bank:

nb7iQeZ.jpg

Done correctly, you will roll out with the Bearing Pointer and Desired Course Arrow perfectly aligned with the Current Heading tab.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]