The odd LOD thread! Report LOD inconsistencies here.

Corrigan

I thought maybe we could do with a centralised thread for reporting LOD errors. Assuming Mustang is gonna continue his great job cleaning these up, a thread like this should make it a bit easier, perhaps.

I'll start:

The props on the An-30M look a bit iffy:

n6u.jpg

• Like 1

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

P-51 needs adjustment ( at least for Triple-head users).

LOD model changes too early. - should be around 1nm instead of 0.5nm.

EDIT:

*Solved!*

Mustangs files let this problem disappear !

The LOD of the P-51 will change now at around 0.8nm - and this looks OK now!

The following video was recorded with all settings on high in a 3840x1024 setting.

Here is a image that gives you orientation:

loadproblemp-51.jpg

Please watch it in fullscreen and HQ at 1024x768 - so you can see exactly the same what I see in-game.

load.jpg

Please check this thread for reference.

Air target visibility

I think you have overdone it now a little....;)

BTW: How can I change it back to the 1.1.2.1 settings?

... Further :

ED ,

I know - you only wanted to help people out that have difficulties to spot airborne targets... but please check the changes that you make also on a "unexpected" display-setting... :)

Edited by PeterP

The issue with the PRW-11.edm model's embedded LOD's still stands in DCSW 1.2.0.

Probably the most urgent LOD issue ;)

I've also noticed that around airbases there is a ground object (PRW-11.edm) which consumes 200K+ polygons (see attached screenshots). Even at a signficant distance, about 700K triangles are rendered for a seemingly flat airport due to this model ...

The issue with the PRW-11.edm model's embedded LOD's still stands in DCSW 1.2.0.

Probably the most urgent LOD issue ;)

Ok ALDEGA, please download and try the updated package in post #2 - it contains a PRW-11.edm model converted through ModelViewer from FC2 (its around 33k polygons) it looks perfect in DCS.

Edited by Mustang

I have one, the LOD of the long fuel truck (I think it might be called ATZ-10) on airbases switches to basic rectangular box way too early

EDIT: its actually ATZ-60 fuel truck

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

I have one, the LOD of the long fuel truck (I think it might be called ATZ-10) on airbases switches to basic rectangular box way too early

Corrected model is already included in the package in post #2, have you tried it yet?

Edited by Mustang

Ok ALDEGA, please download and try the updated package in post #2 - it contains a PRW-11.edm model converted through ModelViewer from FC2 (its around 33k polygons) it looks perfect in DCS.
The polygon count of the modified .edm file looks good.

One small detail, the modified model doesn't seem to have specular highlighting.

Will give it a try later today.

Corrected model is already included in the package in post #2, have you tried it yet?

sorry I haven't, I'll try it tonight

EDIT: it was actually ATZ-60 fuel truck, not ATZ-10 and I checked it after uzing LOD fix file in post #2 and I can confirm this one is fixed :thumbup:

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

Mustang, just checked with updated archive and I even increased LOD of the UAZ-469 to 10000m and it still disapears on my end

Its the fault of the actual .edm file, its hardcoded to vanish at 1000m.

Edited by Mustang

Sure thing, I'll check later tonight.

Don't worry i've found the structure (nasos.edm) yes it does have a rather crappy sudden LOD shift...

This isn't something that can be cured with a simple .lods edit, i'll have a word with a good friend of mine next week to see if it can be corrected.

• 2 weeks later...

So there seems to be LOD issues with many of the aircraft. Do I remember this being discussed as a general issue, or do you still want individual reports? Here's one example of a dogfight.

20kf706.jpg

Do the right you can barely make out the 27, but it's there. The LOD is rough, as you can see. The left screen has the 27 further away.

Edited by Corrigan

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5