Did upgrade today to 1.2.5. My missions crash. See example.

FlightControl

Find below one of my missions that crash in DCS world 1.2.5.

This mission works in 1.2.4..

Something is wrong. How to find the root cause of the issue?

Happy to assist with anything that can help find the problem.

It is a Multi player mission. The mission loads, but when accepting to "Fly", it loads the airplane, but crashes after a few seconds. You even can hear the engine sound a bit...

Try the RED KA-50s or the BLUE F-15s. the crash is module independent.

I did a complete uninstall of 1.2.5, and reinstalled 1.2.4 and retested this. It works under 1.2.4.

Right now, i am downloading from the website version 1.2.5. I'll do a complete reinstall and retry this mission. In this mission, there are bitmaps and sound files, which i did not include in the mission for sizing reasons...

Hope somebody can help with this. I can't start a server.

(Can't upload the file, because it is too large...).

best regards,

Sven

Edited by FlightControl

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

I cannot help you, but I have the same issues with A10C missions MP.

Rolling back to 1.2.4 now

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]- I5 3570K @4.2ghz | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel® Thermal Solution RTS2011LC | G.Skill Ares 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | MSI N760 2GD5/OC ITX| 2x Corsair CSSD-F60GBGT-BK | Western Digital WD10EALX 1TB | HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 | Win 7

Try saving the mission in the editor in 1.2.5 before flying it.

I exactly did that. I opened the mission in 1.2.5, and resaved it. After that it crashed... It is very strange, because i've been playing with 1.2.5 all this morning... Could it be that a new update appeared this afternoon?

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

Blooze, do any of those missions have aircraft spawning or despawning in the air using "Group Activate" or "Group Dactivate" ? (as that is a known issue) if they do not please post the mission so I can have a look.

Edited by graywo1fg

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

Blooze, do any of those missions have aircraft spawning or despawning in the air using "Group Activate" or "Group Dactivate" ? (as that is a known issue) if they do not please post the mission so I can have a look.
I don't know enough about the ME to answer your question but I just tried your SA1 mission and it seems to be OK. Are you saying that this is a known issue with the 1.2.5 update? All of these missions worked fine prior to the latest update. Here's a mission that doesn't work.

It is difficult to say what exactly in the mission is causing the crash. At least the crash is reliable in being reproduced so it should be pretty straight forward for a developer to figure out what exactly is causing the problem.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

It is difficult to say what exactly in the mission is causing the crash. At least the crash is reliable in being reproduced so it should be pretty straight forward for a developer to figure out what exactly is causing the problem.

It seems that about 80% of my saved missions are crashing so there must be a common denominator within these missions that is the cause. I gather from your response that the mission I attached crashed for you as well. I suppose there is nothing one can do but wait for a solution???? Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

Hello. It could be the issue is with the group activate/deactivate. In my mission, groups are activated of the opponent side, when you start a client unit. Units can also be activated using the F10 options... So several triggers activate other units.

I am sure that a solution will be found. Probably for performance reasons some shortcuts were taken to reduce lag when activating a unit (which was the case...). Maybe another method needs to be used now to activate units?

[/TABLE]

No. Activating groups just got bugged with activating in air aircraft and helicopters and its simply a case where it doesn't activate the group. Group Deactivation on the other hand causes a crash, but from looking at the triggers that likely isn't the problem here. At least for me with the mission posted in this thread I CTD the moment the sim is started. I'd hold off on any changes as we don't really know the exact cause.

FYI, any lag associated with spawning a group is the sim having to load in the model and texture files. If you spawn an already existing object there is more or less no lag, or at least it will be minimal.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I have major problems as well. It seems like simple missions without triggers are ok. More complex missions, which worked with 1.2.4, crashes at startup as described earlier.

If you test them in the mission editor you can see som really strange activity in the debriefing. Units on the same side shooting on friendly troops, units you dont recognize shooting at friendly units. Even ground units taking off???

Also one interesting thing is the times are all screwed upp. In the debriefing I have set the start time to 17:00 but the debriefing states something shooting at 12:xx? ANd on the other mission when it should start 12:00 it starts 06:00!?

I think something really strange going on here.

Some screen shoots on the mission debriefing

Screen_130724_105904.thumb.jpg.d0c15507093fa00830d587a947e89e55.jpg

Screen_130724_114305.thumb.jpg.0abe4dd48289654e8e264d727831fd63.jpg

Appreciate the help.

Hey guys,

My missions are also crashing, by doing some searching i found out that my expressions were deleted?

For example I had condition expressions for a few objects such as these -

if not Group.getByName("AI - L39ZA") then
return true
end

Seems that in all my mission the expressions have been deleted - totaly removed from the triggers window, also some of the triggers went from switched condition to once by them selfs...

I suggest looking at the triggers for answers, seems the option has been changed to LUA PREDICATE, maybe this is why it got deleted in the first place.

I hope ED are going to do something about this, I'm going to open a post for this.

Edited by xcom

I had a problem in a 1.2.4 mission converted to 1.2.5 that was crashing the game.

Removing the triggers one by one showed me it's about a 'all group enter zone' series of conditions, all put togheter with ORs.

Though, recreating the trigger from scratch didn't give the problem. Must be how that one is written inside the miz.

1.2.5 Multiplayer mission bug: more info what is the issue.

All,

I have managed to trace down the issue towards a function that is now proven to work in only some cases, in other cases, it will crash... I don't think the problem will be with the function itself, but whether references to groups are already instantiated or not. If the group is not yet instantiated, the crash will occur.

Find attached my previous mission, but now completely downsized to essence of the problem. The mission is a Multi player mission. It is in essence 2 client player groups: KA-50 Alpha 1 and KA-50 Alpha 2.

The crash will occur when you select KA-50 Alpha 2, but it will not when you select KA-50 alpha 1!

Find below the diagnosis of the problem, and the method how to re-simulate this problem in your environment.

Diagnosis:

It seems that the issue is with a TIGGER test function like: ALL OF GROUP IN ZONE. When the group is instantiated, this test will work. When the group is not yet instantiated, DCS World will crash.

Re-simulate the crash:

- Open the mission editor and open this mission.

- Prepare the mission, and select KA-50 Alpha 1. No crash will occur.

- Quit back into the mission editor.

- Prepare the mission, and select KA-50 Alpha 2. DCS will CRASH!

Notes:

1. As contrary mentioned on previous posts, it seems that the error has NOTHING to do with GROUP ACTIVATE or DEACTIVATE! To prove this, I have added the function "GROUP ACTIVATE" to the DEBUG Trigger in the mission, which works when you select KA-50 Alpha 1. The issue seems to be much deeper.

2. Maybe there are also other Group functions where a crash will occur. But this is the one i found now...

3. This mission works in DCS World version 1.2.4.

4. I have done a complete reinstall of DCS World version 1.2.5 to simulate this crash in the mission attached.

Message to Matt and the development team:

You can use this mission to debug your problem. Hope it helps you to diagnose the problem and provide a fix soon.

kind regards,

Sven

• Like 1

[/TABLE]

Thank you for your work Sven, I have been testing this issue internally and have provided hopefully enough detail to the devs to see whats going on. Indeed group activate or deactivate is not the problem, as they are already fixed internally. Thanks for everyone's help in this, I will report back soon =)

Gray

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

No. Activating groups just got bugged with activating in air aircraft and helicopters and its simply a case where it doesn't activate the group. Group Deactivation on the other hand causes a crash, but from looking at the triggers that likely isn't the problem here. At least for me with the mission posted in this thread I CTD the moment the sim is started. I'd hold off on any changes as we don't really know the exact cause.

FYI, any lag associated with spawning a group is the sim having to load in the model and texture files. If you spawn an already existing object there is more or less no lag, or at least it will be minimal.

See my last post with an attached mission that clearly documents the problem. Hope it helps.

[/TABLE]

Thank you for your work Sven, I have been testing this issue internally and have provided hopefully enough detail to the devs to see whats going on. Indeed group activate or deactivate is not the problem, as they are already fixed internally. Thanks for everyone's help in this, I will report back soon =)

Gray

Pleasure. Hope it helps!

[/TABLE]

After some own testing it appears that If you have a trigger which refers to a flyable client air unit like ..group in zone Hawg 1-1, zone x, flag on xx, AND nobody occupies that flyable slot when unpausing, the game will crash. If that slot is occupied it will start!

This is what I found out just now, however I have not tested with other people in multi player environment yet. It could also be several other bugs but I think this is one.

Click the quote-link for original - in case you missed it, there seem to be progress on the crash issue.

I'm going to bed now, but later on Thursday we plan to release a "hot fix" to 1.2.5 that will include the following:

• WinXP is supported once again.
  • The A-10A Advanced Flight Model (AFM) is no longer AWOL.
  • The broken UH-1 input file has been repaired.
  • The crash resulting from the broken aircraft activation / deactivation triggers has been addressed.
  • Fixed the periodic green explosions.

There are other items that we have fixed internally (like chaff rejection), but they were not completed in time for this update. These and other items will be part of an update next week.

Matt

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

It helped and I further narrowed the causes down.

Note also that in the debug trigger, when the group activates (the group has late activation), it seems that the group is activated (the code does not crash), but actually, the group is not activated at all. That is what i experience. Please test this also.

Please test that groups with late activated can be activated...

Sven

[/TABLE]