DCS World - Modified Vehicle Dust

Hi all, I have been using modified version of lua files for my install for a while now and thought I might as well share in case people like it and would like to use it. These files are compatible with Open Beta 1.5.2 as well as Nevada Open Beta 2.0.0

To install: extract WinRAR archive into ...DCSxxx/Bazar/ParticleEffects/Effects folder

see also this post for longer Wingtip Contrails: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2641451&postcount=8

see this post for better looking Vehicle Smoke stack: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2642872&postcount=11

see this post for longer lasting Burning Plane Wrecks http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2655680&postcount=24

EDIT: added slightly stronger dust effect - see attached "Modified LUA Files (v2).rar"

Modified LUA Files.rar

663033483_MofidiedvsDefault.thumb.jpg.77132d3e2c96238cfc6d492839de0ed2.jpg

Modified LUA Files (v2).rar

Edited by Kuky
Title
  • Like 2

No longer active in DCS...

For some reason this MOD is under M2000C bugs sub forum

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As nice as this looks......how much more difficult is it in spotting moving ground targets?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Just my two scents as having seen this in real life, the default needs to be bigger and affected by wind direction which honestly I'll admit I don't know if it currently is affected. Roads in desert are very dusty and vehicles kick up huge dissipating clouds of dust. We also use the clouds of dust and their movements to gauge a wind call.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Off topic apologies but I noticed in the same general folder area there are things for explosions and in particular a series named sky something - does anyone know if that has any connection to the trigger.explosion effect that we've been using for the flak script? I was thinking it may be possible to mod the resulting explosion to look a bit smaller and better, any ideas?

haven't tried to change those, I did while back but wasn't much of an improvement.

If you want you can get this longer looking (and in my opinion more realistic) wingtip contrails effect :music_whistling:

This file goes into ...DCSxxx/Config/Effects/ParticleSystem2 folder

wingtipContrail.lua

WingtipContrails.thumb.jpg.1cbe594f7367ebf5f530e7f01ae47033.jpg

Edited by Kuky

Here is also my modified file for Vehicle Smoke (it looks larger, lasts longer and is visible further out. It also reduces size over time). Works in 1.5.2 and 2.0.0

This file goes to ...DCSxxx/Bazar/ParticleEffects/Effects folder

Edit: I've extended visibility of Fire also - so new version of FireVehicle.lua is attached (and screenshots to show you how smoke stack changes height as time passes on (to see this concentrate on most left/highest smoke stack, that's me that crashed as I wasn't careful when flying low :D)

FireVehicle.lua

1.thumb.jpg.d2707a2089db776cf31363d7de17f87c.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.26be4ae259325d9616abd861c30af623.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.cb93797369cae004d4237a7691904c06.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.6302fc3e672cb19c7f6ee723f97963f9.jpg

Edited by Kuky

Here is also my modified file for Vehicle Smoke (it looks larger, lasts longer and is visible further out. It also reduces size over time). Works in 1.5.2 and 2.0.0

This file goes to ...DCSxxx/Bazar/ParticleEffects/Effects folder

Kuky Pease Screenshots??????????????????????????????????????????

Roads in desert are very dusty and vehicles kick up huge dissipating clouds of dust.

If were talking about dust clouds thrown up from dirt roads in the desert sure...if we're talking about dust kicked up from PAVED roads...No way. The amount of dust blown up from paved roads by passing vehicles should be FAR less than whats kicked up when a vehicle is off road. Even out in the middle of the desert.

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

If were talking about dust clouds thrown up from dirt roads in the desert sure...if we're talking about dust kicked up from PAVED roads...No way. The amount of dust blown up from paved roads by passing vehicles should be FAR less than whats kicked up when a vehicle is off road. Even out in the middle of the desert.

Sierra

Depends on what desert we are talking about.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Oh Kuky! You're my man! :)

A question: Are you a LUA virtuoso? :)

Thanks a lot.

Edited by Devrim

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

haven't tried to change those, I did while back but wasn't much of an improvement.

If you want you can get this longer looking (and in my opinion more realistic) wingtip contrails effect :music_whistling:

This file goes into ...DCSxxx/Bazar/ParticleEffects/Effects folder

Hi Kuky,

I was just looking over at the other thread about the changes to the heat blur effect and while looking for the hotAir.lua file I noticed that wingtipContrail.lua is found in the DCSxxx/Config/Effect/ParticleSystem2 folder - was your post a typo with the folder as you listed?

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Hi Kuky. Thanks again.

This mod works perfect, but eerrm, is there any chance to extend fire and smoke time for aircraft wrecks? :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Hi Kuky,

I was just looking over at the other thread about the changes to the heat blur effect and while looking for the hotAir.lua file I noticed that wingtipContrail.lua is found in the DCSxxx/Config/Effect/ParticleSystem2 folder - was your post a typo with the folder as you listed?

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Maybe I made a typo, I'll check tomorrow

Hi Kuky. Thanks again.

This mod works perfect, but eerrm, is there any chance to extend fire and smoke time for aircraft wrecks? :)

Yes there is... I think it's in Config/World.lua file... I'll upload the file tomorrow

Hi Kuky,

Cheers,

Stonehouse

You were right, it was a typo. I edit the post... thanks :thumbup:

• Like 1