Wings - F-14 interesting documentary!

D4n

• Like 1
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Not really that good IMO. In fact I've yet to find a great documentary on the F14. Most are very vague on its development and evolution, as well as it's capabilites and variants. Most focus on the "cool" factor and are hardly better than the movie Top Gun as far as accuracy is concerned. I guess I've been spoiled by the great british and russian documentaries, which unfortunately only cover their own aircraft.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Not trying to steal the thunder, but on the topic. I find this one really good. Not a documentary, but a lot of good background information, on the development of the F-14.

A historical perspective of the evolution of the Grumman F-14 Tomcat design presented by former Northrop Grumman VP Mike Ciminera.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Yeah some great info in there, although the presentation is very technical at times. I liked how he emphasised that the design philisophy of making the best possible airframe and then worrying about upgrades later gave the Tomcat is longevity. Teething problems aside, the Tomcat was an amazing piece of engineering.

The only other Western plane that incorporated as many (or more) workable innovations in its design IMO is the F22.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Not trying to steal the thunder, but on the topic. I find this one really good. Not a documentary, but a lot of good background information, on the development of the F-14.

A historical perspective of the evolution of the Grumman F-14 Tomcat design presented by former Northrop Grumman VP Mike Ciminera.

I remember the first time i saw this.....This is THE best "documentary" i've ever seen out there. The only thing better and more informative is to actually get a book. :thumbup:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

It certainly would be old lol......this was on Discovery when I was in middle school some 20+ years ago!!

Wow! :D

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 1 month later...