Su 27 is not broken

JellybeanTiger

Not only have I found out the throttles don't work but the engine doesn't turn on either when I use the kb commands.

How can I delete the FC 3 module from DCS World and redownload it?

The torrent must be corrupted.

I have done a repair but that hasn't fixed the issue.

I am now getting pretty peed off having spent quite a few hours trying to get this sim to function.

Anyone know the fail safe way of installing this sim without any bugs?

I now feel hopeless and starting to get depression trying to get this sim working.

I honestly feel like someone is looking at my computer at messing up my files.

Edited by JellybeanTiger

Are you sure you had set throttle to idle before startup?

Yes ,I have checked the throttle a hundred times now.

Also the engines don't start up when I press right alt and home or right control and home.

Buggy mess.

I have sent a support ticket as I have done all I can.

Only get frustrated,been on here for hours and still at square one.

It's like someone is looking at my computer and trolling with my install lol.

My Steam account got hacked recently so it could be them.

My DCS is not the Steam version though.

Edited by JellybeanTiger

I think if you delete this folder "C:\Users\[your username]\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\su-27" then DCS will recreate one on startup, which resets your bindings; maybe try that. Or, maybe just re-name it, in case I'm wrong!

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

I think if you delete this folder "C:\Users\[your username]\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\su-27" then DCS will recreate one on startup, which resets your bindings; maybe try that. Or, maybe just re-name it, in case I'm wrong!

I already did that,deleted the whole lot and started again but same issue.

I deleted every category listed under my hotas in axis and all pages then assigned controls to every plane I have.

I did not touch the kb bindings.

The su27 engines didn't start up with Left Alt and home or left Control and home either.

Edited by JellybeanTiger

The su27 engines didn't start up with Left Alt and home or left Control and home either.

Is the default not RIGHT Alt + Home and RIGHT Control + Home?

Just to be clear, as well as the plane not starting up your throttle is not working in-game (i.e you have bound the throttle axis but it doesn't move in-game)? Do you have one throttle, or both left and right?

EDIT: I've tried my version again and everything works fine, so not sure what could be wrong. I don't have the training missions so can't help you there either, sorry. Hope you find a solution soon!

Edited by Tone71

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Yes, Its right-alt / right-control+Home to start, +End to stop. The same is true for all the FC3 planes. Some you can even start both engines at once with right-shift+home.

It AMAZES me how many people will reinstall software for something like this. Why do they think that will make it magically start running the code differently?

Is the default not RIGHT Alt + Home and RIGHT Control + Home?

Just to be clear, as well as the plane not starting up your throttle is not working in-game (i.e you have bound the throttle axis but it doesn't move in-game)? Do you have one throttle, or both left and right?

EDIT: I've tried my version again and everything works fine, so not sure what could be wrong. I don't have the training missions so can't help you there either, sorry. Hope you find a solution soon!

Yes,they are the commands but nothing happens.

Going to bed soon,been on this for hours and hours,not getting anywhere.

Yes, Its right-alt / right-control+Home to start, +End to stop. The same is true for all the FC3 planes. Some you can even start both engines at once with right-shift+home.

It AMAZES me how many people will reinstall software for something like this. Why do they think that will make it magically start running the code differently?

I made an error on my earlier post which I have corrected said Left alt and home but I should have written Right Alt and home.

These kb commands do not work for me with the su 27.

It sits on the taxiway like a lame duck.

The FC3 is a pretty madure module, I doubt that its bugged or there would be thousands of users on your same situation. For this kind of problem you have to be methodical and start to discard possible causes:

- You have already repaired the program's files,

- You have already recreated its saved games folder,

So, I believe that it could be something on your hotas .. try to unplug it from your PC and try DCS using just keyboard alone ... if it works and starts the engines, etc, I would say that either the hotas isnt being properly recognized by DCS or the hota's software is interfering

what brand and model of joystick & throttle are you using?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I solved it Rudel_chw I am an idiot,feel lower than an ant's ass.

All I needed to do was wait a few minutes for the su 27's power to take affect and then once I started the engines,my face turned red as a ripe tomatoe as she sparked into life with a whistful whine of her jets and me looking at myself in the momitor with a pumpkin head.

Then my throttle started moving lol,I forgot how much of a study sim this is,probably why I have avoided it and this is just the FC3 ac,think I'll stick with those.

Hmm,no rudder control but I have discovered this bird uses toe brakes to steer and I need to turn on nws.

Hi, glad you could sort the problem out. Here is a Su-27 guide that helped me a lot when I first used the Su-27 ... its somewhat old, but still applies:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=336499683

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

JellybeanTiger,

If you are using CH manager, download this CH profile and mod to suit, let me know if you need help.

SleepyCanuck has listed all the keyboard commands available in DCS for the FC3 aircraft, all I have to do is assign the axis in game, all the keyboard commands are quickly swappable / assignable in CH manager to any button or shift state.

A great PDF guide can also be downloaded HERE by Santi871 for the Su-27

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link