The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

Different graphics settings. I mean I have GA and OpenBeta, but I really care about having different graphic settings for Open beta. The PATH is what I was asking about. I have to point it to something, so if I'm starting out new, there is a directory structure. Maybe I'm missing something?

Set the BUILD Path, Set the Path to that Build's Saved Games, Click Verify.

The Preset Files the Updater App uses will be generated, from that point on that Build will have presets.

Repeat For the Next Build, Set the BUILD Path, then Set the Saved Games Folder Path.

Saved Games is /User/Saved Games/<DCS BUILD>/

<DCS BUILD> is DCS, DCS.openbeta, etc.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Why my Open Beta version must be updated with this software instead as before the DCS install verify by itself. I did repair several times but seem my open beta never get automatic update when launch.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Set the BUILD Path, Set the Path to that Build's Saved Games, Click Verify.

The Preset Files the Updater App uses will be generated, from that point on that Build will have presets.

Repeat For the Next Build, Set the BUILD Path, then Set the Saved Games Folder Path.

Saved Games is /User/Saved Games/<DCS BUILD>/

<DCS BUILD> is DCS, DCS.openbeta, etc.

Gotcha. Thanks for that. Exactly what I was looking for.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Why my Open Beta version must be updated with this software instead as before the DCS install verify by itself. I did repair several times but seem my open beta never get automatic update when launch.

DCS By Itself only checks Once per 24 hour period, Unless you tell it to using the Update DCS World Short Cut in the start menu or commandline.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Quick question Skate!

When I play in VR, I frequently change many of the settings that I use in my Flat Screen setup. Does your utility support switching configurations depending on if VR is running or not (does the VR On/Off do this, I thought it just enables VR overall; I tried to figure it out with Custom Presets, but are not sure they are what I was looking for)? If it does, where can I find it (it might be obvious, and I could be missing it)?

Anyway, love the Utility since I found it recently, awesome work.

Edited by DrKamikaze

Quick question Skate!

When I play in VR, I frequently change many of the settings that I use in my Flat Screen setup. Does your utility support switching configurations depending on if VR is running or not (does the VR On/Off do this, I thought it just enables VR overall; I tried to figure it out with Custom Presets, but are not sure they are what I was looking for)? If it does, where can I find it (it might be obvious, and I could be missing it)?

Anyway, love the Utility since I found it recently, awesome work.

You just need to have one preset with VR switched on, and another with it off!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

You just need to have one preset with VR switched on, and another with it off!

Got it, so... name 2 presets, say one "Normal DCS" and "VR DCS" (are they associated with the Slots at all, or is that more-so build management?).

Before I go to launch, select "Normal DCS" and launch, I'll get my current set of presets and settings.

And you're telling me, before I go to launch, hitting VR/ON, and selecting "VR DCS" will produce what would essentially be a clean config (or a copied config for me to work with)?

Pretty simple, just never tried that.

if Presets are Enabled, it will toggle to VR HEADSET Automatically when launching using the VR On Button.

all presets are copies of the default to start.

Got it, so... name 2 presets, say one "Normal DCS" and "VR DCS" (are they associated with the Slots at all, or is that more-so build management?).

Before I go to launch, select "Normal DCS" and launch, I'll get my current set of presets and settings.

And you're telling me, before I go to launch, hitting VR/ON, and selecting "VR DCS" will produce what would essentially be a clean config (or a copied config for me to work with)?

Pretty simple, just never tried that.

Well, I don’t use VR on/off. I just select which preset I want from the drop down menu - 2D or VR in my case - and click on launch. VR options are set within DCS for each preset.

Yes, the presets are associated with the slots.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Changelog for 1.1.0.1005:

-Further Code Condensing of UI Elements

-Fixed Typo's in Code for Detection.

-Fixed Duplicate Calls in Code for Processes.

-Fixed Minimum Version Number for Force SteamVR API Driver on Oculus.

-Rearranged Startup Code, Condensed Code.

-Adjusted Presets Code

-Added DEFAULT VR HEADSET (Placeholder, For now it's the Same as Default).

-Added First Installment of App Updater Code for Future Use.

-Switched App Versions/Updater Server to New Server For Use w/ App Updater.

-Adjustments to Network Connection Detection and Server Checks.

Edited by SkateZilla

1.1.0.1005 is online:

If the Update Check/Download Code Functions, any new versions after today will prompt and auto_update.

I will expand the Update Check Function to Include Change Log in the Prompt As well in a update.

Detailed Change Log will still be posted here, but condensed version for the App prompt.

Also, I'm already re-coding the Oculus-Diagnostics Part (Detection etc).

I'm re-coding the app to check the default Oculus install path first, then user set path.

Also looking to Expand that function w/ some new things.

But Oculus is now trying to Push Windows 10 for Minimum Specs Required, So I'm not sure how long these functions will work.

Will Also Add a Option under Application Information to Open the User.Settings Folder to allow user to delete corrupted settings (which sometimes happens when I change setting values before compiling).

Edited by SkateZilla

Change Log for 1.1.0.1006:

-Will be First Update Deployed to AutoUpdate

-Expanded Update Prompt to Include Condensed Change Log (for x.1007+)

-Recoded Oculus Software Detection, Will Scan Default Oculus Install Location first, then user path second if not found in Default Location.

-Added Menu Option, Application Information Open User Settings folder (helpful to delete the Settings if they become corrupt from changes and updates).

-Fixed a Few more typos, and adjusted a few startup elements.

-Added Clear Saved Games Folders Button (Clears SG Folder TextBoxes).

-Further Condensing of Code (Re-Arranged as well), Reduced by another 280 Lines. (now at 9000~ Lines (from January's 19,000+))

-Removed More Old Redundant Functions and Condensed New Functions, Condensed another 762 Lines, Code now 8238 Lines.

-Adjusted Backup Process to Place Backup of the App in /Saved Games/DCS Updater Utility/Backup/ instead of /Backup/ Alongside the App.

(So user w/ App on their Desktop wont have to keep moving / deleting the /Backup/ Folder from their Desktop).

Hopefully I can Push this out on Saturday.

Condensing will continue, as I Merge Duplicate Functions/Parameters into Single Functions/Parameters.

Also Still trying to filter out and catch all the exceptions thrown by network code (specifically w/ the update checks etc).

Edited by SkateZilla

1.1.0.1006 online here and the update server.

SkateZilla I have a couple more wish list requests:

1) ability to backup the dcs directory through your app

2) ability to relocate the dcs directory to another drive through your app so that it handles all the correct attachments.

3)ability to use different event ovgme profiles in you build options

4) ability to check for pure installation on request and show the mods that are not pure and the ability to disable them and reenable them on loading like the vr options or maybe to take a build and reconfigure it with check boxes for certain items

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Good job with this!

Is it possible to switch between beta and stable with one DCS build using this utility?

If not, can it be done otherwise?

Thanks.

Yes, it'll find *all* builds of DCS.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Unusually, I am having all sorts of issues with latest version.

I often get the error as per attachment. In that case, the app starts, but the splash screen won't go away. Has to be killed by Task Manager.

The other issue I get is the app freezing on load in the sense that the preset dropdown is greyed out and nothing can be selected.

SkateZilla I have a couple more wish list requests:

1) ability to backup the dcs directory through your app

2) ability to relocate the dcs directory to another drive through your app so that it handles all the correct attachments.

3)ability to use different event ovgme profiles in you build options

4) ability to check for pure installation on request and show the mods that are not pure and the ability to disable them and reenable them on loading like the vr options or maybe to take a build and reconfigure it with check boxes for certain items

1/2. Moving a DCS install is already a simple cut/paste action, making a backup is a copy/paste function. Depending on the size of the install can take anywhere from 5-45 minutes, then user creates new shortcuts.

I could code such a function, but it would be a waste of time coding something that's a simple cut/copy/paste, the only reason the function exists for the /Config/ Folders is due to problems users have sometimes with /Config/ Folders after updates.

3. I have no plans to include 3rd Party App Functions (Mod Managers, Etc etc), this would bloat the app significantly, and any issues w/ the mod manager's would be inherited as well, The App is Mainly for using the Updater and DCS Functions, it was never intended to be a Mod Manager.

4. Clean/Repair Option already clean and backup modded files, user can simply goto their DCS Folder and restore them again by moving them from the /Backup.xx/ Folder Generated by DCS_Updater. Goes back to Point 3, Never Intended to be a Mod Manager.

Unusually, I am having all sorts of issues with latest version.

I often get the error as per attachment. In that case, the app starts, but the splash screen won't go away. Has to be killed by Task Manager.

The other issue I get is the app freezing on load in the sense that the preset dropdown is greyed out and nothing can be selected.

Generally his is a Result of Corrupted Settings File (Sometimes Happens when Parameters change).

Launch App, Click Continue, Application Information, Open Application Settings Folder,

You should See folders for Every Version of the App you saved settings w/.

Delete them All, End the App Process.

Launch App, Set Options. Save.

However. Code 403 is a Network issue, Specifically the Server is denying a request.

I have yet to isolate which server this is (App Server, DCS Servers or google), or why it's returning Code 403, if anything I integrate a 2nd Mirror, if request 1 fails, check the mirror.

I did find a line of code for the HTTP Checks outside of the Exception Catch, Hopefully Moving that code within the Exception Catch will fix further 403 Exceptions.

With no planned new features at the time, I'm going to continue condensing code and adding Exception Catches

Edited by SkateZilla

Generally his is a Result of Corrupted Settings File (Sometimes Happens when Parameters change).

Launch App, Click Continue, Application Information, Open Application Settings Folder,

You should See folders for Every Version of the App you saved settings w/.

Delete them All, End the App Process.

Launch App, Set Options. Save.

However. Code 403 is a Network issue, Specifically the Server is denying a request.

I have yet to isolate which server this is (App Server, DCS Servers or google), or why it's returning Code 403, if anything I integrate a 2nd Mirror, if request 1 fails, check the mirror.

I did find a line of code for the HTTP Checks outside of the Exception Catch, Hopefully Moving that code within the Exception Catch will fix further 403 Exceptions.

With no planned new features at the time, I'm going to continue condensing code and adding Exception Catches

Thanks Skate. No re-occurrence so far.

Thanks Skate. No re-occurrence so far.

The Internet on the Entire Eastern Coast of the U.S.A. has been in disarray for the last week,

Comcast Crashed entirely twice, taking with them 2 of the eastern hubs.

Like I said, I did find one of the Network Code Lines outside of the Exception Catch, so that's the issue, it runs the command outside of exception check, server returns 403, exception is thrown, since it's outside of Exception Catch, it Prompts and process is stuck.

This will be fixed in next version, right now I'm condensing code and stuff.

1/2. Moving a DCS install is already a simple cut/paste action, making a backup is a copy/paste function. Depending on the size of the install can take anywhere from 5-45 minutes, then user creates new shortcuts.

I could code such a function, but it would be a waste of time coding something that's a simple cut/copy/paste, the only reason the function exists for the /Config/ Folders is due to problems users have sometimes with /Config/ Folders after updates.

My reason for asking this is in case of hidden or external links to the dcs directory and the saved games directory or is everything relevant to dcs working in those two directories?

3. I have no plans to include 3rd Party App Functions (Mod Managers, Etc etc), this would bloat the app significantly, and any issues w/ the mod manager's would be inherited as well, The App is Mainly for using the Updater and DCS Functions, it was never intended to be a Mod Manager.

I understand your position but with the different build format being able to link ovgme profiles would make it so much more handy.

4. Clean/Repair Option already clean and backup modded files, user can simply goto their DCS Folder and restore them again by moving them from the /Backup.xx/ Folder Generated by DCS_Updater. Goes back to Point 3, Never Intended to be a Mod Manager.

Ok it would be nice to have it but if your against it I understand. My idea was get with the ovgme developers and getting it so you could assign a profile created in ovgme through your program if desired and a one button startup for dcs with all external apps starting when dcs starts.but I enjoy using you r app you done a great job you have your plan for its use and I as a user was giving you a list of ideas I had that would make it easier or better in my use.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

This is still a problem. I have to reboot my PC to get this working again.

Ok it would be nice to have it but if your against it I understand. My idea was get with the ovgme developers and getting it so you could assign a profile created in ovgme through your program if desired and a one button startup for dcs with all external apps starting when dcs starts.but I enjoy using you r app you done a great job you have your plan for its use and I as a user was giving you a list of ideas I had that would make it easier or better in my use.

Feedback is very valuable, while not in the current plans, the concept definitely has merit