Having to unplug Rift S all the time.

g2k

Not sure if it’s something I did in set up. I’ve checked on reddit etc.

I’m hearing that if people just take off the headset when the are done it hibernates or something. But when I try this and come back to my pc and start DCS it automatically goes to oculus. I don’t always want to be in VR as I like to tinker with settings after learning things here on ED. When it defaults do oculus I can’t use my mouse etc in my PC screen. So I went to the oculus settings and disabled auto start or whatever it’s called. But it still kicks into VR every time I open DCS from my PC with the monitor.

I’m sure I’m overlooking something simple, but I’m at a loss.

(I just jotted this hardware info down so younger smarter people can help me troubleshoot possible flaws)

i7 9700K 3.7Ghz | ROG Strix RTX2080S GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB | WD 1TB-SSD | Corsair RGB 280mm Liquid CPU cooler | Asus TUF Z390-Plus w/DDR4 2666

TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswinds | HP Reverb G2

Thank you Monsieur Tee!

(I just jotted this hardware info down so younger smarter people can help me troubleshoot possible flaws)

i7 9700K 3.7Ghz | ROG Strix RTX2080S GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB | WD 1TB-SSD | Corsair RGB 280mm Liquid CPU cooler | Asus TUF Z390-Plus w/DDR4 2666

I think I will just keep unplugging for now.

But once I learn more I can see this being a helpful tool. I just have much more to learn before I unpack all of this. I’m not exactly computer savvy. But I have come a long way in the last little while. I will get there. And when I do, utilizing this will be awesome.

Thanks again.

It's easy to use and lets you switch between VR and non VR by just clicking the right button. No need to unplug, re-plug anymore.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Yep I use SkateZilla's tool as well for starting in non-vr when I need to adjust settings or assign controls. Great utility!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

The Oculus runtime service continues to function when you close the Oculus software. You can use Task Manger, "Processes" tab, to "end task" manually or use OTT. OTT has settings that will automatically start and end the runtime service/Oculus software as well as change speakers when you launch/shutdown OTT. The resource overhead of OTT is low and it's easy to use.

Skatezilla's DCS Updater/Launcher GUI Utility is another utility with very useful features as dburne said. Neither utility is difficult to figure out.

You don't need any third party applications.

All you need to do is to create a new shortcut to DCS.exe that includes either of these (in your case non-VR)

dcs.exe --force_enable_VR

dcs.exe --force_disable_VR

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.