Setting Up Controls and need some help

Lupus4

Ok, I'm sure it's right in front of my face and if it were a snake I'd be long dead, but I can't seem to find a way to bind the Emergency Wing Sweep Handle. Can someone point me to the control so I can bind this to a spare axis or button that I have?

Thank you in advance for your help. I hate the idea of any mouse and keyboard use for a flight sim, especially with all the control options that we have these days.

“If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly.”

― Nick Lappos

"If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing."

― Chuck Yeager

"Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."

― Shane Patton

Ok, I'm sure it's right in front of my face and if it were a snake I'd be long dead, but I can't seem to find a way to bind the Emergency Wing Sweep Handle. Can someone point me to the control so I can bind this to a spare axis or button that I have?

Thank you in advance for your help. I hate the idea of any mouse and keyboard use for a flight sim, especially with all the control options that we have these days.

As far as I know, there isn’t a bind for the emergency sweep handle at all :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I know, there isn’t a bind for the emergency sweep handle at all :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would truly be a terrible over site on Heatblur's part, since that would mean we can't possibly do a cold start without using the mouse to 'click' on cockpit in some way.:mad::cry:

I mean, I've got more than 150 buttons that can be set and 18 analogue axis. It would be a truly dismal thing to tell me that I can't perform a cold start because one of the necessary commands to do so can not be bound to one of those controls.

Edited by Lupus4

― Nick Lappos

"If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing."

― Chuck Yeager

― Shane Patton

I totally agree. You should suggest the addition of both buttons and axis options.

Where would I make such a suggestion?

― Nick Lappos

― Chuck Yeager

― Shane Patton

The reason why we do not add it, is the lack of spider detent you would have, which would make it unrealistic.

It is great if you can modd it in in the meantime, I know you guys keep requesting an axis for emergency sweep time and time again, but before we'd add it, we would need to find an elegant solution that works for all users first. We'll keep thinking about it.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

What is the "spider detent"?

I'll best quote Spiceman on that, one of our maintenance SMEs:

"It is a gear, located down in the throttle quadrant and the emergency wingsweep handle nests into it when the handle is down. It is driven by the CADC and it represents the commanded position of the wings. When the handle is pulled up and disengaged from the spider detent, you are now operating a cable system, via the handle, that overrides the detent and the commanded position of the wings. The handle will not go all the way down and the plastic cover will not close completely. Line the handle up with the detent (manually command the wings to the CADC-commanded position), and the handle can be completely lowered back into the detent."

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

"It is a gear, located down in the throttle quadrant and the emergency wingsweep handle nests into it when the handle is down. It is driven by the CADC and it represents the commanded position of the wings. When the handle is pulled up and disengaged from the spider detent, you are now operating a cable system, via the handle, that overrides the detent and the commanded position of the wings. The handle will not go all the way down and the plastic cover will not close completely. Line the handle up with the detent (manually command the wings to the CADC-commanded position), and the handle can be completely lowered back into the detent."

Thanks. I thought about that when I requested it and the axis not matching the position of the axis in game. If someone were building a pit, a readout of the Emergency Wing-sweep handle that we could translate to a motor position would replicate the spider movement I think.

However, even with out that a bind-able button press to toggle the pull on the Emergency Wing Sweep Axis and a bind-able button press to put the wings in and out of over-sweep would serve the purpose that is needed by those of us that don't want to use the clickable cockpit for landing and take-off.

― Nick Lappos

― Chuck Yeager

― Shane Patton

Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense. Would it be possible to have a keybind called "Spider Detent Toggle" or something to that effect? When engaged, the position of the users axis will be ignored. When disengaged, the users axis will represented by the emergency wingsweep handle, with the top 5%-10% as the raised position. Or a a button can be used as "press-to-raise" the emergency wingsweep handle.