Anyone heard from Urze lately?

Hi all,

Im trying to get hold of Urze. Has anyone heard anything from him lately?

I have tried his Yahoo.de email address with no reply in a couple of weeks. I have a Cougar Joystick extension on order that was being sent on 12th Jan and wanted to check progress as Im building a very simple home cockpit (mostly bolted to a chair!).

I hope he is ok.

Rgds,

Jase.

Rig: Home Built, water cooled,i5 2500K @ 4.3Ghz, ASUS P8P67Pro Mobo, 8GB Patriot Viper 2 Sector 5 RAM, MSI Nvidia GTX970 4GB Gaming OC, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Boot, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Games (BS & WH), Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB other,

Samsung UE37D5000 37" LED TV,EloTouch 1600x1200 secondary, Thrustmaster Warthog No.467, Thrustmaster MFD, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR4 with Track Clip Pro.

Ex RAF Aircrew, Real Life Pilot, proud Geek and father of one :)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in the same boat also. Over $200.00 sent to him. He does not reply. Yey I have seen new posts in other forums of some of his new ideas. I am getting a little nervous. I suggest we stay in contact with each other. Maybe stickie this. I am getting a bad feeling. I hope things turn out OK!? If he is trying to start a new business, this is not a good way to treat your customers. He advertises on SimHQ. Perhaps we should alert them of the problem. I do hope he is OK! I am going to look up the dates of his latest posts. See Alternatives for a home cockpit later in these threads. Last edited by Urze on 1/21/09.

Edited by soup55

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SOUP55:matrix:

i think the guy is depressed...has the million dollar setup, triple screen , montion platform and all, but with the bugs, it is ruining his experience...lol

i am running black shark, getting by at 25-40 Fps, (all high except water) on vista x64 and using the affinity trick..(8800gts 512 @ 1920x1080) ONE MONITOR

uzre has 3 monitors...even six...

he must get pissed off at 1-5 fps..lol

i really hope the next patch addresses the multi monitor issue...found out the hard way (after buying 3 monitors & TH2G)..i was so dissappointed not having the ABRIS on a secondary monitor... (got it to work, but using the dumb phantom monitor otions.lua hax)

for now i am on my 1x 46 monitor @ 25-40fps...

its ok...i have been flying for the past week (finally), other than some bugs and hardware issues, the black shark experience is good...

for urze (and all of you guys), i show my current project..

picture002bi2.jpg

w640.png

picture001md0.jpg

w480.png

my touch screen controller project...

note to DCS...

GAME IS GREAT...FIX O/S and multimonitor issues...and delevelop AH-64 soon, I AM READY TO BUILD AN APACHE COCKPIT (with pilot gunner combo)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

I'm running TH2Go with 3 19" Acer monitors. At medium settings I get between 25 & 35 FPS. I also have a 15" touchscreen monitor, but, have been putting off installing it. Got the Abris and Targeting screen running fine just using the options in their setup. Problem is, I like to use all 3 screens for cockpit view, (along with TrackIR) Now to finf a way to display the abris,etc. on different monitors. URZE- Let us know you are OK. You have some fantastic ideas! Especially the Cougar FFB setup. I would like that!

he's not going to Rio with the money from my collective :)

Maybe Benidorm?

If there are personal issues on his side maybe a single post to all would alleviate some of the concerns here, after all this site is his greatest potential for getting sales / earnings.

I'm running TH2Go with 3 19" Acer monitors. At medium settings I get between 25 & 35 FPS. I also have a 15" touchscreen monitor, but, have been putting off installing it. Got the Abris and Targeting screen running fine just using the options in their setup. Problem is, I like to use all 3 screens for cockpit view, (along with TrackIR) Now to finf a way to display the abris,etc. on different monitors. URZE- Let us know you are OK. You have some fantastic ideas! Especially the Cougar FFB setup. I would like that!

hi there..may i ask, the following?

are your 19" monitors wide or regular? (16:10 or 4:3)??

are you using Vista or XP?

you must be using XP with 4:3 (x3), because it sounds like you have everything working ok....

unfortunatly i bought wides...vista dosent span..so i got hosed..

good to hear TH2G is working for you...

and...URZE..happy new years!

hannibal,

You are right. I am using XP with regular (4:3) monitors. Works great. As far as Urze goes, something is wrong, and I do not think he is sick as he has been making postings. He is ignoring us for a reason, and, I am not too happy about it. Could be some of us aregetting hosed? He certainly must know we are trying to reach him! But, yes, I do understand he is busy with a regular job, a family, and brainstorming all these great ideas along with building them! So, as the saying goes, all good things come to those who wait!

Edited by soup55

I found his communication-politics quite odd, too, but if you ordered an extension, you will get one for sure. It just takes a looooong time, at least to my personal experience. 5 weeks or so, IIRC.

AFAIK he runs this flightsim-stuff besides his normal job, so please have patience. It's definitely worth it.

( On a personal note: If you are a non-smoker like me, plan 2 days of not using your extension to give it some time in fresh air. :P )

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Im not too worried, I know he runs this on the side of a "real" job.

I just hope he is ok.

i can wait, as from what I have heard his kit is well worth it.

Rig: Home Built, water cooled,i5 2500K @ 4.3Ghz, ASUS P8P67Pro Mobo, 8GB Patriot Viper 2 Sector 5 RAM, MSI Nvidia GTX970 4GB Gaming OC, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Boot, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Games (BS & WH), Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB other,

Samsung UE37D5000 37" LED TV,EloTouch 1600x1200 secondary, Thrustmaster Warthog No.467, Thrustmaster MFD, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR4 with Track Clip Pro.

I hope you are correct. It just seems to me that if you are trying to start a business you would maintain communications with you customers! He has great ideas and solutions. He claims to have found the "Holy Grail" of FFB joysticks. From watching his videos presenting it, I would be interested in obtaining one. But I have to wait and see what happens with my present order.:cry::helpsmilie::music_whistling: Urze if you are out there, PLEASE respond!:dontgetit:

Hello all !

Yes some of the things that the people are writing is right and I also want to apologize for my late response. I did some mistakes...

First of all :

I don't plan to do a financial fraud!

To tell long story short:

I between the years I send a many quotations to people that wanted to become customers.

Most of the quotations I wrote where accepted and are paid in advance.

But now I'm in a similar situation like the sorcerer's apprentice in the fairy tale.

I have now more orders that I'm able to handle at the given time frame (the delivery time I gave the people in the Quotations).

If that is not enough I was also forced to stay 350km away at home the last two weeks because of a unexpected family affair. (I didn't had a regular Internet connection at the place where I stayed and only my ipod-touch to track incoming mails.)

And the guy that helped me regular with the Leftside-Limited things in his free time the last three month isn't able to do it any further anymore because he becomes a father...

It was also planed that I get most of my needed parts from a Metalworker company here in Berlin - to disburden me from the workload - but they got a very big order from a regular customer and they put me aside for another month (manly because I'm doing only "wired toys" and they aren't able to earn really money with me).

I don't write this to to make an excuse about my behavior- I just want to give you the facts that lead to the situation that I'm one month to be behindhand with the delivery of 10 orders.

I made last December most of my plans without counting in that things aren't working as planed...

Since yesterday I'm back in Berlin to get all things done right.

I will contact all of you that are waiting for a response for so long now at this weekend. But I also need some time for it.

(I normally get around 20 Mails each day and at the weekends even more beside the regular customer requests...and right now I have over 200 unanswered Mails.)

That's the honest response I can do in this thread and I will not discuss this further in this threat or any forum. I will also send everyone his money back (as I did already in some cases) If you want to cancel your order.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience that some of you having with me right now.

But I want to tell you also that beside the Leftside-Limited business I'm doing fine and everything is still in place.

Sincerely,

Urze

• Like 2

hey man...good to hear you are well...

i have some thoughts..

it have spent about 10 months building my sim pit...

it has been a grueling experience.

i just got black shark last week..

i have to say , it was exciting to actually use the hardware for the first time on black shark...

making a pit is not easy...espcially when you do not have anything exact to go on..

i thank you, and others on all the other sim sites and forums.. dcs, hovercontrol, simhq, etc..for having share photos, ideas, data, info, and comments...

IT IS BEAUTIFUL TO CREATE SOMETHING..... to take an idea, and then actually make it come alive...

i hope business is good for you...BUT DO NOT LET IT DETER YOU FROM WHAT YOU DO BEST.... CREATEEEEEEEE !!!!!!

Don't worry fellas, Urze will get you your goods. I ordered the collective mod just before Christmas, and received it at the beginning of this week (took around 2.5 weeks for the item to get from Germany to Australia). It was well worth the wait, the thing is freaking awesome!:joystick:

Hey Urze, I understand totally. My 2 cents is if you have problems and know about it- I would post something here in the forum! Just one post to ease tensions. I really don't care how long it takes since you make quality and rare products! I think most people here understand that you are doing this alone part time. So, don't sweat it and keep developing new products!:thumbup:

Hi Urze! It is good to hear from you, and, I am glad you are doing good. Thanks for responding to some of our concerns. Now I don't mind waiting and would never cancel my order. No one else is making the things you produce, and, after this order I still plan on purchasing more items from you. I have my eye on that FFB Cougar! I know how busy you must be, and I hope Leftside Limited does well.:thumbup: Again thanks. As I said before- good things come to those who wait!

Hi Urze,

As I satrted this thread Im sorry it may have sounded like a complaint.

Like I said Im all too happy to wait for delivery as I know its great stuff and that its not your full time job.

Im just glad to hear that youre well, and in this time of global recession its also nice to hear that at least one company in Europe is doing well.

Thanks for all of your effort and I look forward to seeing your work.

J.