Tacview 0.95 for FC2

Vyrtuoz

While waiting for Tacview 1.0, here Tacview 0.95a!

• Full Flaming Cliffs 2 support
  • Black Shark and Flaming Cliffs 2 flight recordings have been optimized and are now 3 times smaller in average
  • You can now choose where to record your flights!
  • + Many fixes and improvements

Enjoy!

http://tacview.strasoftware.com

Flights are now recorded by default into [\My Documents\Tacview\]

TacviewExportFolderEN.png

Tacview-095-01.jpg

Edited by Vyrtuoz
  • Like 9
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

In the previous versions there were some issues with turn rates;

I think TR was calculated from magnetic headings instead of from actual 3D turns.

Have you looked into this?

How is turn rate defined?

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

From There website:

NOTICE: In network games, the host must set [EnableExportScript=true] in [config.lua] in order to allow Tacview recording on clients computers.

Virtual 66th will have this up on ours soon.

is this work on multiplayer? or need to do some workaround?

If the server allows it you will have a Tacview for your flight. If the server does not allow it, then to watch a Tacview you have to replay a track first.

Many servers will not allow Tacview as it can be used live, alt+tab out of sim, press F5 in Windows folders, view Tacview for your current live flight up to the point of opening the Tacview.

Thanks Vyrtuoz for the update! One of the best tools for the ED community.

Thanks a lot!

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

If the server allows it you will have a Tacview for your flight. If the server does not allow it, then to watch a Tacview you have to replay a track first.

Do you have to watch the whole track to get the whole Tacview? I love tacview and would really like to be able to use it in any fashion with my flights on the 104th server. It's a great learning tool.

Sadly the capability to "lock" live tacviews was removed from LockOn when FC2 was released. Write to your local devs asking for it back.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Thanks Vyrtuoz.

I especially appreciate your effort in compacting the logs. The stallturn.com server produces around 2GB of logs per day even if very few people join in (the bots are busy killing each other - especially the tanks). Making smaller logs saves me a great deal of disk space.

Great work Vyrtuouz!

For easy replaying of tracks, check this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=53270

Later today I'll post two more batch scripts that allow you to switch between the Tacview enabled export.lua and the default export.lua. I use these scripts a lot, where I have short cuts on my desktop and can switch between one and the other in a single click.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Do you have to watch the whole track to get the whole Tacview? I love tacview and would really like to be able to use it in any fashion with my flights on the 104th server. It's a great learning tool.

Yes, watch the whole track, use fast forward but it may introduce errors, since the patch though that is suppose to be better.

In the past Tacview did not work this way. It would not provide live updates. Maybe someday it will possible to disable the live viewing again. I hope so anyway.

This does not diminish the hard work done by Vyrtuouz. It is an excellent tool and servers have the option to run with it on or off.

In the past Tacview did not work this way. It would not provide live updates. Maybe someday it will possible to disable the live viewing again. I hope so anyway.
It is already possible to disable live Tacview, exactly in the same way we did it in FC1.12. Unfortunately the only way to make it work is to make clients download customized export.lua and tacview.lua files, which raises the threshold for them to join any server that uses these. This would only work well with a community made mod. I would encourage any server admin that is not yet a member on the Community Round Table to join:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=50421

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Wow. Never seen this before as I am a relative newcomer. This is an incredibly useful tool in the whole, "where the hell did that come from" debate.

This game just gets better and better with all these cool mods and tools!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Thankyou Vyrtuoz it's appreciated. :smilewink:

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

About Turn Rate

Turn rate is actually based on heading change. This is not a bug.

However I’m going to add a 3D “dogfight” turn rate in next versions if you wish.

Do not hesitate to send me requests by email or PM because I can’t think about every possible feature :).

In the previous versions there were some issues with turn rates;

I think TR was calculated from magnetic headings instead of from actual 3D turns.

Have you looked into this?

How is turn rate defined?

• Like 1

Tacview should works fine under 7

Tacview 0.95 has been developed “for” and under Windows Vista/7 x64 and it fully complies with Microsoft UAC rules. So export-script installation should work fine 99% of the time.

However in some rare cases, Tacview may not be able to auto-detect Lock-On install folder. This is because of a bug in Lock-On installer. In that case Tacview asks you to tell him where Lock-On is installed. Then the script installation should resume without any issue (you may get an UAC prompt which is normal if Lock-On is installed under %program files%).

So you should never run Tacview under an administrator account or in Windows XP emulation mode. This will just cut down some features and lower you computer security.

If you encounter a case which is NOT described here, please let me know:

• What version of windows you are using
  • What version of Lock-On you are using (the language matters)
  • How to reproduce the bug (e.g. what accounts have been used when you saw that bug)

So I will be able to improve further script installation in future versions.

Just a heads up for Windows 7 users. Run this in admin mode and xp sp3 compatible. Only way I could get it to work. Just admin won't do it.

I was just playing in the 104th, and then tried to use tacview. I saw the file in my temp folder for the multiplayer session, but when I tried to open it it gave me an error message about some sort of export settings.

Do I need to change my settings to get this program to work with multiplayer?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

I was just playing in the 104th, and then tried to use tacview. I saw the file in my temp folder for the multiplayer session, but when I tried to open it it gave me an error message about some sort of export settings.

Do I need to change my settings to get this program to work with multiplayer?

Tacviews are currently turned off on the 104th server. To get a proper Tacview acmi file from a flight on the 104th server, you have to playback a track first which will then generate a Tacview.

Later today I'll post two more batch scripts that allow you to switch between the Tacview enabled export.lua and the default export.lua. I use these scripts a lot' date=' where I have short cuts on my desktop and can switch between one and the other in a single click.[/quote']Here's my batch scripts that'll switch back and forth between stock export and a Tacview enabled export. Adapt the paths in the scripts as necessary. Note that this is for Tacview 0.95.

export.zip